Auto-X rocks. (09/21/03)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 03:52 AM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
... oh and, great pics guys!!
Old 09-22-2003, 04:31 AM

awesome pics. btw. i wasn't riding shotgun, that was panos riding with her.

hey poser, where did you see the sti running in bstock? if i have and info on it, curtis wants to see it. this is from him.

" From the information I can gather at this point, the Subaru STI runs in AS and ESP. If I get different information, we can always revise the results before the next event."

ESP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy sheez. just for that, i would drop my cuscos back on if that was correct.

yep. got robbed again. damn record keepers. now i get moved to AS and have an evo beat the sti. crap. hey pat and dave, can i grab some of your pics of the sti and mini?

FYI. i drove the mini to a 52.449 overall would have been 9th. no pax bs.. curtis doesn't want to post it though. oh well. it was the most fun course in a while. or was it the mini....i mean sti. haha b

Last edited by mini-t; 09-22-2003 at 04:33 AM.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:00 AM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Originally posted by poser
...and he even got ROBBED again...he was supposed to have a 51.xxx...dont worry dude, if you run in the heat which i'll supervise next month, i'll try and make sure that your times are correctly recorded...
He wasn't the only one.
Old 09-22-2003, 10:01 AM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Hey Dave...thanks again from myself and Fran for allowing us to use your car at the track...
Old 09-22-2003, 10:06 AM

Time Recording during Heat 1

I was recording times during Barry's run and I think the confusion was the time on the run in which he requested a re-run since the track wasn't setup. I thought it was a 51.xxx, but as most who have done timing will tell you, it's all a blur now. I'm not sure if he had to short cut part of the course during that run (cones not setup) and perhaps that was the reason he had a better time?

We had a lot of new track workers which made it interesting, and the starting pace of cars was a little too fast at first, but I'm comfortable we got the right times recorded for that heat.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:30 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: heavy, stock power, slow, perfect
hey tim. nope. no short cut, it was set up properly, the only time i didn't finish was when i had to slow down and drive on the side of the course when i caught up to jay VB and the course worker had a cone in his hand(note no one flagged me either). and i definitely took the directional slaloms properly. it was clean, and felt pretty good from my hand shakes. now i feel really sick if you thought it was in fact a 51.xxx. oh well. i was time keeper at other sccas so i know how it is. thanks b

results are up at

http://www.eng.hawaii.edu/~panos/9-21-03.pdf
Old 09-22-2003, 02:06 PM
Where is my beer?

Originally posted by Mach5WRX
He wasn't the only one.
That is the the main reason I hate autoX here!!!! and why I stopped racing as much. It's just f^cking BS when you are actually trying to compete, .. and then your times get screwed up!!
Old 09-22-2003, 02:49 PM
VIP Member

nolimit. your car sounded schweet. also looked damn good too of course. what times were you getting with it for the fun runs?

gotta remember what D-R-I-V-E-R-S stands for which is why we let it out at autoX and not on the road.

b
Old 09-22-2003, 02:52 PM
Where is my beer?

That's right!!

I dunno what my fun run times were, .... I never even asked, I guess I figured they weren't writing down my times.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:39 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
The rediculous timing issues shouldn't be making you not race...that's a poor excuse...
Old 09-22-2003, 03:53 PM
Where is my beer?

How is that a poor excuse!!!???

I f^cking pay $20 for a TIMED event, ... I want my f^cking times to be correct!!!

I will race on a TRACK DAY for $20 (or free most of the time!) and get More track time, and a much better "racing event"!

.... I guess that's just the "grin and bear it" attitude again ......
Old 09-22-2003, 04:33 PM

So who's times were screwed up and why did they not bring them to Joyce's attention?

I can only speak for Heat 1 as a worker, but I'm 99.99% sure we got the correct times. I'm still talking to Barry about his issue in PM, but I think I may know where the confusion is there. It has to do with the time I wrote down on his second run and later Xed through because he was granted a re-run for that one.

We also had an issue during Heat 1 where a car cut in front of another after the first run and threw the order off. We caught it pretty quick and all cars effected were given re-runs.

I raced during Heat 2, but i did watch times come in during Heats 3 and 4 and didn't see any problems. Keep in mind the person close to staging with the times may not always hear the times correctly from the announcer.

Also they did record times during the fun runs until the generator ran out of gas during Joyce's run.
Old 09-22-2003, 05:02 PM
VIP Member

whoa. i just noticed something. on the site, they have a 64.xxx which was my 2nd run that was when i drove slower and around the course because i came close to jay VB when he stopped in front on the course. the 64.xxx should 100% definitely not be on there. the 3rd and 4th run should shift over to the 2+3 spot and the missing 4th run after the shift would be the 51.xxx time.

i looked at the time sheet with amy and the 64.xxx was crossed out. but the 51.xxx was still missing.

also, the s2 guy in Bstock heard the time clearly too with the BS# followed by the 51.xxx. he said he is sure because he reacted to it of course. and he wasn't at the staging lanes, so it wasn't the hearing issue either. especially when you tim were at the trailor.

i was letting it go, but now this is getting interesting. hmm. too bad no one knows the xxx part of it.
b
Old 09-22-2003, 05:03 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Originally posted by mini-t
hey pat and dave, can i grab some of your pics of the sti and mini?
Ah ok thought you were riding with her. That was awesome that she came out. Way cool!

Yeah if you go to my site just open the larger pic and right-click save. Pics are there for anyone who wants em.
Old 09-22-2003, 05:04 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Originally posted by Ditchhanger
Hey Dave...thanks again from myself and Fran for allowing us to use your car at the track...
Sure thing. Poor car. Nice to see you guys show me what the car can really do. I scrub so much speed. I take the turns so wide just to stay away from the cones. Gotta learn smoother driving.

Quick Reply: Auto-X rocks. (09/21/03)