costco tire saga

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 12:30 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
costco tire saga

don't know if this is gonna help anyone but it might save you some $$$. well as some of you know i ordered some KDW's from costco.com on wed afternoon. i had a flat and needed new ones anyways. i had gone to costco twice the past week and was told it would take between 2-4 week to get them to hawaii, and that the fastest way was to order from the web site. well seeing no other choice i ordered them. so after a week of checking the status on costco.com and seeing still in proccess, i decided to give them a call on monday. the lady was very pleasent and said that she would check. she said they were just recieved by the warehouse and that they would be sending them out asap. well i was happy and thought yay only one more week. today(tues), i get a call from costco saying that my tires had come in! i was like WTF!? already??? but i didn't question and said i would be right down. got there and there they were with my name on em. i couldn't believe it. the guy told me that they airfreighted them and they got here fast. for those of you with a brain, thats less than a week! so i brought my rims in hopeing they wouldn't scratch them, and to my surprise, they have the same machine that eurosport does. the same one that is said not to damage your rims. well by this point i was practically pissing myself at the thought of the next auto-x. had to wait 1 1/2 hrs because they only take first come, first serve. so i went into costco and watched tv for a bit. 1 1/2hrs later i went back and there they were. i very carefully examined them for damage and nothing. they were just as i brought them in only with super tires on them. even the rim with a lil curbage was not damaged. needless to say i went home very happy. total price i paid for the tires, shipping, mounting, balanceing, and tire dissposal was $554 for 4, 225-45-17 KDW's. so if you've read this and are wondering my point, well...i'm just happy i have new tires. oh and costco rocks! if you have to get tires you should definately order from them. btw the tire rack wanted $591 for these tires, and you still need to pay to have them mounted and balanced. ok, i'm done. just glad something went "right" for once. man this is long, L8R

Last edited by 04sleeper; 04-13-2005 at 12:33 AM.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:38 AM

Location: Ewa Beach, Hawaii...Current Best Time: 12.59 @ 107.48mph (108.47 best mph) in Hawaiis humid weather! w/ stock turbo&intercooler
Car Info: 2004 STi.....stock turbo/intercooler/cat-back, aftermarket intake/downpipe/piggyback
sounds good! the only thing that sucks is that they no longer install them on your car unless the same tire size is specified inside the door, therefore you can only order plus one fitment tires to be installed on loose rims, but not on the car.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
wow you write pretty long and it's good to see that your not dissapointed..i think i might try the KDW's after my MX's...
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
But...don't you work at Sears? Can't you find something comparable in the brands they carry?

Originally Posted by JT-Sti2
sounds good! the only thing that sucks is that they no longer install them on your car unless the same tire size is specified inside the door, therefore you can only order plus one fitment tires to be installed on loose rims, but not on the car.
yea thats what i did. they were real cool about it. he asked me what kind of car i had and i told him but since the rims were off the car i don't think it matters. plus i was putting on the same size that was commin off.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by bpang1
But...don't you work at Sears? Can't you find something comparable in the brands they carry?
sears does carry the KDW's.....but they are $179 each. so i think i'll stick with costco.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by de pilipino guy
wow you write pretty long and it's good to see that your not dissapointed..i think i might try the KDW's after my MX's...
yea i'm just excited. the tires are great and i can't wait to reallt try them out.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:15 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
but justin.... does sears have a tire return policy?

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 04-13-2005, 02:30 AM

Car Info: '13 WRX Hatch OBP
Congrats mang, I was getting ready to read a slam on costco. I'm glad that they were good to you. Their customer service when I've had to return something has been top notch. I was curious about getting tires from them. Thanks for the info. By the way how is the green valve stem? They use nitrogen or hydrogen, one of the "gens" and use the green valve stem right?
Old 04-13-2005, 02:32 AM

Bastid! I think they gave you my set. I order mines a week before you and they said that they accidently gave them out to someone else! Oh well not like I really needed them right away.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:22 AM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
So Justin, is it noisy on the highway??
Old 04-13-2005, 01:52 PM

Car Info: 2005 Wrx STi Crystal Grey metallic
Originally Posted by Hoppie
Congrats mang, I was getting ready to read a slam on costco. I'm glad that they were good to you. Their customer service when I've had to return something has been top notch. I was curious about getting tires from them. Thanks for the info. By the way how is the green valve stem? They use nitrogen or hydrogen, one of the "gens" and use the green valve stem right?
yea costco is great, you buy something, you dont like they will probably take it back, we even returned stuff without a receipt
Old 04-14-2005, 10:50 AM

Crap, I just called costco yesterday and they said that they don't have my set coming in. Farkers gave you my set and forgot to order in another.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:27 AM

Car Info: 2005 wrx
yup...next time i order my kdw's it's go to be from costco...
Old 04-14-2005, 11:32 AM

Car Info: 2005 wrx
yup...next time i order my kdw's it's go to be from costco...

Quick Reply: costco tire saga