congrats to carlo hitting 12.87

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 06:13 PM

Car Info: 2008 Legacy 3.0R 3L H-6 RIP :( Hello 09 FXT!
great job babe! see ya soon!
Old 01-16-2005, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by outlaw23
Goal incase anyone wants to know is to be the fastest AWD in Hawaii beating the record set by Chris at 12.31.
Congratulations dude. Good times, and you'll do MUCH better once you get the boost problem sorted out.

12.31 is the fastest AWD time in Hawaii? It's not even close. You've got more work cut out for you than you think, but I'm rooting for ya man!
Old 01-16-2005, 12:40 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Roberto
Congratulations dude. Good times, and you'll do MUCH better once you get the boost problem sorted out.

12.31 is the fastest AWD time in Hawaii? It's not even close. You've got more work cut out for you than you think, but I'm rooting for ya man!
Just like what Roberto said. 12.31 is not Hawaii's fastest 4cyl AWD platform. But doing a 12.8 @ 12.5 psi is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Job. Good luck on your goal!
Old 01-17-2005, 12:52 AM

I was waiting for the DSM crew to chime in on this.....I knew that 12.XXX was in no way close to the AWD record for the island. Just out of curiousity though, who holds the record for quickest AWD in the state and what is it ?
Old 01-17-2005, 01:15 AM

Fastest AWD time I've seen was Chris (Chibby Goku) with a 12.31, but he did not send in his time slips to be rated in Shift Magizine. I'm not sure what the fastest posted time is, but i think it is like a 12.5.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:29 AM

Car Info: toaster
im still at the top in xshift with a 12.61. xshift is not the bible.

DSM's and im assuming Gus' dodge stealth are the fastest AWD's on the island, running low 12's and into the 11's. maybe more i dont know, i dont go to the track anymore. But thats the last i heard about their times.

and grats on 12's

Last edited by kawshon1; 01-17-2005 at 02:34 AM.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:23 AM

This is all off the top of my head, but I've witnessed each of these personally and have seen the time-slips as well. Let me know if you guys need proof posted here such as times-slips or video. I’ve got both of my car, and each example listed on here still has their time-slips.

Let's see here's a few...

Chris Ranes was in the mid-10s at 130 or so. Keep in mind, that was a completely gutted and fuel-celled 1st-gen DSM race car with a sheet-metal dash and lexan. Not a street car. He does hold the AWD record out here though.

Luke Reeder (lilgsx) is in the high 11s at over 120mph (100mph in the 8th). That was with a smaller turbo (now running a GT-35s). He's running a much better ex-manifold (nice header!) setup now (too many changes to list), so look for MUCH faster times and mph. He won’t make predictions, but I’d be very surprised to see that car trap less than 130mph now.

Gus (Stealth) is in the high 11s (don't remember the mpg). He's making more power now (59*whp), so that time will go way down, and whatever mph he was running will go up next time out.

Marie's EvilDSM is in the 11s (don't remember the mph). Her ex-husband Juan was driving. Car is getting some minor changes and hopefully a shep-trans before it's next outing.

My Talon went many 12.0* passes at 116-118 with the 20G (smaller than a 50-trim), and full-weight including stereo and subs. That turbo was sold a while back and the car now runs an HKS manifold, Forced Performance T4 turbo, and HKS racegate. Again, way too many changes to list including headwork, cams, stand-alone, etc since the last time out. That car is up and running now with the new setup, and will be ready for the track in March when the Shep trans arrives (being worked on now on the mainland). I will not make predictions on my new times since I don’t want to jinx it, but I can at least say it won’t be slower next time out.

That’s all I can remember right now, but I’m sure I’m forgetting some people. I’ve never even heard of a “Shift Magazine”, and I don’t think any of the people I know have either. What is it? Is it local or national? I find it funny that some obscure magazine is the keeper of the Hawaii AWD drag records when many of us AWD people have not even heard of it. Is it Subi-centric?
Old 01-17-2005, 11:35 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally Posted by islandx
I was waiting for the DSM crew to chime in on this.....I knew that 12.XXX was in no way close to the AWD record for the island.
ditto... one of the reasons why i won't enter in the drag game. don't have the $$ to compete like that...

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 01-17-2005, 11:51 AM

I think the local Subis do just fine out here. Quite a few of you are already doing really well, and are going to have no trouble competing at the drags at all with those nice turbos going on some of those cars of yours. We (DSMs) just have a head-start of a few years, but it all evens out over time. I'm rooting for the Subaru guys as much as I do for the DSM guys.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:07 PM

Wow! Did not know all this good info. Xshift magazine was the only thing i found that posted AWD times and i did not know that until someone recently pointed it out. Okay new goal: Hawaii's fastest Subaru (12.3 or lower).
Old 01-17-2005, 06:51 PM

Well Someone was tooting my horn! Thanks Roberto. But you Subi guys are doing outstanding at the Drags. I understand that alot of you guys so the Solo II runs and Super lap, and you guys hold the record there. But what ever you decide to do, just have a goal and a plan and stick to it. You will get there. But remember throwing money at something does not always make it fast. Do your homework then spend your money.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:48 PM

Car Info: Real Slow
Originally Posted by lilgsx
But remember throwing money at something does not always make it fast. Do your homework then spend your money.
Amen!
Old 01-18-2005, 06:24 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
Originally Posted by Roberto
Marie's EvilDSM is in the 11s (don't remember the mph). Her ex-husband Juan was driving. Car is getting some minor changes and hopefully a shep-trans before it's next outing.
wtf.. i didnt know her car was in the 11's. i need to congratulate her.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by lilgsx
Do your homework then spend your money.
Amen x2 . Congrats Carlo.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:15 PM

Car Info: Vakamon WRX
Great to see other suby owners getting serious! Congrats Carlo, especially on such low boost.

I'm rooting for you to break the record, but if you break into the 11's first, I'm going to do mule kicks and beat myself on the head.

As for me, despite of what everyone thinks of sleeving a semi-closed deck Sti block, I may purchase just the sleeves from Ron and intall them myself. My supporting components such as CP pistons, Pauter rods, and cryo treated bearings have been waiting for a new home other then my shelf for awhile. I plan to keep the current bore and stroke.

Also, I think that once I finally tune my car (my Utec has kapooted while my base mapped ecutek has been doing the job) , my GT30 will be my bottle neck. I'm still searching for a turbo that will fill satisfy both my power hunger and will be easy on my limited budget.

Team Sonic-Chibby (sub-sonic and chibby goku) is trying to put Team CHASE, on the map.

Alohas and good luck!
Chris