Bad Bizzzznesss!!...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 12:14 PM

Car Info: impreza
Thumbs down Bad Bizzzznesss!!...

Okay, I just wanted to share this story w/ everyone in the 808 on i-club, who deals w/ Gruppe S. I'm sure that most of you have had wonderful experiences w/ them, but unfortunatly I'm left w/ quite a story to tell. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from visiting their site, but I now know that the "S" that follows Gruppe stands for SHADY.
About three weeks ago I ordered a turboback and heatsheld from Preston, and he told me that everything was in stock to be shipped out that very freaking minute. First he said that their would be no charge on the shipping, which I thought was a little fishy, but hey what the hell! He said, "we are shipping everything out to you today, and it will arrive in ONE box". A day later he calls me back to sheepishly say, "their will be an extra 75$ charge for the shipping". To begin w/ I knew there should have been some kind of charge so I agree to pay the shipping fee. A week after placing the order I get the exhaust, but no DP, cell fix or heatsheld?(WTF) I call Preston back and he tells me that the products I didn't get are all outta stock!-So here's the drill guyz, when they take orders every freaking things in stock right, but when it's time to ship out low-and-behold their outta stock. Anywayz he tells me that it will be another two weeks for everything else to arrive. Two weeks later Preston calls to inform me that there's an additional $50 charge for their shipping error?? I literally laughed at his mere stupidity. -And I asked for him to have their boss call me on that issue, and I'm still waiting on his call. For some reason their prices keep going up on me, and all this is taking place after I paid them the $950 for the turboback package.
Yesterday I got a box from them and enclosed was...1 DP!! They still have not sent me my cell fix or heatsheld, and Preston is feeding me more bull about two more weeks.(I've heard that before) He also said that on my next purchase he'll hook me up w/ a discount for all my troubles. I wouldn't order from their site again if I needed a heart transplant and they were the only ones who could provide that!! Their way of doing business has been shady to say the least, and I'm just wondering how business w/them has been for you guyz...
Old 11-03-2005, 01:22 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
wow, gruppe-s has been totally excellent for me.. ok, maybe they forgot to send my friend uppipe studs and gaskets, but after i called preston, he mailed it out and i got them 2-3 days after that.. maybe a misunderstanding.. he probably thought you lived in the 48 states so the turboback package is 950 shipped correct? anyways, my friend paid about 100-120 for shipping for that same package to be mailed here to hawaii. so im guessing the shipping is about right.. but i agree with you, i guess that second part was their mistake but idk..
Old 11-03-2005, 01:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
I shop at Subydude...they've always done me right
Old 11-03-2005, 01:55 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Wink Omg...

Originally Posted by bpang1
I shop at Subydude...they've always done me right
Did they use lube?
Old 11-03-2005, 02:25 PM

myoshiur - I already spoke to you this morning and everything seemed "cool". I guess not.
Give me a call or PM us and tell us how you want to resolve any oustanding issues.

Regards,
Preston
Old 11-03-2005, 02:34 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Wow, a response from the "s". Hope all goes well. I've heard nothing but good things about gruppe-s.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:39 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
hey everyone makes mistakes and there posting in this thread to try to make it better so all i say is work it out and there are not that many companys that will ask u to send them a pm or call on how they can fix it so i think it was a honest mistake and there standing up and trying to help ya out now
Old 11-03-2005, 03:43 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Wink

Originally Posted by shaggadelic
hey everyone makes mistakes and there posting in this thread to try to make it better so all i say is work it out and there are not that many companys that will ask u to send them a pm or call on how they can fix it so i think it was a honest mistake and there standing up and trying to help ya out now
Agree on the "honest mistake," hope everything will work out good.

Last edited by Tiare; 11-03-2005 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:02 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
They need to build a bridge or something to connect Hawaii to the mainland...

I'm kidding in case you don't know.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by luktang
They need to build a bridge or something to connect Hawaii to the mainland...

dude, if they do then id take off several days to go get my car dyno tuned....
Old 11-03-2005, 07:16 PM

Car Info: subaru
Originally Posted by myroncuz
dude, if they do then id take off several days to go get my car dyno tuned....
hell yeah! But that's be some drive, huh?
Old 11-03-2005, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by YamazakiSubaru
hell yeah! But that's be some drive, huh?
ya but they better put a gas station halfway through.. it could happen.. but alot of airlines would go out of business... ok, back on topic...
Old 11-03-2005, 07:19 PM

Car Info: 04 Toyota Tacoma
I always shop Oakos Automotive, they've never done me wrong, and some of their products are free shipping even to Hawaii. The only down side is that they dont carry as much items as most places.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
damn........sorry to hear that. as for me i have always had excellent service with them. and as far as paying shipping i have always paid the price that was listed on the website not a dime more for shipping. but then again everything was always sent usps..good luck and i hope you resolve your issues

Jess
Old 11-03-2005, 07:25 PM

Car Info: 1991 Toyota MR-2 Turbo
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gruppe-s
myoshiur - I already spoke to you this morning and everything seemed "cool". I guess not.
Give me a call or PM us and tell us how you want to resolve any oustanding issues.

Regards,
Preston

There ya go. That is customer service. Mistakes and misunderstandings happen but it looks like Preston is eager to resolve them.

I've had nothing but great experience with them. They did forget my cel fix when I bought my downpipe from them but it was quickly express mailed to me at no additional cost.

Quick Reply: Bad Bizzzznesss!!...