Build opinions and Websites.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 04:20 PM

Car Info: 2011 Subaru WRX / 1986 Toyota Corolla SR5/GTS
Build opinions and Websites.

Howzit guys! So coming out of my shyness to post a thread and say wassup to my fellow 808 iclubber's. Names AJ, local boy originally from Kahuku moved to California, joined the Navy, now back home living in Aiea. Came to one meat back last summer in waikele was awesome and everyone is cool. Bought my wrx from Shaggy back in Feb 2011 (thanks again bro), and now im on deployment. So reason for the thread is wanting to hear some opinions and websites to reference buying any parts. My overall goal for Victoria (my rex) is a nice DD with some kick to it...maybe around 350hp, and a nice suspension setup even tho the roads in hawaii sux XD. Thanks for your opinions and help. Ill be looking forward to coming back home in June to chill friday nights! Shootz!
Old 02-07-2012, 10:57 AM

Car Info: 08 Nissan Titan, 12 MazdaSpeed 3, 15 Honda CRV
Not sure what year WRX you have as it would make a difference (2.0 vs. 2.5L).
But if you know what parts you want to get, most affordable way would to buy used parts from fellow I-Club members. Nasioc is another option, but buyer beware. Search for what setups you'd like to go and follow other member's examples so you'd know what would work. If I had to do it all again, Id probably stick with going TMIC. As soon as I went FMIC even though better, I had to worry about scraping the lower silicone hoses and trouble getting my battery in/out in the engine compartment. But that was just my car before...

With the 2.5L you can get almost 350hp with bolt on parts and a tune without a turbo if its at the crank and not the wheels. I did with my LGT...