Congratulations to Luis, ricoricanlc!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 03:45 PM

Car Info: grandmas car
Originally Posted by bpang1
Wait...so some people (that I assume work at Sonic) took this car joy-riding without a proper tune and with it running super-lean?
No...his car was recently shipped to Hawaii. The car was suppose to have been tuned by garage tuning in Cali. I think in the process of being shipped here, some parts were switched, so whatever tune it had was no good. Reina and I took it to rads on Thursday and it could not do any pulls...it was running super lean, as if it had not been tuned at all.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by reido
I believe what happened was that they took this car straight to the dyno with the previous mainland tuner's AP map to get a baseline, and the dyno's wideband revealed a really lean A/F and they never completed the run.

They then installed an AEM unit and hard to start from scratch since it's a standalone.
damnit, what Reid said...haha
Old 06-20-2010, 03:52 PM

Car Info: STI
Originally Posted by dysfunctnl doll
damnit, what Reid said...haha
Words 2 cents.
Clarity=priceless

Old 06-20-2010, 04:22 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi
yup the car was prosessionaly built, completed and tunned, by a cali shop, in the process of shippin my car here things got swap, that was hard for to see unless u looking for and have some mechanical knowledge(ei. headers and so forth) they knew i wasnt gonna recived the car and that it was gonna be my girl friend(of course she knows nothin about cars) I have to chase down the AP and the extra keys as they kept them (dont know why the AP is married to the ECU and who ever wanted to keep it cant use it) long story short just beware of whom you trust. And Sonics did a great job at tunnin the car the power curve is smooth even when they were limited to my injectors size, @ 22PSI 425AWHP is not that bad, I was skeptic at first cuz i never heard of tunners in hawaii other than Ryan at the old Vakamon.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by reido
Words 2 cents.
Clarity=priceless

thanks for owning me, as usual...this is like a daily occurance with us, lol

Originally Posted by ricoricanlc
yup the car was prosessionaly built, completed and tunned, by a cali shop, in the process of shippin my car here things got swap, that was hard for to see unless u looking for and have some mechanical knowledge(ei. headers and so forth) they knew i wasnt gonna recived the car and that it was gonna be my girl friend(of course she knows nothin about cars) I have to chase down the AP and the extra keys as they kept them (dont know why the AP is married to the ECU and who ever wanted to keep it cant use it) long story short just beware of whom you trust. And Sonics did a great job at tunnin the car the power curve is smooth even when they were limited to my injectors size, @ 22PSI 425AWHP is not that bad, I was skeptic at first cuz i never heard of tunners in hawaii other than Ryan at the old Vakamon.
hey luis-not too sure if you got my IMs, but your a/f is a steady 11.5. he mentioned doing more runs with your car and could definately get more power down low....i know you just wanted to know what your car could do as is, and i think it did well considering the setup. if you do runs sooner than later, and your header is not here, you can borrow my hks....not sure if it will make a difference or not, but thats my way of getting you to buy it later ahahaha...just kidding! i just really want to see how far your car can go
Old 06-22-2010, 05:24 AM

Car Info: 2005 STi
Originally Posted by dysfunctnl doll
thanks for owning me, as usual...this is like a daily occurance with us, lol

hey luis-not too sure if you got my IMs, but your a/f is a steady 11.5. he mentioned doing more runs with your car and could definately get more power down low....i know you just wanted to know what your car could do as is, and i think it did well considering the setup. if you do runs sooner than later, and your header is not here, you can borrow my hks....not sure if it will make a difference or not, but thats my way of getting you to buy it later ahahaha...just kidding! i just really want to see how far your car can go
as u said on ur 1st post, "GO BIGGER", well i already ordered 1000 cc injectors and the convertion kit for topfeed. the meth will be trouble shooted and mmmmm i was lookin bout gettin the perrin EL headers, they look super sick plus is one of the best in the market. well see...
Old 06-22-2010, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by ricoricanlc
as u said on ur 1st post, "GO BIGGER", well i already ordered 1000 cc injectors and the convertion kit for topfeed. the meth will be trouble shooted and mmmmm i was lookin bout gettin the perrin EL headers, they look super sick plus is one of the best in the market. well see...
got to test drive your car last night....i must say, driveability has increased 1000%! very smooth and the idle does not get angry anymore when the a/c kicks on. when you get your header, if you need help wrapping it, let me know oh! and thanks for the bcs!!!