Cell Phone gurus, I need your opinions

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 05:56 PM

Car Info: Black 08 WRX
Originally Posted by HxllxMan
LoL, .

But I have to agree, so far apple is the best touch screen you can find on the market.
I know how buggy the touchscreen can be on the Android phones, but the one on my Incredible is just as good, if not better, then my wife's iPhone.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:02 AM

Car Info: 05 LegaSTI
Originally Posted by Rexx Marine
My HTC Incredible rocks. In fact I'm making this post with it! Get one. Then upgrade to the bigger battery. The one that comes with it, although bigger then the iPhone battery, only lasts about 8 hours under heavy use because its so much more powerful then the iPhone.
I just ordered my Incredible today... gonna take several weeks it sounds like.

Did you get the 2150 mAh extended battery? I couldn't order it at the verizon store & can't find anywhere online to purchase it.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:57 AM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
So far the "iPhone 4"(YES NOT 4G, so stop calling it), meeting expectations of front facing camera with flash, extremely high pixel-count screen, same processor as the iPad, etc. 6-gyro will help with the reality-location apps and games.

As a camera guy, I'm quite excited about the new camera. They are taking my philosophy of who cares about high megapixels when quality sucks anyway taken by other phone manufacturers and concentrate on low light photography.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:50 AM

Car Info: WRX 003
HTC HERO

it ****s on the iphone
Old 06-07-2010, 12:09 PM

Car Info: EQ tuned bugeye
Thumbs up

htc evo 4g baby ftmfw!!!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 02:08 PM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
Buy this.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:06 PM

For Brandon:

Now that it has been announced, your choice will be between the features on the iPhone 4 and the choice of carriers on the Android platforms.

Does your workplace or places you go to often have wifi? If so, the Facetime feature will be great if your wife also upgrades to the new phone. Especially if you are on the go often, you can keep in touch with your baby and family!

Do you have a HD video camera? If not, then a good replacement is the iPhone 4's HD video recording capability.

Are you tough on your phone? The Incredible may be just as fragile as the 3G/3GS but judging from the build quality and preliminary reports, the new iPhone 4 will be very robust. The screen will be very tough, as they compared it to real sapphire(used in high end watches).

You see what I'm pushing you towards?
Old 06-07-2010, 03:26 PM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by BoOm
For Brandon:

Now that it has been announced, your choice will be between the features on the iPhone 4 and the choice of carriers on the Android platforms.

Does your workplace or places you go to often have wifi? If so, the Facetime feature will be great if your wife also upgrades to the new phone. Especially if you are on the go often, you can keep in touch with your baby and family!

Do you have a HD video camera? If not, then a good replacement is the iPhone 4's HD video recording capability.

Are you tough on your phone? The Incredible may be just as fragile as the 3G/3GS but judging from the build quality and preliminary reports, the new iPhone 4 will be very robust. The screen will be very tough, as they compared it to real sapphire(used in high end watches).

You see what I'm pushing you towards?
Haha, yeah I see, but thanks for the input. I agree, the new features sound pretty cool and yup Leila already said she wants to get one. I'm a little on the fence regarding the AT&T exclusivity though. I think if they did a Verizon release the choice would be pretty much easier.
As for the Factime feature, that's pretty awesome. We're never really ever apart, but I can see it as a cool thing to really capture moments "live".
HD Video recorder....check.
I do like the sound of the new and improved screen and resolution. I think because I'm not so out of touch with all these smartphones, any and all of these features blow me away. I think already that the 3gs has nice clarity and for it to get even better sounds great.

It may end up coming down to what my dad wants to do. To be honest I think I'd be happy with either the Incredible or the Iphone 4. If he prefers Verizon for some of the features, so be it. I'm still trying to think of a way to justify the shop buying an Ipad. Can anybody give me a few good reasons to tell my Dad we need one??? Hahaha...
Old 06-07-2010, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bran808
Haha, yeah I see, but thanks for the input. I agree, the new features sound pretty cool and yup Leila already said she wants to get one. I'm a little on the fence regarding the AT&T exclusivity though. I think if they did a Verizon release the choice would be pretty much easier.
As for the Factime feature, that's pretty awesome. We're never really ever apart, but I can see it as a cool thing to really capture moments "live".
HD Video recorder....check.
I do like the sound of the new and improved screen and resolution. I think because I'm not so out of touch with all these smartphones, any and all of these features blow me away. I think already that the 3gs has nice clarity and for it to get even better sounds great.

It may end up coming down to what my dad wants to do. To be honest I think I'd be happy with either the Incredible or the Iphone 4. If he prefers Verizon for some of the features, so be it. I'm still trying to think of a way to justify the shop buying an Ipad. Can anybody give me a few good reasons to tell my Dad we need one??? Hahaha...
right now the edge is with the iphone. the incredible is nice unit but the features already been dwarfed today. its a shame companies have to follow apple's releases and not try to lead.

your shop doesnt need one but if you folks use a type if spreadsheet to do estimates then itll be good. otherwise wait until ither shops have integrated it into their system.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by substitude
I just ordered my Incredible today... gonna take several weeks it sounds like.

Did you get the 2150 mAh extended battery? I couldn't order it at the verizon store & can't find anywhere online to purchase it.
A coworker of mine has the Seidio Innocell 1750 mAh battery and says he gets about 14 hours of use and its physically the same size as the "stock" battery. They will be coming out with a 3500 mAh battery soon that is 3mm thicker and comes with a new back cover.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:41 PM

Also, droid-life.com had this to say...

"Ever wondered what it would feel like to build up momentum on something for an entire year that was supposed to be monumental only to see your direct competition release something superior the week prior? Just ask Steve Jobs how he feels today. BAM! (Damn it felt good typing that!) (OK, I'll quit and stick to blogging.)

Android Central and their sister site TiPB put together that fancy little chart above which compares the new iPhone 4 to the top Android devices on the market. While it doesn't stand up at all to the EVO (in more ways than one), we still wonder if the iPhone 4 could even hold its own against the Droid Incredible or Nexus One? At first glance, you could give it a slight edge because they both lack front facing cameras, but then you quickly realize it has no expandable storage, no Flash, only a 5MP camera, and a smaller screen. Hmmm. Yikes?

While I usually avoid fueling the hatred between the Apple fanboys and the Fandroids, it's pretty hard not to chuckle a little bit today when you roll with the good guys."
Old 06-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Can't wait for 6/24. I think I'm going to break my personal rule and camp out somewhere to be first in line to get a hands on session with an iPhone 4.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:52 PM

Car Info: 07STI
I love my Evo4g
Old 06-13-2010, 09:24 AM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
So it looks like we're going AT&T.......Iphone 4, here I come. It was a tough choice since I really think the coverage may be a little better with Verizon. But, with the business quotes we were given, we'd save over $1k a year with AT&T. I'm sure I'll be happy once we get the phones.

**Thanks for all your guys input
Old 06-13-2010, 12:59 PM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
Lucky you! Honestly, I dont have much of a problem with AT&T coverage in Hawaii. While I was in vegas however, the reception was pretty bad. Good thing we live in Hawaii.

Quick Reply: Cell Phone gurus, I need your opinions