Congratulations!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 06:24 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
Congratulations!!

I know he doesn't drive a Subie anymore, but cogratulations to Petter Solberg on a podium finish in Rally Mexico. Solberg is a privateer running a Citroen, and it was decided on the final Superspecial where he edged out the factory-backed Citroen of Ogier. So it was a 1-2-3 podiun for Citroen, with Loeb finishing first. GO PETTER!!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:02 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
umm... woo-hoo...? lol
Old 03-10-2010, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by KrIsToY!
umm... woo-hoo...? lol
Guess you're not a rally fan, know you're roots son. Without rally, you would not have that WRX you are driving. Petter Solberg won the WRC drivers champioship driving for Subaru. Subaru pulled out of WRC almost two years ago, so he was left without a ride. Just giving credit where credit is due, um yeah woo-hoo.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:23 PM

Car Info: DoucheMobile
Originally Posted by shiroikage
Guess you're not a rally fan, know you're roots son. Without rally, you would not have that WRX you are driving. Petter Solberg won the WRC drivers champioship driving for Subaru. Subaru pulled out of WRC almost two years ago, so he was left without a ride. Just giving credit where credit is due, um yeah woo-hoo.
You tell um!

Congrads to Solberg, but I'm still sickened that the Frenchmen Leob is still dominating WRC. Can I haz parody please?

Oh an also, Ken Block didnt finish bottom. Not bad for a first race I guess. I hope they improve as the season goes on. Now that Subaru is out of the big dance, I find my self rooting for Ford. Fiesta/Focus RS <3.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
t.makinen,c.atkinson, t.arai, h.solberg, and Sir C.McRae just to name a few. Maybe they should add drama to wrc like how they do in wrestling.lmao..
Old 03-10-2010, 11:11 PM

Thanks for the support Joey and Walter. WRC is not the same with just two marquees battling it out, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Citroen, Peugeot, Ford, Skoda, and Hyundai...now those were the days. Solberg was leading after day one, but road sweeping duties on day two led to him being overtaken by Loeb and Ogier. He did battle back on day three to take second though. ABL Anyone But Loeb is pretty much who I root for, Miko Hirvonen has a pretty good chance this year and I really hope he does it. I think Subaru let him go too soon. Block was doing well, 10th after day one, but an off on day two dropped him down. Does anybody subscribe to DiscoveryHD? How's the coverage?
Old 03-10-2010, 11:40 PM

Car Info: 2005 Saabaru 9-2x Aero
And what about F1 driver Kimi Raikkonen, tearing it up. Who's ready for the Gulf Air race this weekend in Bahrain!
Old 03-11-2010, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by RallyGC
And what about F1 driver Kimi Raikkonen, tearing it up. Who's ready for the Gulf Air race this weekend in Bahrain!
YES! Sorry guys, as much as I love WRC, Formula One is where my heart is.

I know it's cliche, but I'm rooting for Schumy this year! I love comeback stories. Plus, Mercedes GP just sounds awesome. And their car's look brilliant.

However I have a feeling king Lewis might do well again this year.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:51 PM

Car Info: 08 sti
i like solberg
Old 03-12-2010, 12:51 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Originally Posted by shiroikage
o yea i totally knew about WRC and how subaru pwns noobs back in the day, i just dont keep up to date with it... i'd love to, but i dont have cable...
Old 03-12-2010, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by KrIsToY!
o yea i totally knew about WRC and how subaru pwns noobs back in the day, i just dont keep up to date with it... i'd love to, but i dont have cable...
But you have an internet obviously....

http://www.wrc.com/index.jsp

FYI: I'm fairly confident that most of us here are NOT keeping up with WRC on TV...