Clearwire High Speed Internet

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 02:23 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
Clearwire High Speed Internet

Hey Fellas,
I thought I would post up here, since most of you know me. I'm currently working as a Retail Account Executive for Clearwire @ Ala Moana Center. If your looking for simple, high speed internet service, for a low price. Hit me up. FYI There's a great promotion his month. Just post on this tread, PM me, or call me up.....

Mahaloz,
--Dave--
Old 11-06-2007, 04:35 PM

Car Info: 2004 STI
Dave,

Interested, I currently have DSL. Pm'd you
Old 11-06-2007, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by ojichan sti
Dave,

Interested, I currently have DSL. Pm'd you
Got it
Old 11-06-2007, 05:45 PM

Oh ya, I forgot to mention....If you DO deside to sign up through me, there's free gifts OoOoOoOoooooo

-$75.00 Visa Webcertificate (Used anywhere Visa is accepted online)
-CD Case or Hat

Come on people.....Consider this the "Help Dave to buy that Turbo Back Exhaust" fund lol j/k
Old 11-06-2007, 06:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Dang Dave, I just switched to road runner turbo!! Whats the download/upload rates??
Old 11-06-2007, 06:51 PM

Car Info: 06 STi
just curious how fast is the connection speed?
Old 11-12-2007, 04:12 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Originally Posted by houdni
just curious how fast is the connection speed?
at kahala longs they have a test display to show those #'s
Old 11-12-2007, 10:54 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
RR and DSL are the fastest. Clearwire is good only for internet browsing and check email. Don't count on it to download any Torrents or else.

However, Clearwire is "mobile."
Old 11-13-2007, 12:24 PM

In the past 5 months we overhauled our system. Clearwire most of the time, tends to run faster than DSL. Because DSL or other land based services like Road Runner uses land lines, the service slows down ALOT due to a high number of people going online at once. The "pipe" can only handle so much before it starts backing up.Also, DSL/RR and easly be hacked and personal info can be leaked if someone with the right skills comes along. And because land base system rely on local power sources to keep there servers up and running, If there was a power outage your out of luck. During the earthquake here in hawaii Clearwire was the only internet service up and running. If you had PC card or had power at your house, you could go online with clearwire. We even gave out modems to hospitals and the airport to help. DSL/RR network is not as reliable as clearwire.

Clearwire connection is very secure. That’s because Clearwire wireless technology uses OFDM transmission protocol, featuring a design standard that includes secure wireless data transmission. Wi-Fi operates on unlicensed 2.4GHz frequencies, making it vulnerable to scanning and packet interception. Clearwire operates at licensed 2.5GHz frequencies. Licensed frequencies and OFDM make for a very secure connection.

There’s no software to download and no technician to wait for. Just plug and play. When I first started working here, I thought it would be hard to start. But I was wrong. Just plug in your PC Card to your laptop (or plug the clearwire modem into the ethernet port) Click netscape / Explorer / Firefox and your online....Thats it. With Clearwire, you can connect to the Internet in more than one location. Just plug in and jump online anywhere within the Clearwire service area. You may also extend your Clearwire service to multiple users throughout the house. The Clearwire modem works with standard router and wireless access point equipment to create a local area network.

Clearwire is fast on uploads and downloads....I use it to watch movies when it's slow at work, and to play WOW, counterstrike, and I plug it into the XBOX to play HALO 3

Anyways, JUST TRY IT....Oh ya, I have special advance screening tickets to see Walt Disney Enchanted, If you want, come to my work place today, the screening is tomorrow!!! I'm at ala moana shopping center all day
( 808 ) 216-0251 Don't worry I won't try to sell to you, but if you want to talk about this service, I'll more than be happy to...

--Dave--

Last edited by Haole-Pino; 11-13-2007 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:20 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Nice write up man, thanks for letting us know about the Pros and Cons.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:56 AM

Car Info: 5.4RS
dont forget if someone wants to try it out you can do a 2day demo modem and the first month is free and the next 2 are 14.99
Old 11-14-2007, 01:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
I subscribed to clearwire last year in November the moment I set it up I would barely get a signal as matter of fact i never even got online. according to the website my home was in the coverage zone (mililani). Now for the funny part, the tech came to my house to attempt to get a signal and he could barely get two bars. to top it off he said the nearest relay tower was on top of mililani high. well guess what mililani high is barely a 1/4 mile away from my house. well the only thing he and I could come up with was that the signal was some how shooting over my house. luckily for me they gave me a full refund on the modem that i had purchased and cancelled my 1 year contract.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:16 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
Originally Posted by Haole-Pino
In the past 5 months we overhauled our system. Clearwire most of the time, tends to run faster than DSL. Because DSL or other land based services like Road Runner uses land lines, the service slows down ALOT due to a high number of people going online at once. The "pipe" can only handle so much before it starts backing up.Also, DSL/RR and easly be hacked and personal info can be leaked if someone with the right skills comes along. And because land base system rely on local power sources to keep there servers up and running, If there was a power outage your out of luck. During the earthquake here in hawaii Clearwire was the only internet service up and running. If you had PC card or had power at your house, you could go online with clearwire. We even gave out modems to hospitals and the airport to help. DSL/RR network is not as reliable as clearwire.

--Dave--
while i'm sure CW works good i think that saying it tends to run faster than DSL or cable is a bit of a stretch. granted cable does run off a single main pipe and can slow down, DSL does not and is not affected by how many ppl in your area use it. in fact with DSL and cable offering servc above 10MB i think that they are clearly more capable options for speed. however for the price and mobility CW is not a bad option. GL dave!
Old 11-14-2007, 02:35 AM

Car Info: JB WRX, AW STi, JB STi - 04's-
+1 for what justin said.

DSL and CW probably have near the same speed as each other. DSL down loads @ 2700 kb/s & uploads at 700kb/s while, RR downloads @ 4500-5000 kb/s and uploads @ 1000+ kb/s depending on where you live.

btw off the subject my cars forsale :] haha, GL Dave
Old 11-14-2007, 04:08 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
Originally Posted by jamestaWRX
+1 for what justin said.

DSL and CW probably have near the same speed as each other. DSL down loads @ 2700 kb/s & uploads at 700kb/s while, RR downloads @ 4500-5000 kb/s and uploads @ 1000+ kb/s depending on where you live.

btw off the subject my cars forsale :] haha, GL Dave
actually DSL speed can vary based on what speed you are provisioned for. DSL can have a DL speed of up to 11MB.

Quick Reply: Clearwire High Speed Internet