bitter sweet

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 07:09 PM

Car Info: 05 STI
bitter sweet

well, this weekend was the first time i took my car to the track and raced it..I go to all of the drags, but i baby my car too much to even want to drag race it..but i was very itchy and decided to race. I ran a best of 13.49..before you laugh, lemme say that all I have an APS tbe, w/ NO engine management, waiting on the accessport..and I get overboost/fuel cut almost always in 4th gear around 5k rpm..I REALLY need the accessport...I only did 4 passes, and my 60 ft time was 1.86, which SUCKED..i never once dropped my car or launched it prior til today, so i was VERY unfamiliar w/ how to launch it and what it would do..if you seen my first 3 runs you would'f laughed i came out like a SLUG..but never ran worst than a 14.46..i have to work on launching the car and get engine management! fuel cut sucks..just thought i'd share..
Old 02-19-2006, 07:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
hey good job on the 13.49, except on that 14.46... atleast you admit that you baby your car...not like some guys here...btw are you in Oahu now?
Old 02-19-2006, 07:24 PM

oh yea i also did no power shifting/ double clutching like i've done w/ my other cars, i felt safer shifting hard and fast..i also had a question though, whenever i shifted from 2nd to 3rd, on all 4 passes i heard a knock type of sound. Or to better describe it, sounded like i ran over a huge pot hole..doesn't/didn't sound to healthy. it may have just been the suspension or tires grabbing..but it was noticeable from inside the car and didn't sound too healthy..it only happened in the rear..happened/happens to others?? not too worried though, drove the car 60 miles back home and felt great..
Old 02-19-2006, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by de pilipino guy
hey good job on the 13.49, except on that 14.46... atleast you admit that you baby your car...not like some guys here...btw are you in Oahu now?
no, still on big island, season openers this weekend..im normally a pit guy helpin my pops run his car, but he blew his trans first run, kinda weak because he just bought a new motor for this season, which should bring him from the 9's to the 8's..so i decided to have some fun..but im coming to oahu first week of april or earlier..
Old 02-19-2006, 07:45 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by nodnarb2785
oh yea i also did no power shifting/ double clutching like i've done w/ my other cars, i felt safer shifting hard and fast..i also had a question though, whenever i shifted from 2nd to 3rd, on all 4 passes i heard a knock type of sound. Or to better describe it, sounded like i ran over a huge pot hole..doesn't/didn't sound to healthy. it may have just been the suspension or tires grabbing..but it was noticeable from inside the car and didn't sound too healthy..it only happened in the rear..happened/happens to others?? not too worried though, drove the car 60 miles back home and felt great..
i think for our cars it's better not to do that...shifting fast and hard is better, and that noise-it happens i THINK it's just the timing of your shifting and you hear that sound from your trans/diff, i could be wrong...

i sometimes hear it also when i drag...

btw i didn't know Big Island had a track...cool...
Old 02-19-2006, 11:08 PM

Car Info: 05 STi Black on Gold
Originally Posted by de pilipino guy

btw i didn't know Big Island had a track...cool...
pretty sad yeah? Kauai, big island, and maui has a track, but Oahu wont.

nobnard you have an sti? i get that thunk sound when shifting hard from 1st to 2nd, and 2nd to 3rd, every STi i rode in gets that thunk when shifting hard.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:27 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by BOOSTiN

nobnard you have an sti? i get that thunk sound when shifting hard from 1st to 2nd, and 2nd to 3rd, every STi i rode in gets that thunk when shifting hard.
yea i got an sti..at least i know im not the only one
Old 02-19-2006, 11:30 PM

Car Info: car
theres a bushing that can be changed that supposedly gets rid of sound, some where at the diff, it makes that whining sound from the tranny louder. i forget the details, i was reading a thread from iwsti.com and just briefly skimed through it..
Old 02-20-2006, 05:43 AM

Car Info: '04 STi
I'm also on Big Island. I;ve been tempted to try out the tracks, but also baby my sti. Maybe someday I'll get the curage to try it out hehe.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:05 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BOOSTiN

yup it's gonna be sad!!!
Old 02-20-2006, 04:06 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Sushi_n_Beer
I'm also on Big Island. I;ve been tempted to try out the tracks, but also baby my sti. Maybe someday I'll get the curage to try it out hehe.
just do it bro!!! it's a STI, it's pretty strong compared to the WRX...
Old 02-20-2006, 05:09 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
you got pm about shipping!!
Old 02-20-2006, 07:15 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
What you need is the Whiteline rear diff bushing kit and the subframe lock kit...Scroll down the page you'll see them. And don't spend the extra $2.00 for the Kartboy ones the yellow ones are Whiteline who have been around Suby's a long time nothing wrong with Kartboy either I just tend to use people that have been around a bit.

http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/04sti-suspension.html
Old 02-20-2006, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by silver satin
What you need is the Whiteline rear diff bushing kit and the subframe lock kit...Scroll down the page you'll see them. And don't spend the extra $2.00 for the Kartboy ones the yellow ones are Whiteline who have been around Suby's a long time nothing wrong with Kartboy either I just tend to use people that have been around a bit.

hmmm...nice thanks for the webpage...
Old 02-20-2006, 10:02 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by silver satin

got both the lock and rear diff bushing kit(whiteline), one of the mods that i like...

Last edited by de pilipino guy; 02-20-2006 at 10:05 PM.

Quick Reply: bitter sweet