Comic collectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 09:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Comic collectors

are there any in here? I have some old comics (early 90's) in mint condition and have no idea on how much some of these are worth.
Collection includes:
-Death of Superman
-Rebirth of Superman (still sealed in the bag)
-Funeral for a friend superman series (complete)
-Doom 2099 (1st issue)
-Turok (1st issue)

this just to name a few
Old 04-05-2008, 09:52 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx vf34 281hp/276tq
man i used to collect comics. i had some valuable stuff too like the hardcover death of superman and some really old stuff. then my mom threw them out while i was gone one day and the trashman took em before i knew.... i almost ended her.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:58 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
Originally Posted by austinp02
man i used to collect comics. i had some valuable stuff too like the hardcover death of superman and some really old stuff. then my mom threw them out while i was gone one day and the trashman took em before i knew.... i almost ended her.
I hear ya Mike, while I was away at college, my parents decided to throw away my "kiddie" things. Stacks of comics and magazines...really old stuff, they might have not been mint, but it would sure be worth something today. Alot of them were 12 cent comics, also to the trash were my Japanese toys those vinyl Ultraman, Godzilla, Kikaida, Kamen Rider, Rainbowman and such from the seventies.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
I used to collect alot back in the day.. Always bought my comics at Jellys or at Sav Mor pharmacy in Kalihi.. I had the XMEN comics with the series title with a word then song. Ghost Rider, Spider Man #36x with the hologram cover, and the savage dragon. I know i still have my collections somewhere in the house collecting dust and covered with silver fishes..
Old 04-06-2008, 08:26 PM

Car Info: camber toe
to check for $$$, you could look in the Wizard mags, they got value price to date

WALTER know where to find the hidden stash at Kalihi Hopping Center

still got mine with the clear plastic and with cardboard backing. from marvel to image, valiant, DC. Prize collections are early editions, shinny holograms, and late 80's

loved jim lee art when he draws Phsylocke asian style

i'm jus waiting for the market to go up. I tell my girlfriend it's an investment
Old 04-06-2008, 11:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Originally Posted by pimpsawse
to check for $$$, you could look in the Wizard mags, they got value price to date

WALTER know where to find the hidden stash at Kalihi Hopping Center

still got mine with the clear plastic and with cardboard backing. from marvel to image, valiant, DC. Prize collections are early editions, shinny holograms, and late 80's

loved jim lee art when he draws Phsylocke asian style

i'm jus waiting for the market to go up. I tell my girlfriend it's an investment
Hahaha Patrick, yups you know we... Found that stash when I used to go Kalihi bowl alot!!! I just realized its the XMEN comics Xecutioners SOng edition.. Yup psylocke with big boobies = freakin hottie
Old 04-07-2008, 10:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
I have a collection as well.

Best one I can think of is the X men issue that had the first appearance of the 2nd generation team (Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus, etc.). I'll probably sell it all right before the wife and I buy a house. Right now they are all sealed and boxed...the box is also sealed.

So it's all sealed and sealed again.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:53 PM

Car Info: 2008 Mercedes E350
Originally Posted by dub81
Hahaha Patrick, yups you know we... Found that stash when I used to go Kalihi bowl alot!!! I just realized its the XMEN comics Xecutioners SOng edition.. Yup psylocke with big boobies = freakin hottie
Sick youre checking out comic book characters haha, but yea I used to buy comics from Jellys back in the day, and had a collection of marvel cards too of all the marvel characters, I dont know whatever happened to that