Blitz Nur Spec S Axleback - any opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 04:14 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Blitz Nur Spec S Axleback - any opinions?

I like the look of the Blitz Nur Spec S Axleback, with the slash tip that tucks in high in the stock cutout. Anyone try one, have any information about the sound volume and quality? I'm currently running an Invidia catless DP with stock rear exhaust pipe (or intermediate pipe, depending on who you talk to) and TurboXS RFL Catback. The TXS is relatively quiet at idle and cruise, though it gets kind of loud under acceleration. I also want something with a deeper rumble, the TXS is a bit raspy for me.

Also, if anyone has a Blitz Nur Spec axleback that they want to swap for the TXS, I'd love to try it out. Thanks.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
The TXS is relatively quiet at idle?! I had one and that damned thing set off alarms at will!

The Blitz axleback sounds better in my opinion but will still be loud. Why not just get a full catback already?
Old 05-05-2008, 11:30 AM

Maybe it sounded quiet because I just switched from the Massiv USA race catback - that might be the loudest Subaru exhaust out there, you can ask Brent about it.

As far as axleback vs. catback, I'm just enjoying trying different exhausts, too see what I like. My experience with the Massiv and TurboXS has given me an idea of what people mean when they say "loud". I'm actually working on getting a Maddad intermediate pipe to try with my stock STi axleback and any other axleback that I can get my hands on, just to see how that combo works, to give me some flexibility when choosing exhausts.

In the end, I know I want a Greddy Evo 2, but I'm just having fun in the meantime until one becomes available on the secondary market.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:38 AM

Car Info: ghey e-rights activist
Originally Posted by Ross
Maybe it sounded quiet because I just switched from the Massiv USA race catback - that might be the loudest Subaru exhaust out there, you can ask Brent about it.

As far as axleback vs. catback, I'm just enjoying trying different exhausts, too see what I like. My experience with the Massiv and TurboXS has given me an idea of what people mean when they say "loud". I'm actually working on getting a Maddad intermediate pipe to try with my stock STi axleback and any other axleback that I can get my hands on, just to see how that combo works, to give me some flexibility when choosing exhausts.

In the end, I know I want a Greddy Evo 2, but I'm just having fun in the meantime until one becomes available on the secondary market.
yeah...i have the massiv race cbe...it is pretty loud. Greddy Evo 2 is a good exhaust. Have you tried sourcing through the mainland...NASIOC or another suby site. They pop up very frequently on Nabisco.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
The Greddy Evo 2 is by far a fantastic exhaust if you want good power gains and low noise. There was one available locally that was used, but I grabbed it quick...sorry!
Old 05-05-2008, 05:31 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Yes...Ross is right...

I've owned the RS*R and Blakes old TurboXS (Blake, that axleback has been around the block and back several times....I recently bought it, then traded it away again...)

The Massiv is loud...but what is interesting is that unlike the RS*R or TurboXS RFL Ti, there is no droning at highway speeds...and is actually fairly quiet there...Accelerating is another story...it sounds mean. I will be putting on an EL header soon and look forward to the sound combination of both of these...

Ross, I don't think you are going to see that much of a difference to warrant spending ~$275-$300 for the Maddad resonated mid-pipe+stock axleback.

Noise wise, it will be the same as using your stock midpipe/axleback...performance wise, it won't change much as well. Most of your flow rate changed when you swapped out your stock downpipe for your Invidia bellmouth...your uppipe in the future will make a difference as well.

The catback typically does account for changes but not as much as the aforementioned...

The quest for the perfect sound vs. uniqueness of manufacturer continues for us all...personally, I feel that Daniel's (Ojichan STI) car sounds perfect....

Helix Catless downpipe
Fujitsubo 3" modified Power Getter
(Perrin EL headers going on as I write this)

It's going to be mean!
Old 05-05-2008, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Island Style
...Ross, I don't think you are going to see that much of a difference to warrant spending ~$275-$300 for the Maddad resonated mid-pipe+stock axleback.

Noise wise, it will be the same as using your stock midpipe/axleback... performance wise, it won't change much as well. Most of your flow rate changed when you swapped out your stock downpipe for your Invidia bellmouth...your uppipe in the future will make a difference as well.
Cool, thanks for the info. The guy with the Maddad on NASIOC already sold it anyway, I was just going to try for it if I could get it cheap. I actually do have an aftermarket up-pipe (Perrin), I just didn't mention it because I was discussing the sound of the exhausts and I didn't think it made that much difference in the quality of the exhaust note... then again, I'm a noob so I'm probably wrong (again...).

There's a Nur Spec Axleback on the main i-club classifieds, I already PMed the seller to see if he would ship across the ocean for a reasonable price. I won't have a collection of exhausts, wheels and other parts like some here but I like trying out different exhausts since they are so easy to swap.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Island Style
I've owned the RS*R and Blakes old TurboXS (Blake, that axleback has been around the block and back several times....I recently bought it, then traded it away again...)
Oh crap...that suckin' same one I had?!

That thing gets passed around more than my high school girlfriend.

I second getting the Evo2...my favorite exhaust.