BMW 'Driving School' April 26th

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 09:52 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Originally posted by teiva-boy
Tim and I so far I think...

Also I talked a client of mine to go with his Mini Cooper Type-s. He happens to be an ex M5 owner. I can't wait to show up his little penny racer. He has been talking smack to me for weeks
Me too, but Im not worth watching, unless you need a good laugh.

Still gotta get inspected, keep forgetting...
Old 04-15-2003, 11:06 PM

I'll be there

Faxed my car inspection sheet last week, so I'm good to go.
Looking forward to Sunday (AutoX) and the driving school the following Saturday. It's been 2 months since I've had wheel time.

I probably won't be much to watch either. Besides the loose screw behind the wheel, my brakes (stock) will probably be the weak link.

Wish the STi had come in early.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:29 AM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
with proper 'application', the stock brakes hold up pretty good on the course.
I was surprised by how well they did, .... I think that guy driving the Z06 was too!

Yeah, it would have been Really nice to see an STi out there!
but there will be other track days and Farid hasn't had one for a While, so he is due!

There is also a track/drift session this Saturday if anybody wants to watch. Mike is gonna be out there with his 240!
Old 04-16-2003, 11:35 AM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
another thought, ... you guys 'may' want to run race gas or a good mix of toulene. That way you won't have to worry about your car/boost levels/detonation/etc as much when you're out there trying to learn.

..... one time, I heard about 'this guy' who ran 19-21 psi on the stock turbo with no engine management out there on the track!! Using race gas of course! No problems, no det either.
Old 04-16-2003, 01:36 PM

Re: I'll be there

Originally posted by mehlt
Faxed my car inspection sheet last week, so I'm good to go.
Looking forward to Sunday (AutoX) and the driving school the following Saturday. It's been 2 months since I've had wheel time.

I probably won't be much to watch either. Besides the loose screw behind the wheel, my brakes (stock) will probably be the weak link.

Wish the STi had come in early.
Tim, I swear you had mentioned in this thread about someone who could inspect the car, but I cant find it for the life of me. THought it was an Eric or someone. Can you let me know. Sorry, I had it printed out before the move.

Thanks.
Old 04-16-2003, 06:11 PM

Car Info: Boosted Geo Prizm
Anyone can basically. Go to a subaru dealership and talk to Ed, go see Eric at Sonic Motorsports, and more... Heck perhaps even your local gas station with mechanic could just ask. It's not a real strict form, just a liability thing.
Old 04-16-2003, 07:31 PM

Anyone can basically. Go to a subaru dealership and talk to Ed, go see Eric at Sonic Motorsports, and more... Heck perhaps even your local gas station with mechanic could just ask. It's not a real strict form, just a liability thing.
Ah ok, will do. Probably call Eric and see if he will do it...

Thanks.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:47 PM

Dave

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...ighlight=sonic

I wouldn't wait until the last minute as his shop stays busy. The other option is to stop by Waipahu Subaru and talk to Sub-Sonic (Ed). He did mine a few weeks ago.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:56 PM

Originally posted by mehlt
Dave

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...ighlight=sonic

I wouldn't wait until the last minute as his shop stays busy. The other option is to stop by Waipahu Subaru and talk to Sub-Sonic (Ed). He did mine a few weeks ago.
Ah yeah, will do that then. Will call first and make sure he has time. The form looked simple enough, just liability as mentioned before.
Old 04-25-2003, 03:03 AM

Car Info: Boosted Geo Prizm
Tim, Dave you guys all ready? I'm getting there....

I have NEW downpipe, upgraded rear brakes, koni adjustables, rear swaybar, race pads up front... I just need to get an alignment now, I hope.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:16 PM

Tim, Dave you guys all ready? I'm getting there....

I have NEW downpipe, upgraded rear brakes, koni adjustables, rear swaybar, race pads up front... I just need to get an alignment now, I hope.
Jeez... the only diff is I got the Kumho race tires, thats it. Same care underneath. Im ready tho. I want to feel it in stock form before doing anything so I can compare.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:56 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
Originally posted by DaveWRX
Jeez... the only diff is I got the Kumho race tires, thats it. Same care underneath. Im ready tho. I want to feel it in stock form before doing anything so I can compare.
that's already a big difference.... experience the stock RE 92s for a while and you'll see.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:24 PM

Originally posted by WRX_FLIP
that's already a big difference.... experience the stock RE 92s for a while and you'll see.
Cant go now, got the STi now so no car thats broken in. If only they had come in sooner...
Old 04-26-2003, 11:05 AM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Dave and Tim...look at it this way. Although the BMW driving school would have been the best way to use the STi and get used to it, htere is the Solo II Test and Tune day. Make sure you don't miss that. By the date of the Test and Tune, I'm sure your cars will have been broken in...
Old 04-26-2003, 02:27 PM

Originally posted by Ditchhanger
Dave and Tim...look at it this way. Although the BMW driving school would have been the best way to use the STi and get used to it, htere is the Solo II Test and Tune day. Make sure you don't miss that. By the date of the Test and Tune, I'm sure your cars will have been broken in...
Yeah, atleast Tim still has his wagon so he is out there now. I probably should have gone to atleast do the morning class stuff. I think they had some basics and all. Oh well, was too tired from driving late last nite.

Quick Reply: BMW 'Driving School' April 26th