Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 08:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Update please
Old 04-21-2006, 09:59 AM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
It's a side job for my friend...

Hey Blake...so it's taking a bit more time than I thought...he made the mold the last time I went...so...maybe I'll go and prod him a bit today...

I'll let you know...

Brent
Old 04-22-2006, 06:32 PM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
If my "friend" took that long to complete the project, I'd probably have to choke him till he was black and blue.

San
Old 04-22-2006, 08:13 PM

^^^heh heh....

Originally Posted by oldmansan
If my "friend" took that long to complete the project, I'd probably have to choke him till he was black and blue.

San
I'm in no rush...but I did get a Saturday commitment from him next week...I am even on the board...we'll see what he comes up with...I have to drop my car off to him on Friday night...
Old 04-23-2006, 05:45 AM

Car Info: 09 WrX Pearl White 5dr hb / 04 Wrx White
i cant imagine if you blast it really hard and a chick seating on it or if you want to kick out your passenger.....
Old 04-24-2006, 01:46 PM

I really miss not having my sub up front...

I built custom fiberglass/mdf boxes for two prior vehicles (Ford F-150 amd Toyota tundra w/capt. chairs) inside the center consoles.

Both used the Phoenix Gold XMAX 10" sub...while the speakers were not designed to be heard down the street, the sound was so smooth...you couldn't tell where the bass was coming from...there were no blind spots in the sound at all...

Granted I had ADS speakers all around and a Rockford 8140 Comp Deck in there with the PA2 equalizer...miss the trucks...(I don't miss the $75 dollars it costs to fill it up though...)
Old 05-01-2006, 12:51 AM

Went in for final fitting this weekend for the subs...

Looking forward to seeing the final product...he hasn't shown it to me yet...
Old 05-08-2006, 12:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Originally Posted by Island Style
Looking forward to seeing the final product...he hasn't shown it to me yet...
Hey Brent, I just want first off say Thank you man for your deep thoughts and appreciation towards my recent loss of my Dad!!

Well need to switch subjects! I was wondering if your friend thats working on your custom box for you subs does other types of mods. I just bought an extra stereo bezel for my car and thought to myself if someone like your friend is able to make a fiberglass panel with 60mm holes so I could insert it that into the empty area when DIN pocket and radio is removed so I could place my gauges where the pocket and radio was originally located.

Thanks brent s.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:22 AM

Hey Walter...yeah no problem man...

Glad you are able to focus on other things...it's been hard for me and I still have bouts of sadness at times...

as far as your ideas...yes, I'm sure he could...I've seen some of his custom fiberglass work and it looks nice...not sure about pricing though...

His name is Leo Parks and he owns and operates Supertech in Kalihi...best thing to do is stop by with parts in hand and explain to him exactly what you want...he should be able to give you an idea on how much it would cost...let him know that I told you about him and that you belong to the Subaru club...

He already ran a grounding kit for me using 4gauge wire...and gold connectors...$60...looks nice and very custom...my car does idle and run smoother since the wiring...

As soon as I get my Endura-Tech hood struts in...I will take pictures and post it up...

I don't have Leo's phone number handy...as soon as I find it, I will PM you...

Brent
Old 05-08-2006, 02:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Red face Kool Brent, I too though in the early stages still feel hollow

Originally Posted by Island Style
Glad you are able to focus on other things...it's been hard for me and I still have bouts of sadness at times...

as far as your ideas...yes, I'm sure he could...I've seen some of his custom fiberglass work and it looks nice...not sure about pricing though...

His name is Leo Parks and he owns and operates Supertech in Kalihi...best thing to do is stop by with parts in hand and explain to him exactly what you want...he should be able to give you an idea on how much it would cost...let him know that I told you about him and that you belong to the Subaru club...

He already ran a grounding kit for me using 4gauge wire...and gold connectors...$60...looks nice and very custom...my car does idle and run smoother since the wiring...

As soon as I get my Endura-Tech hood struts in...I will take pictures and post it up...

I don't have Leo's phone number handy...as soon as I find it, I will PM you...

Brent
Its funny," how time heals all wounds but the wounds are not totally healed!"
Funny thing though, I havent heard about that shop till Friday when my Sister,mom, and I were picking up my Dads Barong(Filipino Special Occasions Clothing:i.e. Wedding, First Baptismal, Funeral, etc.) in Kalihi and came aross that shop. Its the one next to the Board of Water supply station right! Well thanks Brent and Ill definetly mention you.Wanna let you know that I Decided to keep the car and pick up the truck(not the x-runner) but a toyota 4cylinder truck and build my Subaru in his memory since he knew how long I was in the tuner world and how he helped me with building my 1996 Honda civic before.

Thanks again,
Walter
Old 05-22-2006, 08:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Bump...done yet?
Old 05-22-2006, 08:39 AM

Angry hmmm....

hopefully...went by last Wednesday...seems my project is being continually put on the side...I'll update soon...not happy