Casting Call: Import Culture Lifestyle - Looking for a club for a photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 07:44 PM

Car Info: 1993 RX-7/2002 Subaru WRX
Casting Call: Import Culture Lifestyle - Looking for a club for a photoshoot

Hey Import Culture,

I've got someone looking for you and there's a deadline involved. We've got reps looking for clubs and or groups dedicated to the Import Car & Culture scene to be included in the annual Hansghrohe Calendar.

Each year the Hansgrohe calendar has a different theme, this year the theme is “clubs/groups” of people. The Calendar is distributed worldwide, and has become highly sought after by collectors.

Hansgrohe has selected Swiss-based photographer Hanspeter Schneider for completion of the photo shoot. Mr. Scheider’s has published several books, and his work is featured in Vogue, GQ, Elle, Allure and other magazines worldwide. His vision is to shoot the calendar in Hawaii, and FX Group has been selected to produce this project.

We're looking for clubs with skill and style that knows and lives the import culture and would like to participate. If you're in a club, the reps need to scout you and your team by middle of next week for our submission/ clients review. If you have a club shirt and a specific meeting place that would be ideal.

If you're chosen, you'd be involved in a 2-3 hour shoot one day between June 22 - 26, 2010. There would be a generous monetary donation made to the group as well. So if you're interested, and have got the hella flush, drift & import culture knocking down your door, then give me a yell so I can put you and your club in contact with these guys.

If you're not into Import Culture but know someone who might, please pass this on! This could be a great opportunity to get some face time in the spotlight!

Michael J. Kitchens
Volunteer Chairman,
Oahu Motorsports Advisory Council
www.buildthetrack.com
chairman@buildthetrack.com
CP: 808-782-7432
Old 05-21-2010, 08:03 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
I know here on the forums, there are members of Club808, Subylife, Team DownXhift, and others....But how bout we enter this casting call as just "HIIC"? Most of the teams I mention, were branches off of HIIC anyways...Perhaps we can gather together, and pull together some of our best looking subies here on the HIIC forums, and have them represent i-club hawaii chapter. HIIC contributes so much to the local community over the years threw there charity events. There's no other group or club of enthusiast that deserves the chance to be recognized world wide, than the members of these forums. My vote is to put HIIC in on this, and if HIIC is chosen, my suggestion is that the "generous monetary donation" go to a good cause like Aloha United Way. What you fellas think?

Last edited by Haole-Pino; 05-21-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:13 PM

Yepz...get on it guys. I've already got 4 other clubs that have emailed me. It's not a individual thing, it's a group thing, so I think I'll be needing a summary about your group, and a ton of photos of your rides...plus your contact info. Shoot it to my email at chairman@buildthetrack.com and I'll get it to the right people.

I'm not the one making the decisions, just the middle-man...so let me know. I wish my 7 was running right!
Old 05-21-2010, 08:54 PM

Car Info: 04 STI
i got this email too. can we just go down as i-club? hehe idk but i wanna go can i club recruit me!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Originally Posted by Haole-Pino
I know here on the forums, there are members of Club808, Subylife, Team DownXhift, and others....But how bout we enter this casting call as just "HIIC"? Most of the teams I mention, were branches off of HIIC anyways...Perhaps we can gather together, and pull together some of our best looking subies here on the HIIC forums, and have them represent i-club hawaii chapter. HIIC contributes so much to the local community over the years threw there charity events. There's no other group or club of enthusiast that deserves the chance to be recognized world wide, than the members of these forums. My vote is to put HIIC in on this, and if HIIC is chosen, my suggestion is that the "generous monetary donation" go to a good cause like Aloha United Way. What you fellas think?
DAVE, you took the words right out of my Mouth!! LITERALLY!! When do you get back, we need to get our heads together along side Shaggy from club808 and Roy, Brent, Dan from SUBY*LIFE for this event!!
Old 05-21-2010, 10:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Despite the worthlessness of my opinion, I fully concur with and support Dave's suggestion.

The first time I met any of you Hawai'i i-Club guys at the Ward Starbucks meets (!), it was just HIIC and HIIC alone, everybody under one proverbial roof. Over the next few years, it was still just HIIC while I was rolling with the Townies (most of whom unfortunately don't post(*****) here anymore). Fast forward to a few years later when I finally had the opportunity to be a fully participating HIIC member (if even for just a short while), and *boom* there were all these different factions that sprang out of nowhere (at least in my mind) while I was away for a couple years. Boy, it was a confusing first few weeks with my Suby in Hawai'i -- no more Ward meets, a disbanded Townie crew, and... all these subgroups! Thank God for the weekly Friday night meats and good friends both old and new, otherwise I would have felt really awkward at certain times.

