Clearwire High Speed Internet

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:36 AM

Car Info: JB WRX, AW STi, JB STi - 04's-
yeah... just like rr. but when your talking about the most common packages ^^
Old 11-14-2007, 08:43 AM

Car Info: 08 Nissan Titan, 12 MazdaSpeed 3, 15 Honda CRV
ouch,....um yeah,...we used it at work, got it for 2 other people in the company and sorry to say, but connectivity is not too good,...Even in areas with a tower, and its still not reliable compared to RR as we could never could get a strong reliable constant signal.

The feature of being able to plug into any wall socket, or your own cigarette lighter in your car to get web access is a great feature, but until reception gets better I'd have to say "thumbs down" on this Clearwire for now,....Reception is like a bad cell phone provider and RR is like Verizon, I got a signal everytime,.....

Originally Posted by 4080wrx
I subscribed to clearwire last year in November the moment I set it up I would barely get a signal as matter of fact i never even got online. according to the website my home was in the coverage zone (mililani). Now for the funny part, the tech came to my house to attempt to get a signal and he could barely get two bars. to top it off he said the nearest relay tower was on top of mililani high. well guess what mililani high is barely a 1/4 mile away from my house. well the only thing he and I could come up with was that the signal was some how shooting over my house. luckily for me they gave me a full refund on the modem that i had purchased and cancelled my 1 year contract.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:47 PM

Car Info: 06 STi
As an account exec...I guess you now have some feedback on what you and your company must do to gain the trust of customers.... competition is healthy thing as it gives us consumers the best bang for our buck...without it...we would always be getting ripped off....
Old 11-14-2007, 08:33 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
Originally Posted by houdni
As an account exec...I guess you now have some feedback on what you and your company must do to gain the trust of customers.... competition is healthy thing as it gives us consumers the best bang for our buck...without it...we would always be getting ripped off....
Feedback is always welcomed, It helps a company become better....But the problum that most people have with clearwire, is it coverage area or lack of signal. We get monthly reviews for the Clearwire market in Oahu, and for every 30 contracts 1 become pullback. We do are best with the system we use, And it's getting better and better every month. Since Clearwire's launch little over 1 year ago, here in Oahu. We have over 10,000 customers so our coverage area is getting better connection, it has already expanded 4 times its size!!!!. Our cutomer service is at the top of its game, and the mobility and userfriend set up make it perfect for anyone. With it being portable, and wireless there must be a give and take.That take is being slower, not by much. I can stream videos, play games, no prob. It's still 25X faster than dial up and for wireless internet service we are the fastest. Hands down. But Like mention above, As an employee of clearwire,I stand by it 100% I'm not saying that cuz they sign my checks, but after working for them, I really like the speed and overall service. As for the price it's really good...And with our specials (First months free, next two months are $14.99, we give you a $75.00 visa webcertificate, then the regular rates start at only $29.99) What more could you ask? And there's no tech guy to waste your time installing stuff you need by drilling a new line in your wall..on HIS time frame, not yours.

But I do thank everyone for there input. This thead, I've already shown it to my main boss today, and he thanks your input as well.

Now, I'm just doing this for i-club members I know....not everyone, but If you would like to barrow a demo. Let me know...I can only let a demo out for 2 days.So that way you can judge clearwire for yourself, and hopefully win some support with you fellas....BTW, does anyone have a TBE they want to sell??? need one

Last edited by Haole-Pino; 11-14-2007 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:57 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
do you have expresscard 34 card that i can demo? Who makes the card? Mac compatible drivers available? i currently have sprint mobile broad band and cannot complain about it with the exception of my card going bad on me.

I also agree that clear wire is no where near where it needs to be in pricing, speed to compete with DSL/Cable speeds that at the 10+MB range now.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:35 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
Originally Posted by iNfEk
do you have expresscard 34 card that i can demo? Who makes the card? Mac compatible drivers available? i currently have sprint mobile broad band and cannot complain about it with the exception of my card going bad on me.

I also agree that clear wire is no where near where it needs to be in pricing, speed to compete with DSL/Cable speeds that at the 10+MB range now.
Sent PM
Old 11-14-2007, 10:22 PM

Car Info: Renault Clio RS R27
Hi,

I have a 512Kb DSL connection with limited 15Gb download/upload and I pay monthly $130... you think you can do better than this?

By the way you will need to install a very long line to my home...

Damn I miss US connection

Old 11-19-2007, 09:35 PM

Car Info: 06 STi
just curious...what kind of rates are we looking at...
i might be interested...considering our shop wants to limit our internet connectivity.... getting my workstation for my tool box soon...danny
just pm. if you dont want to disclose prices....