Big mahalo to the organizers of auw 2010!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 11:23 PM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
Big mahalo to the organizers of auw 2010!

I just want to say a big mahalo to Ted (kolohe_04sti), Walter (dub81) You guys went above and beyond getting all of the sponsors and organizing this so that it went so smoothly and without any major problems/accidents etc.... (5-9-6-4......)

Also Chris, Sue, Mark, Joey, and Teds family for all of their help, and all of the sponsors, if I missed you I'm sorry!

Without these people, we wouldn't have awesome cruises and even awesomer prizes! And congratulations to all of the winners of the show and shine, raffles and other contests.

and oh, ATTN: i-club staff: TED (kolohe_04sti) FOR VIP!
Old 10-18-2010, 12:01 AM

Car Info: 1995 dodge neon
^+1
Old 10-18-2010, 12:10 AM

Absolutely awesome job guys. We need to take you out for dinner or something to show our appreciation. Anybody else in?
Old 10-18-2010, 12:26 AM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Originally Posted by YuudaiSTI
and oh, ATTN: i-club staff: TED (kolohe_04sti) FOR VIP!
No worries...already on it
Old 10-18-2010, 12:31 AM

Car Info: DoucheMobile
On behalf of all the volunteers I'd like to extend a BIG mahalo to Ted, Lani and the Calveros as well as Mr. 569 Walter (Do Drugs)! You guys really don't get enough credit for what you do!! And of course we'd also like to extend that same mahalo to ALL of you iClubbers who helped contribute! I can't wait to hear the final tally of the donations! Should be epic.

And while I'm really glad that for the most part everything went smoothly,I hate to ruin the mood of the thread but I need to say something that I really feel needs to be brought to the attention of the rest of the attendees:

Certain individuals (I'm not going to name names here, I just will say they're amongst our newer membership.) joined up with us at later stops and tagged along all the way to the end of the cruise without contributing anything to the Aloha United Way. I am fully aware that these are public locations and roads we are using and we can't stop anyone from tagging along, but please remember what this cruise is all about. If you're going to just tag along, not communicate or socialize with the rest of us, and not even contribute to the cause, you're better off staying home the next time. Don't take this as a threat, but we know who you are, and I took mental note if this as well. I know personally how hard the Calvero's and Walt work to make this happen, and it really annoys the crap out of me to know certain individuals pull crap like this. Ignorance is no excuse either, because the info has been (repeatedly) posted online WELL in advance of today.

Other than this small (and certain other) annoyance(s), I have to say that today was an absolute blast! And I always love doing it!
Old 10-18-2010, 12:49 AM

Car Info: 04' wrb WRX sedan
I was stoked that I got a chance to register before the raffle, now I know why. That kinda sucks. I gotta be honest, I only donated the minimum. But I really don't know anyone, and didn't know what to expect. Again I gotta say how impressed we were with how well this went, and can't wait to see what comes up next.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:27 AM

Car Info: 04' wrb WRX sedan
Kinda wish people were a little more friendly though.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI
what is this? another i-club petition?

thank you for the recognition and in behalf of Me, Walter, and to all the volunteers and marshalls of the cruise, we want to say THANK YOU to EVERYONE who came out and supported the event! You know that none of this would have been possible without YOU!

I'm happy to know that our hard work is appreciated. But we need to keep this up and not let it fade. VIP status or not, you know I will be there for you guys. I think this is a great community with lots of members who actually care. This is the reason why we love to put out these awesome cruises for you guys.

Last edited by kolohe_04sti; 10-18-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Labmonkey
Kinda wish people were a little more friendly though.
???

Just dont take anything personally around this group of people and it'll all be good. Some people come off a little harsh and if you dont like it, leave them alone theres plenty of "friendly" people in this group as well.Come out, introduce yourself and just jump in, no be scarrred.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Ditchhanger
No worries...already on it
Old 10-18-2010, 08:28 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Y' know, I'm very glad and grateful for the organization by the calvero family, walt(569..haha), marci and josh,shaggy and amanda,servco pacific, joey,elway,all the lead captains and everyone else I may have forgotten, who continue to help organize and donate their time and money to this great cause. I agree fully that this separates us from the "wastumgas" cruises that I see on sundays. And we really only have 2-3 cruises a year, all with a good cause, and a purpose.
So big mahalo (big ups!!) to everyone who helped to organize and also DONATE for the annual AUW chARITY event!

Great sponsors this year guys! Woohoo!!

P.S.-
Is it wrong to feel good about helping out thse that need it, when we had such a good time in the process??

P.P.S.-
labmonkey, everyone at one point was "the new guy". I thought much of the same things you must be thinking.

P.P.P.S.- bye