Colt Brennan Autograph Session July 5th

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 01:17 PM

Car Info: 05 LegaSTI
Colt Brennan Autograph Session July 5th

If anyone wants to get Colt's autograph (it's not free) click on the link below & then on the "signature tickets" link towards the top left.

http://www.picturesplus.net/home.asp#
Old 06-28-2008, 01:48 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX wagon
I'd rather have Timmy Chang's =)
Old 06-28-2008, 03:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by pwnx0rz
I'd rather have Timmy Chang's =)

hell yeah its not often someone breaks or holds the college football record for most interceptions
Old 06-28-2008, 06:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
LOL is this guy actually charging for autographs?!

Did he even get drafted?
Old 06-28-2008, 06:58 PM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
Originally Posted by bpang1
LOL is this guy actually charging for autographs?!

Did he even get drafted?
Wow.:twitch:

The owner of Picture's Plus, Kent Untermann is a former UH tight end and a big member of the Na Koa UH Booster club. UH fan or not, Colt Brennan has done for UH and the State of Hawaii more than ANY Hawaii athlete ever done since Duke. The proceeds go to Na Koa and Colt Brennan himself. He was drafted in the 6th round which barely will get him relocated to the Washington D.C. area. Uninsured hip surgery, taxes, and relocation and there goes your signing bonus. You should know about donations. Afterall, you did work at a charity organization right?
Old 06-29-2008, 12:50 AM

Car Info: 96 Subaru SVX LSi
People actually get paid to write their name on a piece of paper? Thats cool, where do I sign up? lol
Old 06-29-2008, 02:00 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BoOm
Wow.:twitch:

The owner of Picture's Plus, Kent Untermann is a former UH tight end and a big member of the Na Koa UH Booster club. UH fan or not, Colt Brennan has done for UH and the State of Hawaii more than ANY Hawaii athlete ever done since Duke. The proceeds go to Na Koa and Colt Brennan himself. He was drafted in the 6th round which barely will get him relocated to the Washington D.C. area. Uninsured hip surgery, taxes, and relocation and there goes your signing bonus. You should know about donations. Afterall, you did work at a charity organization right?
^^^I like how you phrase those last couple sentences as though you know something and I am dumb...way to be

Yes, I do know about donations...and apparently you do not. I'm pretty sure Colt's not a 501c3 non profit. He's still a "for-profit" if everything is as I am reading it. Also, I wouldn't put his contribution to the state as high as you are trying to...sure the team was able to get more tickets sold and get some games on ESPN but I would say that the state's benefit from them having a great season is not as much as you'd think. Straight up...he is getting paid to play a sport...he's not running around saving the world.

I love that they did well...hell I rooted for them last year but I wouldn't put any athlete on as high a pedestal as you want to.

Oh and your little bit about relocation is a non-issue. It takes $3,000 or less for a single person, just out of college, probably not much stuff to move...to move from HI to the east coast. All of that he will make up for in tax refunds. Either way, he is still better off than 70% of people. I know this because the wifey and I just moved and if he is a typical college student he had much less stuff to move and buy then we did.

Yes, his business expenses (hip surgery, recovery, etc.) are a tough thing for him but, this is no different from someone having to pay for school or for a car to go to work. It is his expense that he needed to pay to continue to make money off his product (playing football).

Sorry for such a long post...you're just not presenting this thing correctly.

Cliff's Notes: The portion of money you are paying for his autograph is NOT A DONATION...you are just paying him for his autograph. Yes, the portion going to Na Koa is a donation. Did he really make that much of an impact on the state of things in Hawaii? Probably not.

Last edited by bpang1; 06-29-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:31 PM
VIP Member

Oh and BTW I believe he is still making a pretty good wage:

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/f...th&player=4622
http://content.usatoday.com/sports/f...en&player=4640

The only salaries I could find are from last year:

Troy Smith - end of 5th Round - $390,000 Total Salary
Tyler Thigpen - 7th Round - $285,000 Total Salary

So Colt should've gotten at least $60-$65K signing bonus and probably a base salary of $240,000. After taxes and his agent he will most likely take home about $180,000 to $200,000 into his bank account.

