Cobb Stage 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 10:12 PM

Car Info: DGM 2011 WRX Hatch
I got an Accessport for my STi with PDE downpipe and JIC cat-back. It works perfectly. There is no tuning involved cuz you're reflashing your ecu with pre-approved maps from Cobb. I think you should stick to the basic products they approve for the Stage (a helix downpipe will work as well as their Cobb) However, I don't think you can put an intake on any of their stages as they don't approve of one. Oh btw, you should go down to Vakamon Motorsports and talk to Ryan about it.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:14 PM

Car Info: '13 WRX Hatch OBP
might be cheaper to piece it together yourself. Ive not heard too much about the cobb turbo back, other than it is expensive.

The accessport kicks a$$ though. I have it and am a big fan. You notice a big difference, daily driving isn't bad at all either. I would strongly urge you to get the AP, but the exhaust I would find a turbo back you really like the sound of, or buy a downpipe and a catback you really like the sound of. That way you know what you are getting. If you like the sound of the cobb than even better. Like eveyone else is gonna say, check out the search, come to some meets, listen to peoples exhaust. If your lucky someone will let you drive their car to feel the difference with the AP.

Hope that helps.
Dan
Old 04-29-2005, 11:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
^^^Yeah all you need is any turboback exhaust (any DP and any Exhaust...get rid of all the cats).

I drove Hoppie's car and might I say "Daddy Likey"
Old 04-30-2005, 03:24 AM

Car Info: '13 WRX Hatch OBP
yes, yes, yes youre welcome.

The accessport changes your map, you can run a stage 1 or 2 along or a whole bunch of different maps that you can download on the cobbtuning site. The only thing required to run stage two is to remove the cat right after the turbo. It is good to remove the midpipe cat too but not completely necessary. But very strongly recomended. The uppipe is another added bonus.

So yes you can run whatever up/down and catback that you like. So have fun and be safe.