Breathalizer

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by black_s203
it helps a lill... my friend got busted and he was so drunk he sprayed the colone at mouth. me i dont wanna get so wasted now and drive home coz' i got busted but i got lucky... never again ( just a lill bit)
doesn't cologne contain alcohol ?
Old 04-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Alcohol....is a powerful drug, medically classified as a depressant, which affects you physically. When an alcoholic beverage is consumed, it does not need to be digested. Therefore, it is quickly absorbed into the bloodstream, and is slowly processed by the liver until it is removed from your body. Alcohol slows the thought processes in the brain, numbs brain cells and affects all major organs. Additionally, alcohol affects your driving skills, because it affects the central nervous system. This leads to:

1) Slow reaction time, which interferes with your coordination.

2) Visual problems, such as double or multiple vision, blurring, and reduced side vision.

3) Poor judgement and the inability to make safe decisions.

4) Loss of concentration and drowsiness.

o During 2003, 17,013 people in the U.S. died in alcohol-related motor vehicle crashes, representing 40% of all traffic-related deaths (NHTSA 2004a).

o In 2002, about 1.5 million drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics (NHTSA 2004a). That’s slightly more than one percent of the 120 million self-reported episodes of alcohol–impaired driving among U.S. adults each year (Dellinger 1999).

o Drugs other than alcohol (e.g., marijuana and cocaine) are involved in about 18% of motor vehicle driver deaths. These other drugs are generally used in combination with alcohol (NHTSA 2003).

o More than two-thirds of child passengers ages 14 and younger who died in alcohol-related crashes during 1997–2002 were riding with the drinking driver; only 32% of them were properly restrained at the time of the crash (Shults 2004).
Old 04-26-2005, 01:59 AM

Car Info: '13 WRX Hatch OBP
^^^Yep yep. The legal limit if you get in a Code 1 (wreck) is .05. So if you scrape or even tap someone elses car and you get caught you maybe under the .08 but over the .05 youre screwed.

Also Supra man, if you stop drinking and test your BAC with a PAS (prelimnary alcohol screening) and it is .090 your level could still be going up. We have had guys that PAS on the Road with (for example) .100 and when they get to the intoxilyzer they blow a .120. You never know how your body absorbs or deals with alcohol. On average the a normal adult homo sapien (when they are comming down) loses about .015 per hour.

Bananas dont help, water doesnt help, food doesnt help. Only time helps. The easiest way is to not F**KING drive drunk. I know plenty people do, but dont expect any sympathy when the cop pulls you over "for no reason at all" (When your drunk a$$ forgot to turn on your headlights and are driving the wrong way on Beretania) But you were okay to drive.

I cant think of one cop who doenst absolutely hate DUI'S. They are the people who write the complaints, and give us the "Why dont you go catch the real criminals" When as you can see in the numbers above, Drunk drivers are just a dangerous if not more than your common ice head in china town or car theif.

Sorry to vent but I HATE DRUNK DRIVERS!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 02:11 AM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Wink

Drink and Drive not good mix... just get a D^2...
Old 04-26-2005, 02:21 AM

Car Info: Storme..
if you've had alcohol.. stay the hell off the road..

call friends.. they'll get you..
Old 04-26-2005, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mach5WRX

I'm a Police Officer with over 9 years experience.

Don't drink any alcoholic beverages and drive - period.

Any "breathalizers" that you can buy are not accurate. Plus you can still blow under the legal limit and get charged if you are impaired.

DUI/DWI can cost you up to $40,000 and kill people...again Don't drink any alcoholic beverages and drive - period.

I'm sure the other HIIC cops will post up on this on.
whoa Dan....i didn't know you're a police officer....just joined the force recently? stay safe out there....
Old 04-26-2005, 10:13 AM

I think you guys think im gonna go party hard and get wasted i mean like if i go to dinner at say cheese cake factory and have a peach balini or something i wanna know that i can get home with out getting busted. But i do agree that im not gonna drive if i do go out and party ill just have HUby drive.hahahaa. ive spend and worked to hard on my car to lose my license.
Hey huby ive picked the lock on the ball and chain till this monday...lill's in taiwan now.