check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 05:42 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
Originally Posted by Kwilson21
Take it to a dealer and have them run the code.... cost u nothing. they will probably even blank it out for you.

It there anything else in combination with this that you previously had installed like a CAI or somthing?

-K
idk man they told me at kaneohe subaru it was like $70 to check the cel which i thought was bogus but idk. turbo timer and boost controller thats about it. i dought it's from the short throw. i met with jon and he looked it over but couldn't find anything out of place. i'm going to remover the glove box and check to see that everything is sill hooked up right and no kinks. hope i can figure this out soon. i had planned to install a CAI and hyper ground today but i wanna get this figured out first. if anyone wants to take a look and see if they can figure out whats wrong just give me a call. 833-6576. L8R
Old 08-08-2004, 06:07 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Wagon JAVA BLACK PEARL
hey if you guys are gonna get together tonight to check stuff out id like to come too. if somebody could check out my dp install job that would be great. i got that cel light again and it still sounds like i have a leak but i dunno. l8
Old 08-09-2004, 04:10 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
i installed my hyper ground system today and so my ecu got flashed. no cel yet so i just hope that it doesn't start up again. as for the boost prob i changed the controler back to automatic mode and am now able to get good boost at will. hit 15.1 toady and consistant 14 so i don't think there is a leak. i think maybe it was just set wrong. anyone running stock turbo and a blitz sbc-id? if so what set and gain do you use and what are you peaking at? lmk so i can try it out. as for the hyper ground i definately noticed a difference. smoother idle and acceleration (sp?). still waiting to see if i get an increase in gas mileage. hopeing to do the intake install tomorow and then i'll be done for a while. sakebomb maybe we could have someone check our exausts out on thurs. L8R