Now, if I as an i-Clubber for nearly a decade could have felt awkward, imagine how it is for a n00b (I use the term lovingly here haha). Or even worse, how does it look to other (non-Subaru) enthusiasts? Maybe I'm sticking my nose into business where it doesn't belong, but I'm speaking from the heart here. Let's bring back the good ol' days when we were all one.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:11 PM
VIP Member

^^^ lmfao, ryan gettin all emo. Keep ut baic nose in baic. Jk brother... ur hybrid baic/hiic. I know were your coming from and understand your opinions but i guess peeps just want to branch out. So when u moving back? Lol
Old 05-21-2010, 10:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by dub81
^^^ lmfao, ryan gettin all emo. Keep ut baic nose in baic. Jk brother... ur hybrid baic/hiic. I know were your coming from and understand your opinions but i guess peeps just want to branch out. So when u moving back? Lol
In the famous words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?" You know, maybe back then it was just one group because there weren't enough Subaru's on island to form more than one group
And LOL, I'm just a poi dog i-Clubber I guess
It'll probably be a few more years before I can move back, if everything goes according to plan. But I'll be back, dammit! Even if it takes a while!

And someday, I will let the inner moke shine through and I'll probably look like this:
Old 05-21-2010, 10:49 PM
VIP Member

^^^supa moke!!
Old 05-22-2010, 01:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI
Originally Posted by ArchangelX
Hey Import Culture,

I've got someone looking for you and there's a deadline involved. We've got reps looking for clubs and or groups dedicated to the Import Car & Culture scene to be included in the annual Hansghrohe Calendar.

Each year the Hansgrohe calendar has a different theme, this year the theme is “clubs/groups” of people. The Calendar is distributed worldwide, and has become highly sought after by collectors.

Hansgrohe has selected Swiss-based photographer Hanspeter Schneider for completion of the photo shoot. Mr. Scheider’s has published several books, and his work is featured in Vogue, GQ, Elle, Allure and other magazines worldwide. His vision is to shoot the calendar in Hawaii, and FX Group has been selected to produce this project.

We're looking for clubs with skill and style that knows and lives the import culture and would like to participate. If you're in a club, the reps need to scout you and your team by middle of next week for our submission/ clients review. If you have a club shirt and a specific meeting place that would be ideal.
If you're chosen, you'd be involved in a 2-3 hour shoot one day between June 22 - 26, 2010. There would be a generous monetary donation made to the group as well. So if you're interested, and have got the hella flush, drift & import culture knocking down your door, then give me a yell so I can put you and your club in contact with these guys.

If you're not into Import Culture but know someone who might, please pass this on! This could be a great opportunity to get some face time in the spotlight!

Michael J. Kitchens
Volunteer Chairman,
Oahu Motorsports Advisory Council
www.buildthetrack.com
chairman@buildthetrack.com
CP: 808-782-7432
wow, thanks for sharing this! couple of questions though: What are some specific things that you guys are looking for? What are the criteria of choosing a specific group?
do we need to submit any documentation, websites, threads, publications or forums for our community/charity events? just curious.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:25 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
Originally Posted by dub81
DAVE, you took the words right out of my Mouth!! LITERALLY!! When do you get back, we need to get our heads together along side Shaggy from club808 and Roy, Brent, Dan from SUBY*LIFE for this event!!
I'm flying back to Hawaii on Tuesday. I got the next 4 days off after that...Perhaps we can get together in that time frame, and figure out how this is all gonna go down...
Old 05-26-2010, 02:58 AM
VIP Member

I'm flying back to Hawaii on Tuesday. I got the next 4 days off after that...Perhaps we can get together in that time frame, and figure out how this is all gonna go down...
LOL, my bad dave! I dont frequent here that often now but Ill give you,Brent, and Shaggy a call tomorrow.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:30 AM

Hey guys...sorry, but I already submitted what I had of you guys. The deadline was today, Wed. (see the first post). If they choose you guys then they'll let me know. Mahalo though! And for some reason I never got an email notification that there were some new posts on the 22nd...so sorry for missing your questions.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:37 PM

Car Info: 2004 STI Wagon
Originally Posted by ArchangelX
Hey guys...sorry, but I already submitted what I had of you guys. The deadline was today, Wed. (see the first post). If they choose you guys then they'll let me know. Mahalo though! And for some reason I never got an email notification that there were some new posts on the 22nd...so sorry for missing your questions.

...fail