Cell Phone gurus, I need your opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 01:37 PM

Car Info: 08 Nissan Titan, 12 MazdaSpeed 3, 15 Honda CRV
Iphone and never looked back and ATT reception is pretty good, I had Verizon only due to reliable service, but its expensive phone choices are great. Had the 1st generation Blackberry touchpad (forgot its name) and the bugs were horrible..almost threw it across the room..

IPad is anther option if you have to carry to school and not surfing web all the time on your phone. Get both if you can afford it and use your Iphone for 3G access or to hotspot your Ipad...
Old 05-25-2010, 04:42 PM

Car Info: DoucheMobile
No one, and I mean NO ONE has a better touchscreen than apple. No one. I've tried a whole bunch and they all feel like crap compared with the iphone.

If you want a touchscreen, it's iphone or bust IMO. The performance of the touchscreen alone is why I bought mine.

Originally Posted by HxllxMan
Apple is the easiest one to use, it was made for dummy people ( flamesuit on ).but I hate the iPhone because if you want to have access to your files or whatsoever is in that phone... you will need either iTune or alternative softwares.

Elitist.

Sorry, I had to.

Last edited by touge-n00b; 05-25-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:43 PM

Car Info: EQ tuned bugeye
Originally Posted by houdni
anyone know if itll still be an AT&T exclusive?
i think they lost there contract with att and apple.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:07 PM

Car Info: Mbp 02 wrx vf34/ra gears
From what I've heard AT&T got it for 2 more years?? Didn't they sign a 5yr contract originally???...and yes the 3gs is $97 at wal-mart..
Old 05-26-2010, 12:05 AM

Car Info: Renault Clio RS R27
Originally Posted by touge-n00b
No one, and I mean NO ONE has a better touchscreen than apple. No one. I've tried a whole bunch and they all feel like crap compared with the iphone.

If you want a touchscreen, it's iphone or bust IMO. The performance of the touchscreen alone is why I bought mine.

Elitist.

Sorry, I had to.
LoL, .

But I have to agree, so far apple is the best touch screen you can find on the market.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:10 AM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Isn't the Iphone 4G for Verizon only?

I've been with AT&T for a while now...reception is pretty good... we get the Family plan + unlimited texting + $30/I-phone dataplan...

I'll probably get my wife the Iphone 3gs from Walmart tomorrow if they have any left...
Old 05-26-2010, 01:43 AM

Car Info: Aspen White '04 STi Daily: '13 PMM Civic Si
IMO check how you like the responsiveness of the OS's (i mention this cuz most people focus on features). This is something that is gonna make all the difference when you start using the phone everyday. Personally for me, the slight hangups on touch response on Android makes me write off the whole OS and phone line. I hate to give props for the iPhone, since everyone and their grandmother has one, but I have yet to find a more accurate and responsive OS than the one that runs on the 3GS (the "S" does make a difference)
Old 05-26-2010, 04:06 AM

Car Info: Hi, I'm John.
iPhones are gay. Blackberry is where it's at.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:13 AM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
Are you guys waiting for my opinion?

/Queue Entrance Music

1 - Sprint 4G(wimax, not even real 4G) suck donkey *****. We have 2 4G cards here in the office and my AT&T 3G is actually faster than it. The reason? The coverage of WiMax sites in Hawaii is horrible. It is the same reason your Clear and Road Runner mobile sucks. The frequency is too high to even penetrate buildings.

2 -The iPhone isn't for everybody. If you don't use it to it's fully advantage(apps), then it is a third rate phone. I'm an iPhone user and I am willing to bet I have more Apple **** in my home and office than anyone in I-Club, but I'm willing to face the truth. The Android Incredible is actually pretty f-ing Incredible and stands out as the sole competitor to the iPhone in my opinion. If you don't want to go to AT&T and like Verizon, it IS the phone to get.

3 - AT&T will most likely retain the exclusivity of the iPhone after the iPad deal that Apple got from AT&T. Anything can happen and I don't ever think Verizon will get it since they do diss the iPhone pretty hard in their commercials. If it has to be a CDMA carrier, it would probably be Sprint. Again, this is highly unlikely.

4 - To be really honest, contrary to the "internet", AT&T is pretty awesome in Hawaii.

5 - You think the 3GS is fast? Try the iPad. This is pretty much the same processor the new iPhone HD will use.

6 - Speaking of iPhone HD, please don't call it the iPhone 4G until June 6 when Apple officially places a name on it. It doesn't run on the 4G network. Hell, real 4G won't even come for another 2 1/2 years. Why was the first iPhone called 2G? Yes, because for ****ing Christ sake, it ran on the EDGE 2G network. Follow the convention people. Why was the 3rd generation iPhone called 3GS? Why was the second generation iPhone called 3G? It's a huge pet peeve of mine.

7 - Brandon, I'd like to hear more specifically how you're going to use it. Ie, you say it's for emails, what type of system is the email using? Exchange, Secure Exchange, Lotus, IMAP, POP3? This makes a huge difference as the iPhone cannot do 2 of that above listing.

