Blitz SS BOV install

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 09:30 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX
Possible....also I have a fmic instead of a tmic
Old 09-06-2005, 09:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
^^^Well....that's information that would be helpful to know.

I guess you will have to do some kind of modification/fabrication to get it done.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:41 PM

Car Info: Aspen White 03 BES
Originally Posted by allenssn715
Well I threw in the bov.....unfortunately ran into a prob. The bov won't fit in there right with my intercooler. There's not enough room to put the "horn part" on (I don't know what to call it it's where the pressure would come out of the side....I know I know I'm a noob). I ran it down the street to see if it would make a difference or not. It made a funny almost musical note the first time it relieved and a sort of shuttering sound the second time. I went home right after that last one and kept the turbo from spooling up. I replaced the stock bov because I wasn't sure if that was the correct sound it should make. Soon I'm going to try and get a small piece of sheet metal and fabricate a bracket to mount it up the right way. Any ideas on why it would make that wierd noise? Or is that the way it's supposed to sound?

P.S. Thanks a lot to Tom who was patient enough to answer my questions even though I did wake him up.
no prob man, anytime
Old 09-06-2005, 11:50 PM

Car Info: JBP 04' WRX
Originally Posted by allenssn715
Well I threw in the bov.....unfortunately ran into a prob. The bov won't fit in there right with my intercooler. There's not enough room to put the "horn part" on (I don't know what to call it it's where the pressure would come out of the side....I know I know I'm a noob). I ran it down the street to see if it would make a difference or not. It made a funny almost musical note the first time it relieved and a sort of shuttering sound the second time. I went home right after that last one and kept the turbo from spooling up. I replaced the stock bov because I wasn't sure if that was the correct sound it should make. Soon I'm going to try and get a small piece of sheet metal and fabricate a bracket to mount it up the right way. Any ideas on why it would make that wierd noise? Or is that the way it's supposed to sound?
um' i'm assuming since your using the stock BPV that its location is in the same place? (stock location/flange?) if so then just turn that horn to the side before you tighten the bolts....if it's sounds funny then try to loosen/tighten the adjustment screw....be very careful not to loosen it to much though...it might open for no reason and give you major boost leak...and dont tighten it to much also...that'll give you compresser surge..leave it somewhere in between

-ROB
Old 09-07-2005, 03:51 AM

Car Info: 03 WRX
If it's fluttering should I tighten or loosen?
Old 09-07-2005, 06:56 PM

Car Info: JBP 04' WRX
IMO: i would assume loosen. since that noise is usually caused by the boost bouncing off the turbo fins (compresser surge bad). meaning your bov is not letting out all the boost (too tight/ bov open and closing=flutter sound)...just trial and error and you should get it right sooner or later...

-ROB

i get that cool sound everytime im on low boost....low boost flutter should not be a problem b/c its low boost...get it?
Old 09-07-2005, 08:35 PM

Car Info: Aspen White 03 BES
im thinkin tighten, but have you put in any washers? i remember tellin you that on the phone, did you ever do it? you need them bad boys in there...THEN worry about tightenin/loosenin...cause the spring will naturally loosen up.