b-drift or anyone

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 10:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
It takes me less than 7.7 seconds to change a setting and save it. My opinion is that the EDFC is nothing but a luxury. It just controls dampening which is something that would take 5 minutes to do manually. I got the EDFC as a part of an awesome package deal from a good dude. I would never have paid good money (I think they're like $345 or something) Now that I have it, it's broken and haven't felt any need to fix it.

If I ever sell them and want another set for my WRX, I'd buy Whiteline.

I'll look up the Corolla.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:33 AM
VIP Member

This is certainly sexy.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: heavy, stock power, slow, perfect
Originally Posted by gpatmac
It takes me less than 7.7 seconds to change a setting and save it. My opinion is that the EDFC is nothing but a luxury. It just controls dampening which is something that would take 5 minutes to do manually. I got the EDFC as a part of an awesome package deal from a good dude. I would never have paid good money (I think they're like $345 or something) Now that I have it, it's broken and haven't felt any need to fix it.

If I ever sell them and want another set for my WRX, I'd buy Whiteline.

I'll look up the Corolla.
forget the ae86's. trust me on this one. it is stupid hard to get parts as the car is wanted and old. yes, i have another car i have been attempting to do which is a ae86 w/ 20v 4ag silvertop converting from a sr5 auto, sds ecu, blah blah.

too much money and headaches. just try to buy a gts rear end and you will see. unless you get killed for 500+ like a dummy. i paid 200 for mine but it took almost half a year to find by hard core hachi guys here.

EF is a cheaper starting point than a EG. my guess would be

- 500 to 1500 for a EF civic
- 4000 for motor swap and motor built to 200+ whp, should be easy to get these#'s nowadays(don't quote me as #'s are coming from my azz right now). NO turbo, because turbo FF drives funny and the "safe" you want will be gone. all motor feels good/consistent and PREDICTABLE screaming. gearing can be worked on later.
- 250 swaybars
- 2500+ truechoice coilovers (sorry, but i totally forgot the prices)
- 450 bars/bushings/etc
- 1200 lsd + install
- 1500 brake system you gotta research
- 700 rims
- 700 toyo ra1's
- 500 misc installs that might not personally do.
- 500? bolt in cage
- 700 seat/parts
- 400 harness
- 0 gut car free, free, free...monster garage free!!!!!
what is that.....13900? too lazy to 2x check.

that is a glance at quick list. all install fees not listed is what i figure you would do it yerself guessing yer limits and what should be done by pros. lsd might require shimming/etc. not sure but you don't want it to explode like some 240's did when done wrong. haha...not me....

you can save on the coilovers and engine side stuff, everything else you gotta do.

b

ps. i don't have the safe feeling w/ the sti right now. but i know it is the setup not the power.

Last edited by b_drift; 11-18-2004 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-18-2004, 06:16 PM
VIP Member

That is just too sweet!

I'm going to post in the Indy i-club and see if someone has a built fwd or knows someone who's cool.

I really want to see how one would feel.
Old 11-18-2004, 06:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: heavy, stock power, slow, perfect
Originally Posted by gpatmac
That is just too sweet!

I'm going to post in the Indy i-club and see if someone has a built fwd or knows someone who's cool.

I really want to see how one would feel.
make sure that if you do get to drive one, that it is gutted or lightweight because it makes a huge difference in feel. my 4dr was about 2300lbs w/o driver. fully gutted you can get a EF down to about 21xx easily if you take out the ac, ps and stuff. and less if you are crazy considering that drag crx's are/were about 17xx or something like that.

b
Old 11-18-2004, 06:42 PM
VIP Member

Okeydoke. Wildo.

I don't remember anything like this, though. There was a completely built FC...that you could hear 3 counties away, but it looked like something so serious that I doubt the guy would let a stranger drive it.

I'll cross my fingers.