Coming to Hawaii again

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 09:31 AM

If you are interested in getting road tuned this is my suggestion:

1) Get a list of how many people are interested and make sure they have ECUTEK, XEDE, etc.. It's probably too late to get those shipped out.
2) Try and contact Shiv and see if he is still offering up Sunday to road tune and let him know how many cars. I know he would have liked to do 10 or so, but I'm sure he'd be willing to do just a handful. Since Shiv is probably on his way out here (he said 23-30) you'll probably need to contact the shop and try and get in touch with him via his cell phone.
3) If he's willing to do the tuning figure out a place and let eveyone know where to meet. Since it is road tuning it needs to be a place where he has some flexibility to drive the car hard without being bothered by the flashing blue lights.

I was going to try and head this up, but I didn't get much of a response when I asked people to speak up. I actually have no plans to get tuned because I want to wait for a plug and play solution vs hard wired. I would suggest that someone take the lead and try to work out the detail. Also remember Shiv's tuning time cost money and I don't know what he would charge per hour.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:03 AM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
Last time he was here he did about 4 cars, I think?? Can't remember. And his price was very reasonable.

If you want your car tuned, you better get on the phone at try and set it up!!
Old 07-23-2003, 12:07 PM

Car Info: 996 Turbo,Gallardo,BMW 335,125cc shifter kart,etc
Postoned....

Hi guys,

Looks like we'll have to postone the HI tuning trip until later in the summer. Some circumstances are preventing me from leaving work for the week. Plus, with some more planning time, we can get more people involved with the tuning day(s). Sorry

Best Regards,
Shiv
________
Mercedes-benz 600 (disambiguation) specifications

Last edited by Vishnu; 03-07-2011 at 04:00 AM.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:10 PM

Any news for tuning the STi?

-Snuff
Old 07-23-2003, 02:03 PM

Car Info: Real Slow
Re: Postoned....

Originally posted by Vishnu
Hi guys,

Looks like we'll have to postone the HI tuning trip until later in the summer. Some circumstances are preventing me from leaving work for the week. Plus, with some more planning time, we can get more people involved with the tuning day(s). Sorry

Best Regards,
Shiv
Old 07-23-2003, 10:16 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Re: Postoned....

Originally posted by Vishnu
Hi guys,

Best Regards,
Shiv
Yes! That gives you time to get the XEDE plug & play for the STi done, before you come over! (hopefully)

Let's make this a STICKY and start a "who's going to get tuned by Shiv list OK!!!!!

I'll start,

1) Mach5
Old 07-23-2003, 10:31 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Re: Re: Postoned....

Originally posted by Mach5WRX
1) Mach5
2) Me if I still have the STi, waiting on ordering the go-fast parts til I figure out my latest deal...

My very stupid question of the month (come on I used to ask them hourly, I havent asked these stupid questions in a long long time), but can the XEDE do any boost control? I heard about some of the other engine management modules that can. Just curious. Not digging the SBC so am going to get the Profec if I keep the car.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:23 PM

Put me down as a maybe. If he has a plug in STi solution I'm in. XEDE would be cool if he has the connectors for the STi ECU by then.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:51 PM
Where is my beer?

yes, the XEDE can control boost.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:51 PM
Where is my beer?

do you have the SBC-id now?
Old 07-24-2003, 12:07 AM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Originally posted by Nolimit
do you have the SBC-id now?
Yeah minus the ID, whatever that means. I cant figure it out for **** and been trying to get the peak boost to show up, but havent gotten it yet. I have the alarm set to 1.10 which should be about 16lbs and the other day it was sounding while I was just messing around in 5th gear, not even wot, sorta wondering what that was about... I just want something in "engrish" that I can understand. Im not interested in all the conversions at this time I guess...

Not sure how the profec would work with the XEDE, might be better to just wait and order the xede when its ready. who knows, not me definitely. I just feel that when messing with boost I should have a clue what is happening in the car and all, just feels like Im running about 20lbs since installing the SBC. So much more power even when I set it to the valet (10, whatever that means) mode. I dont feel a difference between any of the settings...

Box says SBC SpecR and instructions are all in Japanese, wourd need someone to transrate for me or find some in engrish.

Probably a cheaper solution that would work for me than the Profec, but reading about it sounds like it can do a ton of nice stuff.

Last edited by DaveWRX; 07-24-2003 at 12:11 AM.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:48 AM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Question

Bump!!!

Yo Shiv,

Are you going to be able to make it out here?

Old 08-23-2003, 06:28 PM

Still wondering about any goodies for the STi.

-Snuff
Old 08-23-2003, 11:34 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by snuffyrsx
Still wondering about any goodies for the STi.
Currently under development...

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 09-13-2003, 02:35 PM

Are you still coming out to visit us?

-Snuff

Quick Reply: Coming to Hawaii again