AUW Theft

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 06:04 PM

Car Info: grandmas car
AUW Theft

Not too sure if this affected i-club's donation...but the $1575 our office raised was stolen. Got an email earlier today that the AUW offices were broken into...super sad that people could do that right around xmas.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:05 PM

Car Info: GC8 Type-R, BH5 Wangon Gen3 and 05 SV650 Naked!
^ what!
Old 12-09-2009, 06:06 PM

serious...im sure itll be in the news soon...
Old 12-09-2009, 06:11 PM

Car Info: GC8 Type-R, BH5 Wangon Gen3 and 05 SV650 Naked!
I guess ill be watching the 5-6 news.
You guys dont keep it in safes?
Old 12-09-2009, 06:16 PM

i dont work for AUW....our office fund raised and donated to AUW. not too sure if itll be in todays news, i hope this wasnt confidential....email didnt say dont disclose...said to inform all employees....i was forwarded an email from AUW....didnt see Walters or Teds email address so I dont think they were informed...
Old 12-09-2009, 07:09 PM

Car Info: Justy
That is seriously messed up.

The person or persons who did that should be dragged through broken glass and thrown into a pool of vinegar, repeatedly!
Old 12-09-2009, 10:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI
no, i did not get any notification if our contribution was also stolen or not. but i hope they find the individual(s) who did it. these people don't know that they did not only steal from AUW but to the thousands of families who are depending on this help. really sad, being so close to christmas.

karma is a *****. that's all i can say.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Originally Posted by WRX-Zero
That is seriously messed up.

The person or persons who did that should be dragged through broken glass and thrown into a pool of vinegar, repeatedly!
WTF, brandon your still lurking!! LOL..

Originally Posted by dysfuntionl doll
i dont work for AUW....our office fund raised and donated to AUW. not too sure if itll be in todays news, i hope this wasnt confidential....email didnt say dont disclose...said to inform all employees....i was forwarded an email from AUW....didnt see Walters or Teds email address so I dont think they were informed...
Hey Brett, I didnt get the email either but ill check in with my Director to find out more scoops about it!

Originally Posted by kolohie04STi
no, i did not get any notification if our contribution was also stolen or not. but i hope they find the individual(s) who did it. these people don't know that they did not only steal from AUW but to the thousands of families who are depending on this help. really sad, being so close to christmas.

karma is a *****. that's all i can say.
Yup, totally messed up and karma is a *****!!
Old 12-10-2009, 12:01 PM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
fck thieves. That's one of the lowest things you can ever do. Steal from a charity. That is THE LOWEST OF THE LOWS. I hope you get burned alive.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Being that I used to work there...I'm actually pretty surprised someone was able to get into the part of the building that pledges are kept while being processed. I will say that the building is in a not so great part of town and that evil people will do evil things no matter who the victim.

Whoever it was, I honestly hope they die a horrible and extremely painful death.

The good thing is that cash and checks are some of the lowest % of pledges made, so hopefully there wasn't very much stolen. I would say that if any of you are giving through your company ask the coordinator when they turned the pledges in...if it was a while ago the pledge should've already been processed and any checks/cash should've already been taken to the bank.

Last edited by bpang1; 12-10-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:20 PM

Car Info: 05 wrb wrx wagon
i just read that, so ****ed up. i hope whoever took the money gets swine flu and dies in a van down by the river
Old 12-11-2009, 09:44 PM

Car Info: 2010 2.5i Steel Silver Legacy
Wow, the paper said something like $128,000 was stolen
Old 12-12-2009, 10:16 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI
we will try to get in touch with AUW to see if HIIC's donation was part of this theft.
it's in the news today:

December 12, 2009

Burglar steals $128,000 at AUW

By Suzanne Roig
Advertiser Staff Writer

Aloha United Way has notified its donors that someone broke into the charity's office and stole about $128,000 in checks, cash and credit card receipts.

No arrests have been made in the theft, which is believed to have taken place Nov. 29 or 30, police spokeswoman Michelle Yu said.

"We haven't heard how the AUW will deal with this, but it is a real tragedy for the agencies it serves," said Brian Schatz, chief executive officer of Helping Hands Hawaii, one of AUW's 96 partner agencies. "It's sad for our community that some people would stoop so low."

Bank of Hawaii said it will waive stop-payment fees for its customers' checks that were made out to AUW.

Susan Doyle, Aloha United Way president, said the charity is adding additional security measures to try to ensure that a burglary like this won't happen again.

"We are saddened that monies donated to the Aloha United Way were stolen," Doyle said in a written statement. "More importantly, we are truly sorry that this has directly affected our generous donors. When a criminal act of this nature occurs, it affects everyone, including our community that benefits from the much-needed services."

Aloha United Way, which is in the middle of a fundraising campaign that began in September, said monetary donations are down about 10 percent from last year — a decline of about $1 million. The charity said it helps an estimated 500,000 people each year through its partner agencies.

Jody Shiroma Perreira, AUW vice president for marketing and communications, said its general donation campaign and the Pacesetter campaign, which runs May through July in 95 workplaces statewide, generates more than $9 million in contributions.

The Hawai'i State Teachers Association, which is a Pacesetter contributor to the Aloha United Way, pledged to continue to support the nonprofit.

"Aloha United Way is an important institution in our community and helps the people of our state in many ways," HSTA president Wil Okabe said. "We are saddened that they have been victimized. Those who stole money from AUW hurt a lot of worthwhile causes, not just AUW."
Old 12-12-2009, 01:30 PM

Car Info: 2015 CWP STI
Damn crackheads!! I have only one thing to say about it but I'll just save it.

But!! I'd like to add that if there was something we can borrow from our middle eastern friends, it would be cutting thieves hands off in front of the public.

I'm sick and tired of thieves.

Last edited by joejoe69; 12-12-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Sorry for the late response but after contacting our director of campaign, he assured us that our donations were not affected. So no worries peeps but those perps should burn!

Quick Reply: AUW Theft