Body Shop Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 10:54 PM

Car Info: toaster
Originally Posted by Bran808
out:

Thanks for all the kind words guys. While we're not perfect, I must admit that we do try our best to make our customers happy. kawshon1, I'm curious....who did you know that worked at our place? That's actually right around the time I started working at the shop, too.

-Dave, I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Richard Giel
Old 03-23-2008, 11:14 PM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by kawshon1
Richard Giel
Ahh, Richard. He actually left before I started, but I think I did meet him once (if he's the right one I'm thinking of). He's actually always kept in touch with our family. In fact, he just sent us a card......He's a proud new Daddy. <<<Again, I think this was him, but not 100% sure.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:02 AM

Car Info: toaster
yep thats him, they just had a baby
Old 03-24-2008, 01:45 AM

Car Info: 05 Aspen White STi 02 PSM Bugeye RIP
well, at least you're safe....soo.. how did you crash?
Old 03-25-2008, 01:42 AM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Yikes Dave...
Old 03-26-2008, 01:56 AM

Car Info: 06 STi
damn you too..i got to go to a body shop also..my neighbors reversed into my car..minor damage to my car but major damage to my heart..ill probably go to OKAs also..
Old 03-26-2008, 07:35 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
**Update**

Thanks for everyone advice, I did go ahead and met with Brandon @ OKA's. Brandon was very helpful and knowledgeable, He gave me some great advice but unfortunately, OKA's is booked 2-3 weeks in advance (Like most shops). The next available date OKA's can take me in is April 8th or 9th, and It also depends on the availability on the parts as well. Since my STi is my only means of tranportation and GEICO will not give me a rental unless my car is being worked on, Brandon recomended some other shops. I drove around to about a total of 10 Shops yesterday getting quotes, next available time, and seeing the quality of there work. I finaly ended up with SIG's Auto Body in Waipahu. Since they are a large shop, they said as soon as they can find the parts, they can take my car in. I took a tour of there shop, and there work was excellent. Also, they were an approved repair location for GEICO (OKA's was also on that same list) They called me later that day and said that all the parts were available here on Oahu, and I could drop off the car tomorrow (03/25/08) and have the work started. So, yesterday I took out my personal items and subwoofers, flashed my valet map, dropped the car off and the service was great, the staff was very friendly.

In about 8 days, I'll have my baby back with a new front end. Thank you very much Brandon for your advice and recommendations on other shops and what to look for. I'm sorry I couldn't use your shop due to the time frame, but I appreacate you taking the time to help me. +1 for OKA's Bran808 :RockOn - not mine:
Old 03-26-2008, 08:37 PM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by Haole-Pino
Thanks for everyone advice, I did go ahead and met with Brandon @ OKA's. Brandon was very helpful and knowledgeable, He gave me some great advice but unfortunately, OKA's is booked 2-3 weeks in advance (Like most shops). The next available date OKA's can take me in is April 8th or 9th, and It also depends on the availability on the parts as well. Since my STi is my only means of tranportation and GEICO will not give me a rental unless my car is being worked on, Brandon recomended some other shops. I drove around to about a total of 10 Shops yesterday getting quotes, next available time, and seeing the quality of there work. I finaly ended up with SIG's Auto Body in Waipahu. Since they are a large shop, they said as soon as they can find the parts, they can take my car in. I took a tour of there shop, and there work was excellent. Also, they were an approved repair location for GEICO (OKA's was also on that same list) They called me later that day and said that all the parts were available here on Oahu, and I could drop off the car tomorrow (03/25/08) and have the work started. So, yesterday I took out my personal items and subwoofers, flashed my valet map, dropped the car off and the service was great, the staff was very friendly.

In about 8 days, I'll have my baby back with a new front end. Thank you very much Brandon for your advice and recommendations on other shops and what to look for. I'm sorry I couldn't use your shop due to the time frame, but I appreacate you taking the time to help me. +1 for OKA's Bran808 :RockOn - not mine:
No probs. Anytime!
Old 03-27-2008, 12:17 AM

Car Info: JDM WRX
hey....I saw your car at SIG'S this morning....damn what happened? I had to drop off mah girl's car for repairs. Had a couple of friends who had their cars repaired at SIG'S and my cousin use to work there, they do a good job.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by BugeyeMilo
well, at least you're safe....soo.. how did you crash?
Originally Posted by smr_wrx
hey....I saw your car at SIG'S this morning....damn what happened? I had to drop off mah girl's car for repairs. Had a couple of friends who had their cars repaired at SIG'S and my cousin use to work there, they do a good job.
I was on Ka Uka Blvd in front of the Tony Auto Center, there were two cars in front of me.A black car, followed by a red civic, then my car. This advertisement sign that was planted in the grass median fell over onto the road and the black car break hard to a dead stop. I heard the noise of his tires but didn't see any brake lights in front of me, I was wondering "were is that noise comming from?" only untill the red civic in front of me braked hard did I realized that the noise came from the car two cars up. I slammed my brakes but my ABS kicked in slowing the car down gradually, I knew I wasn't going to stop in time so at the last min I turned to the left slamming my passenger front into his driver rear. the SUV behind me slid sidways to avoid hitting me along with 4 others behind him. The traffic was thick, we were all doing around 20-25mph when it happened but because since everyone was a 1 1/2 car lenghts away from each other, our reaction time was cut really short. the red car didn't have current safety or registration so before I could say anything, he took off over the grass and hop on the freeway heading town bound.

Last edited by Haole-Pino; 03-27-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:26 PM

Car Info: 2008 Mercedes E350
Did you happen to catch the red civic's license plate #?
Old 03-27-2008, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by 04silverWRXSTI
Did you happen to catch the red civic's license plate #?
Nope, From the time I hit him till the time he dug out was about 10-15 secs.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:38 PM

Car Info: 2008 Mercedes E350
What did you tell your insurance company? That you got a hit and run?
Old 03-28-2008, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by 04silverWRXSTI
What did you tell your insurance company? That you got a hit and run?
Yep. Funny thing is I hit, he ran
Old 03-29-2008, 02:19 AM

Car Info: 03 G35 / 05 WRX
Originally Posted by Haole-Pino
I was on Ka Uka Blvd in front of the Tony Auto Center, there were two cars in front of me.A black car, followed by a red civic, then my car. This advertisement sign that was planted in the grass median fell over onto the road and the black car break hard to a dead stop. I heard the noise of his tires but didn't see any brake lights in front of me, I was wondering "were is that noise comming from?" only untill the red civic in front of me braked hard did I realized that the noise came from the car two cars up. I slammed my brakes but my ABS kicked in slowing the car down gradually, I knew I wasn't going to stop in time so at the last min I turned to the left slamming my passenger front into his driver rear. the SUV behind me slid sidways to avoid hitting me along with 4 others behind him. The traffic was thick, we were all doing around 20-25mph when it happened but because since everyone was a 1 1/2 car lenghts away from each other, our reaction time was cut really short. the red car didn't have current safety or registration so before I could say anything, he took off over the grass and hop on the freeway heading town bound.
you must not be a safe driver or somehow bad stuff always happens to you...but i am a firm believer that 1 + 1 = 2. think about it, it's not hard to figure out.

my advice:
(1) get that bus pass
(2) roll your car off a cliff
(3) let the insurance company pay off your loan
(4) turn in your license
(5) leave the driving to trained individuals

Quick Reply: Body Shop Recommendations