Cleared STi Headlights...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 12:54 AM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Re: Maybe..

Originally posted by silver satin
Looks good Dave thanks for the link found the info were you talking about painting the background of the lights black I think that would look good...But they look cool..
Yeah I like the clear look, but on a black sti it would definitely look better to paint. I think unpainted would be better with silver as well since the silver would flow nicely.
Old 09-18-2003, 02:09 AM

Originally posted by bao ling
If anything goes wrong(hopefully never, as you have done a very good job from the pictures) just put the old ones back in before warrrant service. So keep the old lenses.
Yeah I have the amber still and will keep it just in case.
Old 09-18-2003, 01:06 PM

Originally posted by bao ling
Just play dumb, it worked for me in the past. What do you mean...changed the headlights? Hum....(scratching head while saying).
I guess since the rear lights are clear with amber bulbs it ought to be legal for the front to be clear with amber bulbs, but yeah playing dumb has worked for me in the past.
Old 09-18-2003, 02:29 PM

Originally posted by kscsentragtr
hey daveWRX, do you think you can help me with my 04' headlights.... i personally think that is fricken nice and that you did a good job on the headlights.... i was gonna do it myself but i know that if i did then i would just screw up...
Sure can. I would be a bit more iffy about it if you had HIDs as after doing mine Im scared to do those again, but I can definitely help with yours. We can do it at your place or mine, whatever works for you. My schedule is very open, aside from when I am taking care of the kid so the wife can study. Lets figure out a time.
Old 09-18-2003, 04:11 PM

alright thanks.... it doesnt matter where... but i do live in kaneohe so if we do it at my place it might be quite a drive for you... but i really dont care where we do it... oh and do i need to buy anything to do this mod??? hmmm what else. how about on saturday maybe around noon time???
Sounds good. Probably my place would be better since I will need to sorta keep and eye on the kid and all. My wife needs to study as much as possible. I would buy some windshield sealer at an auto parts store. I think the 1/4" stuff should work. I didnt use it. Probably stupid of me, but oh well. I think there was enough sealant left to reseal just fine, but to be sure buy some of that. The exact stuff is listed in the scoobymods.com site. Cant remember exactly. I will PM you my info.
Old 09-19-2003, 02:26 PM

ok... how much does that sealent thing cost??? ill pay you back for it....oh and since we are workin on my car, do you think you can also help me take off the silencer on the car??? i dunno if thats too much work but if it is then ill just wait for another install day....... oh and thanks again
Hmm I can try and help with the silencer. I didnt really do it myself, but I watched Gilbert do it so Im sure we can handle it.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:10 PM

Car Info: Vakamon WRX
Thumbs up

Looks very clean!
Old 09-19-2003, 04:12 PM

Originally posted by Chibby Goku
Looks very clean!
Thanks, am very happy. Cept for sorta messing up the second one, but oh well. Just praying it sealed up correctly. Ugh.
Old 09-19-2003, 06:19 PM

Car Info: 04 Java Black Sedan
I have a black 04 and am going to be clearing the headlights out tomorrow. I am thinking about painting the inside pieces that surrounds the actual reflecting surface black. I'll post some pics if I end up painting.

Quick Reply: Cleared STi Headlights...