Car Wash Options in Town

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 03:10 PM

Car Info: DoucheMobile
Car Wash Options in Town

Alrighty, I've recently moved into an aprartment building, so Im unable to wash my car properly. I know a lot of you have lived in apartments in the past, so I ask, what'd you do to wash your car?

I've been told waterless car washes are no nos. Any other options to DIY without access to a hose? Or am I better off taking it to Mckinely car wash or something.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:15 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
I've been in the same situation for years now, and I recommend doing what I do, and look for a quality, reputable detail shop that will also offer a regular exterior washing service for a nominal fee. For example, I found the best detailing shop local to me, and they will do regular exterior washes for $25 using the same top notch soaps they would use for full details.

P.S. I do this because I simply do not want to go somewhere, save a few bucks, and have soap/products used that strip the wax off far too quickly, and employees who use towels, etc that will swirl/scratch my cc. I'm **** about my paint hehe.

Last edited by vodka; 08-26-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:35 PM

Car Info: 14 m235i
if the time works for me I have a wash-station in my apartment. Costs $2 in quarters for 7 minutes of spray water (usually strong but recently much more gentle). So I normally spend the first $2 just spraying the car, wash with a bucket and wash mitt, and another $2 to spray it off again. 2 quarters for a few minutes of vacuum.

I don't mind as long as it's once in a while.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by steak
if the time works for me I have a wash-station in my apartment. Costs $2 in quarters for 7 minutes of spray water (usually strong but recently much more gentle). So I normally spend the first $2 just spraying the car, wash with a bucket and wash mitt, and another $2 to spray it off again. 2 quarters for a few minutes of vacuum.

I don't mind as long as it's once in a while.
Dude, I wish I had something like that. I live in a small OLD apartment building unfortunately.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Find a fellow i-Clubber who lives near you and has access to a carwash area, then ask him nicely if he could let you in every so often to wash your car. Offer him a plate lunch in return.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:58 PM

Car Info: Hi, I'm John.
Subarus' are meant to be dirty. Stop being so ****!!! Just kidding.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:09 PM

Car Info: 14 m235i
Originally Posted by Thug Nasty
I agree but he's got a Legacy. A much more refined subie

Weekends works better for me since I'm usually just chillin at home. Like I said, i don't mind as long as it's once in a while. My friend's have done it.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:09 PM

Car Info: Wagons FTW!
You could use Optimum No Rinse and Shine. It's a car wash that's not really waterless, but you could do it in an apartment complex. It's really versitile too. Depending how you dilute it, it can be a car wash, quick detailer or clay lube. Just don't use it when your car is super dirty. ONR can be found at PakShak off Sand Island Access Road. Ranney is a really cool guy and really helpful if you have any detailing questions.

http://www.pakshak.com

http://optimumcarcare.com/onrwns.htm?li=5

PS Don't forget to put a grit guard in the bucket.

Last edited by slam_wagon; 08-26-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Thug Nasty
LOL, That's my excuse for not washing it in over a month!

But I figure I should take somewhat care of my brand new car.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:07 AM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
you can drive to Kapolei and wash it at my house. =D
Old 08-27-2009, 03:49 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
i went to door2door detail on queen street (inside lex brodies) and they have a limited membership monthly deal. it's $100 a month and they will do a wash/spray wax every week, and on the 4th week of the month they do a full in and out detail with paste wax. considering my car is white and i want to keep it nice (while still being lazy), this is a great option for me. 30min in a/c and i'm out of there. also they open very early, like 6am so i can just go when i get off work in the morning and be done with it. otherwise definitely look for a place that you can hand wash it. drive-through automatic washes suck, you might as well go to a detailer and have them do it.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:47 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
What about COsmo's on the Corner of King & Koreamoku?? Some of my friends worked there back in my import days and was always bumpin with racers. Since then though it looks conservative now and no micro's!
Old 08-27-2009, 05:45 AM

Car Info: 01 Impreza 2.5RS (GM6) & '08 Evo MR
I go to the Auto Detail shop in Dillingham by Jiffy Lube... their wash is $20... It comes out real great and worth the pay for a normal wash and of course their detail is different... I've also used Atomiks before..also good but too far for me... or go to the DIY car wash by NEX?? by Chevron where you put coins to operate it... Jess washes the cars there.. I don't think you need military ID for it since I see people just pulls in with their car and ready to use.. mm maybe Jess can verify that for me...
Old 08-27-2009, 10:12 AM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by YuudaiSTI
you can drive to Kapolei and wash it at my house. =D
Or you can come to my house in Waikele and wash it there. Only catch is that you gotta wash mine too. JK
Old 08-27-2009, 09:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by 4080's_ReiJay
or go to the DIY car wash by NEX?? by Chevron where you put coins to operate it... Jess washes the cars there.. I don't think you need military ID for it since I see people just pulls in with their car and ready to use.. mm maybe Jess can verify that for me...
you are supposed to have a military ID when you use that facility. for the most part he does not check ID's but if he suspects you are not in the military he will.

Quick Reply: Car Wash Options in Town