Cleared STi Headlights...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 11:53 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Cleared STi Headlights...

Well, finally got up the nerve to do this and it really isnt such a big deal. 200 degrees doesnt even melt wiring or tape or anything, but the sealant is a serious mess. I did ok on the first light, but got that damn sealant all over on the second one. I basically followed the scoobymods.com instructions for the MY04, but left them in the oven 20 minutes at 200 degrees so it was easier to pull apart. Took about an hour per light and I like the look. Going to put in amber bulbs tho since I dont wanna get tagged and go to recon with the dark tint and exhaust.

Some pics, nothing new, but something to look at until Richard gets off his a$$ and posts some more ****... <hint, hint>

Before:

Cleared/Stock:

After:

Not for everyone, but I think its cleaner and all. Just needed something to do as well, install day got my interested in my car again. Well the new exhaust really got me interested, now it sounds as it should.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:53 AM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
dig it.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:29 AM

Car Info: Justy
Looks good Dave!
Old 09-17-2003, 02:31 AM

Car Info: MY02 GD WAGON, MY87 AW11
Cherry.

-scu
Old 09-17-2003, 07:40 AM

Dave,
Looks good, but you need to come out Sunday so we can see it in person. And while you are there you may as well run your car!
Old 09-17-2003, 10:09 AM

Car Info: 2004 Blue STi
Dave

Looks great. You explained it well and I think it is worth the time and effort. I may try that but I'm afraid I will screw something up. I will take a look at the website you go the info from. I may try it this weekend. Later.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:37 AM

Originally posted by mehlt
Dave,
Looks good, but you need to come out Sunday so we can see it in person. And while you are there you may as well run your car!
Believe me Im trying to get out there. Hard to get away for a whole day with the wife studying and the kid. Going to see if the Nanny can come out for the day. Hope to see you guys there.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:11 PM

Car Info: G35 Coupe (FOR SALE)
Good job Dave. I had no problems splitting apart my $100 stockers, but I don't think I would've done it with HID's. I hope you added some extra silicone to seal those suckers.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:22 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Looks good to me! I heard a little birdie tell me that safety check inspectors have been warned about cars not having the proper amber lenses however...

I bet you can "bling bling" them with your stereo so they don't even notice the light mod though.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:40 PM

Originally posted by palaban
Good job Dave. I had no problems splitting apart my $100 stockers, but I don't think I would've done it with HID's. I hope you added some extra silicone to seal those suckers.
Yeah still nervous about how it sealed back up. Only time will tell... <crossing fingers>
Old 09-17-2003, 02:41 PM

Originally posted by IS2Scooby
Looks good to me! I heard a little birdie tell me that safety check inspectors have been warned about cars not having the proper amber lenses however...

I bet you can "bling bling" them with your stereo so they don't even notice the light mod though.
Yeah, going to get amber bulbs atleast so they wont have an instant reason to pull me over... once again just crossing my fingers...
Old 09-17-2003, 08:06 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
night-time pics?
Old 09-17-2003, 10:16 PM

Originally posted by bao ling
As long as you have the amber bulb I think you're alright. I think you did a good job and it looks good. I like the amber myself.

I'm scared to do that mod. If something went wrong subaru might use it as an excuse to not honor the warrant. I saw the oem hid lights on ebay for like 2K and I couldn't believe it.
Thanks. I just tried to NOT think about what I was doing and just do it. Figured why not, but yeah the $2k cost scared me bad...
Old 09-17-2003, 10:56 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Maybe..

Looks good Dave thanks for the link found the info were you talking about painting the background of the lights black I think that would look good...But they look cool..

Quick Reply: Cleared STi Headlights...