Curbed rims,..By Servco Service Dept.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 10:43 PM

Car Info: 08 Nissan Titan, 12 MazdaSpeed 3, 15 Honda CRV
Curbed rims,..By Servco Service Dept.

I picked up my Legacy GT today at lunch and went back to work. When I got home tonight at 630pm when unloading my stuff, I noticed this crap on my Advan RGII rear passenger side rim,..Needless to say, Im pissed and reallllllyyyyy disappointed. I left a message with the service dept as they are closed and will call them tomorrow. I know that curbing may not be inevitable, but if I paid the cash and had to wait months for these to arrive from Japan, Im the one who be the one to accidentally curb the rims, not someone else and not fess up, especially the dealer. No wonder my car was backed into the stall and not facing forward as usual.

Anyone know what I can do to get payback for this or any retribution as I KNOW I did not do this...

Old 07-18-2007, 11:16 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX wagon
ouch! the dealers might pull a dick move on you and try to say you're blaming them for your mistakes as you didn't observe the car for damages before you left.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
^^^ I totally agree. They'll probably try something especially with the value of the wheels you got...But it doesnt hurt to try..GL
Old 07-18-2007, 11:31 PM

Car Info: 04 XTi.............. Seats down..G's up
thats not minor thats a big rash and if a dealer is not going to own up to doing that then they will not be getting my business. gl and hope they own up and at least try to repair the damages.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:51 PM

Car Info: Silver 02 impreza RS
It'll be hard to prove that the dealer curbed ur rims. You can try to bring it up to the service manager, but since you drove ur car off the lot w/o checking. They will probably not accept the fault. It's a tough one since i work in a service department @ a dealer that's famous for 20" and up rims.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:18 AM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Damn dude, that's pretty noticeable, and I'm sure you'd see if and feel it if you did it. Check with Servco if they do a prior damage check in sheet when your vehicle is dropped off. Don't tell them ahead of time where the damage is though. If they do check the cars in, ask them to see the sheet yourself to see if the wheels were marked as damaged. I work in the same tupe of business, and honestly, sh-t happens sometimes. I'm not saying you're trying to pull something, but we see it almost daily at our place, where people say........."Hey that dent wasn't there before." All we do is pull out the sheet and check. If it's marked as prior.....sorry, you're out of luck. If it's not, we'd fix it. That's why we do a check in when all vehicles are dropped off. It's to protect ourselves. But, if they don't do a check in sheet, it's your word against theirs. Good luck
Old 07-19-2007, 01:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI
a tire center in waipahu did the same thing to my previous car. the only thing is that i saw it before i drove off. the manager of course treated me like ****, short of calling me a liar, eventhough it's so obvious and fresh. of course i fought it because i know that they damaged my rims. eventually he offered to get me a new rim, but i turned it down. he treated me like crap to begin with. i wrote a complaint to bbb and told all the people i know about my experience. i realize they must be getting some fraudulent claims, but what about those legit ones?

i hope it turns out better in your case...the suby community will be watching for the outcome...

Last edited by kolohe_04sti; 07-19-2007 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:20 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
OMG go get some fix a flat and we'll go rally up at the meet go down to the place when their open and find the guy then jam the flix a flat tube up his/her/his *** and let that **** go.

i swear, people have no respect for other peoples things and when **** like this happens never like to fess up to it.

This is NOT the way to get the Hawaii interested in buying from them

Good Luck man!

Jon
Old 07-19-2007, 12:42 PM

Car Info: IS350
Why is everyone so quick to blame the Dealership. When I worked in a service department I used to hear people say "If you want to get your car repainted or get a dent fixed take your car to the dealership for an oil change and blame them after for damage that was already there." Do you really expect sympathy from the dealership when the first thing you do is post on the forums and blame away without talking to them. What if they were to admit to it, then you would look like an a$$ right. In the end you took the vehicle without inspecting it so it is your word against theirs and from my experience the customer most of the time is trying to pull a fast one.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:57 PM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by kmeis350
Why is everyone so quick to blame the Dealership. When I worked in a service department I used to hear people say "If you want to get your car repainted or get a dent fixed take your car to the dealership for an oil change and blame them after for damage that was already there." Do you really expect sympathy from the dealership when the first thing you do is post on the forums and blame away without talking to them. What if they were to admit to it, then you would look like an a$$ right. In the end you took the vehicle without inspecting it so it is your word against theirs and from my experience the customer most of the time is trying to pull a fast one.
I work in the same business, and yes I do see it first hand .......all the time. But, if you read his post, he did call the Service Dept the same day and leave a message. If I owned a set of RGII's I'm pretty sure I'd know if I had a curb like that, plus, look at the pics, it looks fresh. Not saying he did it or they did it. It's all speculation at this point until the OP posts the outcome. If it did happen at the dealer, I hope the OP gets compensated. I know he just sold his set of SSR Comps, are these RGII's brand new?
Old 07-19-2007, 01:05 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by kmeis350
I do not think he would be trying to pull one over on the dealership if he posted on the forums.

I would keep that on the low down if that was the plan.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:06 PM

Car Info: car
damn that sucks, definately looks fresh in my opinion, if it were old, it would have black brake dust or dirt deposits in the grooves of the curbage.....
Old 07-19-2007, 01:08 PM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
Yep, that's pretty fresh. To be really honest though, if I had RGII's and I swear to God I didn't do that myself, and I just took it into the service dept, I would probably do the same thing.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:29 PM

Car Info: IS350
Originally Posted by Bran808
I work in the same business, and yes I do see it first hand .......all the time. But, if you read his post, he did call the Service Dept the same day and leave a message. If I owned a set of RGII's I'm pretty sure I'd know if I had a curb like that, plus, look at the pics, it looks fresh. Not saying he did it or they did it. It's all speculation at this point until the OP posts the outcome. If it did happen at the dealer, I hope the OP gets compensated. I know he just sold his set of SSR Comps, are these RGII's brand new?
I know he called and left a message but before posting on the forums he should have talked to a live body and seen what could have been done. If he were to call me first I would try to fix the situation. But if I saw him posting blaming my dealership before talking to me I really would be less inclined to helping him. Yeah the curb rash looks fresh but hey anything can happen from the time he left the dealership till the time he noticed it.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:38 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx vf34 281hp/276tq
my dealings with servco have been good thus far. even if i only need 1 or two nuts and bolts they always go out of their way to help out. it is entirely possible that if one of the service guys down there did it he may not have realized it. if i were you i would call down there very calm and professional like and just explain what happened and that you didnt see it until you got home. on a small island like this it is definitly in the dealerships best interest to keep its small group of customers happy. plus you know the saying, you'll get more with sugar than vinager....

Quick Reply: Curbed rims,..By Servco Service Dept.