Yes, it will be hard for him to make it after most likely having to go on IR this year but he should at least make enough money to more than survive this year. Either way, he will still be better off than almost every graduate this year other than those that have money or are in his situation.

So don't get it confused, you are paying for a signature and a little bit to the booster club...you ARE NOT making a donation for the strengthening of the community. You're buying his signed picture because you want to put it on the wall, cuddle it, etc...you're not buying it because he changed the world or whatever BoOm wants you to think.

Last edited by bpang1; 06-29-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:12 PM

Car Info: 2007 wrx
just be happy for what the guy did for Hawaii
Old 06-29-2008, 08:40 PM

Car Info: 05 LegaSTI
Whoa, this took a turn that I didn't see coming.

I think if this were pre-Sugar Bowl, the event would have been sold out & there would have been one huge mess on signing day. But because of the massacre & the events that led up to his slide down the draft board, I'm wondering if they'll even come close to selling out.

I for one am going to get autographs for my friends who are die hard UH fans & would probably treasure this like it were gold. I'm only keeping one for my family (hopefully he'll personalize it... which is something Hall of Famers charge extra for) & the rest I'm giving away as gifts.

I agree, most of this money is going directly into his pockets but it's just something for us to remember that special season by.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:34 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by 4080wrx
hell yeah its not often someone breaks or holds the college football record for most interceptions
then again its not often when someone breaks or holds the college football record for most total offensive yards (16,910) and most career passing yards (17,072)

but yeah, colt brennan was definitely better, except it was chang that opened my eyes to UH football.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:20 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by substitude
Whoa, this took a turn that I didn't see coming.

I think if this were pre-Sugar Bowl, the event would have been sold out & there would have been one huge mess on signing day. But because of the massacre & the events that led up to his slide down the draft board, I'm wondering if they'll even come close to selling out.

I for one am going to get autographs for my friends who are die hard UH fans & would probably treasure this like it were gold. I'm only keeping one for my family (hopefully he'll personalize it... which is something Hall of Famers charge extra for) & the rest I'm giving away as gifts.

I agree, most of this money is going directly into his pockets but it's just something for us to remember that special season by.
Well you took the correct approach...all this thing is, is a chance for people to grab autographs because they like him as a player. Then I wrote that I thought he wasn't that good. Then Boom wrote that he thought this dude was the best thing to happen to HI and made like it is a donation because Brennan is poor. Then I proved that if anything at least he is better off than most of us and that this is definitely not a donation other than what Colt is basically giving to Na Koa from the proceeds.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:22 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by pwnx0rz
then again its not often when someone breaks or holds the college football record for most total offensive yards (16,910) and most career passing yards (17,072)

but yeah, colt brennan was definitely better, except it was chang that opened my eyes to UH football.
To be honest, I like Brennan a lot more than Chang...I always thought Chang got injured too much and didn't play through it. Plus, Brennan didn't have Lelie.

But anyways, both of them would still be hard pressed to be 1st string on any of the higher level teams.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:23 PM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
Now you're putting words in my mouth. That just makes you look bad.

I said he's the best athlete to representing the state of Hawaii since Duke. Never did I say he was the best thing ever. There are big differences between that, I'm sure you're competent enough to figure it out.

The things Colt did for UH and the State of Hawaii was very dramatic. They made the legislature look into UH funding both athletically and academically. Cooke field renovations are underway at the moment. If it was not for Colt's actions on and off the field during his stay with UH, it would never happen.

Two relocations, hip surgery(he had no insurance that covered it), rehabilitation, and money going into training prior to the draft is a heavy financial burden, especially one that a $50,000 "signing bonus" can't guarantee. He can be cut from the team at anytime and from there he will be making nothing. I'm sure your $3,000 relocation covered all of that.

I'm not even an UH fan. I'm an USC alumni, but I do appreciate what he has done for the state.