Cell Phone gurus, I need your opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 08:46 PM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Cell Phone gurus, I need your opinions

Ok, so I think I'm going to be getting a new phone within the next few weeks and need some of your opinions. I've never really been into the technical side of cell phones, so a lot of the info out there is like a foreign language. Basically what I'm looking for is something with internet access, email, and good service.

I know a lot of you have I-phones, so what's the real deals? Are you all happy with them? When you look at a 3gs, how does it really perform and is the reception and service worth the $$$?

I've also looked into and started reading about how Sprint is coming out with the HTC Evo 4g. From all the specs and stuff, it looks pretty impressive. Faster, Bigger, better? Lots of cool features, maybe more so than an I-phone. My only reservation is that I've had Sprint a long time ago and I used to drop calls all the time. I hated their service......but granted, that was like over 5-6 years ago.

Any other recommendations out there? Any current sprint users care to chime in on how the service is now? Any info will be much appreciated.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:38 PM

Car Info: 1989 Honda Civic, 11ʻ R1 & 09ʻ GSXR600
iPhone 3Gs is Awesome....But I am going to wait for the 4G.
I hate Sprint!!
Sorry I donʻt want to Vent on Sprint.

Oh Yeah, I hate t-mobile too.
I disconnected service with them over 2 years ago and they are still sending me a monthly bill. WTH!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 09:39 PM

Car Info: Renault Clio RS R27
Basically you are looking at a smartphone if we start talking about 3G, internet, email and yada yada ( normal cellular can do it as well but slow and to small imo )

Before choosing your smartphone, you MUST try different OS available on the market.
The 3 main one are Apple, Windows Mobile and Android.

Apple is the easiest one to use, it was made for dummy people ( flamesuit on ).but I hate the iPhone because if you want to have access to your files or whatsoever is in that phone... you will need either iTune or alternative softwares.

Windows Mobile... well nothing special, think about Windows mini mini mini mini ...
Pretty PITA to use the first time but you can do lot of stuff that an iphone can't do out of the box.

Android, IS A MUST. Fast, Fast, Fast, open mind and easy to use... well it is google after all. If you love google motto, Android is for you.

I currently have an HTC HD with Windows Mobile 6.1 and so far didn't get me any trouble except it is a bit slow compare to Apple and Android with my small 600Mhz CPu...
But I plan to swtich to Android as soon my HTC will die.

After you choose the brand, style, theme, price.... ect..
Old 05-24-2010, 09:41 PM

Car Info: grandmas car
Wait for the new iphone 4g! Nuff said
Old 05-24-2010, 10:11 PM

Car Info: 06 STi
Originally Posted by dysfunctnl doll
Wait for the new iphone 4g! Nuff said
anyone know if itll still be an AT&T exclusive?
Old 05-24-2010, 11:55 PM

So many people I know have the I-phone, so I know I can't really go wrong with it. I probably will only use the internet, email, and maybe a few apps. I probably could get away with something cheaper. But, when I started reading about the new Sprint HTC Evo 4g, it's almost seems too good to be true. I mean, same price as the 3gs................but bigger screen, faster, better camera, better resolution, cool kick stand etc...And it's the same price. Not to mention that the unlimited plan is cheaper than AT&T's.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:21 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
from what i hear, iPhone is coming to Verizon some time next year...
Old 05-25-2010, 12:52 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
HTC Desire for ATT Wireless coming in June. iPhone, eat your heart out.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:29 AM

Car Info: 05 LegaSTI
I'm looking to upgrade my phone too brandon. I love my blackberry, but it has it's limitations of course. So, I'm prolly gonna get the HTC Incredible with Verizon. I've had Sprint before too & had too many dropped calls. I've played with an Incredible already & it's fricken fast. I'm gonna miss my BB keyboard, but the Incredible offers too much for me to not make the change (contract is up in 2 weeks).
Old 05-25-2010, 03:49 AM

Car Info: 2010 2.5i Steel Silver Legacy
please stop calling the 4th iphone 4g. It might make people mistake it as having a fast reliable networking to back it.

I have a myTouch 3g with cyanogen eclair. It's not as fast as the motodroid or nexus but it gets me through the day. I plan on getting the evo 4g in a month because it's got a fast processor and a fast network.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:31 AM

Car Info: Mbp 02 wrx vf34/ra gears
Yup wait for the new iPhone..
Old 05-25-2010, 06:20 AM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
You can wait or...

Starting today, the 16GB Iphone 3gs will cost only $99 at Walmart!

My wife will be picking one up today...
Old 05-25-2010, 08:14 AM

Car Info: 03 wrx [enter name here]
Originally Posted by Island Style

that just means the Iphone 4G is coming..Im waiting
Old 05-25-2010, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by substitude
I'm looking to upgrade my phone too brandon. I love my blackberry, but it has it's limitations of course. So, I'm prolly gonna get the HTC Incredible with Verizon. I've had Sprint before too & had too many dropped calls. I've played with an Incredible already & it's fricken fast. I'm gonna miss my BB keyboard, but the Incredible offers too much for me to not make the change (contract is up in 2 weeks).
Yeah, Walt pm'd me about looking into the Incredible too. Later on today, I'll probably go and start researching this phone too. Leila loves her I-phone, but she did say that her service and dropped calls is much better with her Verizon than the I-phone.
Originally Posted by Nacron
please stop calling the 4th iphone 4g. It might make people mistake it as having a fast reliable networking to back it.

I have a myTouch 3g with cyanogen eclair. It's not as fast as the motodroid or nexus but it gets me through the day. I plan on getting the evo 4g in a month because it's got a fast processor and a fast network.
Yeah, I thought about waiting for the new I-phone, but not sure if it's going to be any better since AT&T will still be the only provider. From what I've been reading, Sprint's service has been getting better, but I'm just curious if anybody has experience with them now?

Originally Posted by Island Style

Haha, I told Leila this last night.............she was unamused.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:31 PM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
I <3 my iPhone.

Quick Reply: Cell Phone gurus, I need your opinions