Can i Mod a new Suby???

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 02:06 PM

Car Info: White on Gold STi
Re: Can i Mod a new Suby???

Originally posted by kscsentragtr
well i just bought my wrx a couple of days ago and i already want to start modifying it..Currently i have 380 miles on the car. Should i wait until i have atleast 1000 or can i start "soupin" up my car?

Pesonally, I would wait. I would rather have the peace of mind that the break in period went perfect. What I'm saying is that I would want to question anything down the road.... Besides it's only a matter of days if you really want to put that many miles on to get it over with.

The things i want to do is just put the blitz atmosphere BOV, apexi TT, and a HKS exhaust.

Before you do any mods, I would recommend researching it a bit. Make sure you know all the positives and NEGITIVES of doing a mod. After that and you're willing to except it go for it.

Start by reading about the BOV

Im prob gonna get my exhaust done at ESH from the cat back. is that a bad idea or should i just get a bolt on exhaust system??
Just buy a cat back. DO NOT go to ESH. The quality of a manufactured exhaust is worth it.

Just my $0.02
Old 09-02-2003, 02:14 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Agreed with Mike 100%. You need to know the baseline before you can figure out if the mods did anything for ya.

There are a lot of WAY modded cars out there that don't perform worth beans... And there are some mildly modded cars out there whose driver really knows the car and turns some impressive performances out...
Old 09-02-2003, 02:26 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
well, personally I wouldn't go to ESH for an exhaust, ...they've ripped off some people, ... but some guys have gotten better deals.
I just like the fit and Finish of a quality manufacturer. Most of what I've seen made locally, looks a bit ghetto to me.

I would wait until the car is broken in before going 'crazy' with the mods, But what you mentioned seems fine to go ahead with now, ... but remember, you may need to go back to the dealer for something, .... and then your car is already modded.

... believe it o not, I started this post 30 minutes ago,...... I got sidetracked talking on the friken phone.

Last edited by Nolimit; 09-02-2003 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:09 PM

Car Info: G35 Coupe (FOR SALE)
Just drive around more. You'll reach 1,000 miles before you know it. I like the idea of establishing a baseline too. That way you can see how much (or how little) your exhaust helps at this point. IIRC, The HKS finished in the top 3 of the Turbo magazine exhaust shootout. It's nice, but expensive.

I agree with Mike. Take your time, research, and do everything right the first time. You're looking at ~$1,000 in mods. Your car will sound alot better, but you won't be much faster.

Have fun and don't hesitate to ask more questions.