8 - In the end, if I was to choose iPhone 3GS vs the Verizon Android Incredible. Incredible hands down. iPhone HD vs Incredible? That's a bit harder decision because it's not out yet.

PS. For those who don't know me, yes I'm a f'ing bigot.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:25 AM

Car Info: Renault Clio RS R27
A lot of peoplse do think iPhone is incredible phone when they don't really use it to full potential.

Like BooM mentions, I was surprised ( well not really ) that you can't have access to Gmail account with the iPhone ( wtf! ).
You will be more amazed when you try Android or Windows Mobile and see that Apple try to make as hard as possible for the owner take full control of the phone.

You always need a special apps or special crack or trick to make something work. Out of the box, you can't even xfer files via Bluetooth... what a shame and useless.
If you plan to use basic stuff, iPhone is for you.

Oh and I forgot to mention, you need to try them... and see if it meets your requirements.
As for me, I will not buy an iPhone simply because it is not made for my type of usage. ( I sure do wish someone will come up with the same touchscreen )

Last edited by HxllxMan; 05-26-2010 at 04:34 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:58 AM

Car Info: DoucheMobile
Originally Posted by BoOm

And a huge Elitist as well.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Apple does a great job with groundbreaking concepts. However, they dro pthe ball when it comes to execution. Phones like the HTC (I think it's HTC) Incredible have a much faster operating system, the iPhone lags all the time when going from app to app (especially when you really need it)! I don't know how the battery lives match up between the iPhones and the HTC's though, so that may be something to look forward to.

There is one area I give the iPhone the advantage though, and you may call me weird for this. The HTC's (and the Blackberries) seem to use this "dark" theme throughout the operating system, so everything is black/dark and sinister looking. The iPhone is bright. I don't want to feel like I'm looking into some portal to hell when I'm looking at my phone.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:05 AM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by Island Style
I've been with AT&T for a while now...reception is pretty good... we get the Family plan + unlimited texting + $30/I-phone dataplan...

I'll probably get my wife the Iphone 3gs from Walmart tomorrow if they have any left...
Hey Brent, my friend went yesterday (Mililani) and the person in line right in front of him got the last one. Sold out fast huh?
Originally Posted by BoOm
Are you guys waiting for my opinion?

/Queue Entrance Music

1 - Sprint 4G(wimax, not even real 4G) suck donkey *****. We have 2 4G cards here in the office and my AT&T 3G is actually faster than it. The reason? The coverage of WiMax sites in Hawaii is horrible. It is the same reason your Clear and Road Runner mobile sucks. The frequency is too high to even penetrate buildings.

2 -The iPhone isn't for everybody. If you don't use it to it's fully advantage(apps), then it is a third rate phone. I'm an iPhone user and I am willing to bet I have more Apple **** in my home and office than anyone in I-Club, but I'm willing to face the truth. The Android Incredible is actually pretty f-ing Incredible and stands out as the sole competitor to the iPhone in my opinion. If you don't want to go to AT&T and like Verizon, it IS the phone to get.

3 - AT&T will most likely retain the exclusivity of the iPhone after the iPad deal that Apple got from AT&T. Anything can happen and I don't ever think Verizon will get it since they do diss the iPhone pretty hard in their commercials. If it has to be a CDMA carrier, it would probably be Sprint. Again, this is highly unlikely.

4 - To be really honest, contrary to the "internet", AT&T is pretty awesome in Hawaii.

5 - You think the 3GS is fast? Try the iPad. This is pretty much the same processor the new iPhone HD will use.

6 - Speaking of iPhone HD, please don't call it the iPhone 4G until June 6 when Apple officially places a name on it. It doesn't run on the 4G network. Hell, real 4G won't even come for another 2 1/2 years. Why was the first iPhone called 2G? Yes, because for ****ing Christ sake, it ran on the EDGE 2G network. Follow the convention people. Why was the 3rd generation iPhone called 3GS? Why was the second generation iPhone called 3G? It's a huge pet peeve of mine.

7 - Brandon, I'd like to hear more specifically how you're going to use it. Ie, you say it's for emails, what type of system is the email using? Exchange, Secure Exchange, Lotus, IMAP, POP3? This makes a huge difference as the iPhone cannot do 2 of that above listing.

8 - In the end, if I was to choose iPhone 3GS vs the Verizon Android Incredible. Incredible hands down. iPhone HD vs Incredible? That's a bit harder decision because it's not out yet.

Hey Jon, thanks for all the info..much appreciated. I'm going to give you a call a little later k?
Old 05-26-2010, 01:24 PM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
Holy wall of boom text.

The only people I see hate on iPhones are the ones without them. I've never met a person yet who said. "I hate this phone!!!"
Old 05-26-2010, 01:30 PM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by YuudaiSTI
Holy wall of boom text.

The only people I see hate on iPhones are the ones without them. I've never met a person yet who said. "I hate this phone!!!"
Yeah everybody I know loves the phone too..........but there are a lot of people I've talked to that do not like the service/reception. I read an article today though that mentioned Verizon will be able to het the new I-phone by fall of 2010. Sounds like it might be worth waiting for.

Quick Reply: Cell Phone gurus, I need your opinions