Auto X was great again!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 06:34 PM

Car Info: 2008 Legacy 3.0R 3L H-6 RIP :( Hello 09 FXT!
oh no he didn't! :rotfl:
i wanted some of that ice water but chris would get mad.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
hahahahahah
Old 07-11-2005, 09:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: "the loud one"
Originally Posted by 808subaru

here it is, hope you guys enjoy it as much as we did, man it was nice on a hot day!!
oh boy....that felt...so...good...
Old 07-12-2005, 02:55 AM
VIP Member

no vid???
Old 07-13-2005, 01:19 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
That's mighty sexay Randy~!!
Old 07-13-2005, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by .:: 808 STi ::.
so who here is running an ALK anyway???
I do...

I have...

ALK
Front strut tower bar
STi lower control arms
Springs
Rear swaybar
Rear endlinks...
Old 07-13-2005, 07:36 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Originally Posted by .:: 808 STi ::.
no vid???
sorry
Old 07-13-2005, 08:01 PM

Randy... those pix remind me the herbal essence commercials... "Yes! Yes!!! YESSSS!!!"
Old 07-13-2005, 08:38 PM
VIP Member

hahahahahah
Old 07-14-2005, 02:10 AM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Chee hoo!!
Attached Thumbnails Auto X was great again!-subaru-forester-black-esp-1-copy.jpg  
Old 07-20-2005, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by CallMeCrazy
big disappointment though on the 3rd and 4th heat. MOST of the noobs WERE NOT doing their part of the job. hopefully the people in charge will do somethin about this.

see all next month!
Dude...and that is WHY they (we) are called NOOBIES. A little help in understanding all of the calls and such would have been nice, the 10 min crash course doesnt cut it out in the real world. Sorry that we were not all on the ball.....but damn when you just put us in the middle of nowhere without any other guidance....what do you expect? Eventually we will figure it out and get it together a little better. Please be a little patient and stop beating the crap out of all of us. Everyone was new and green at one time or another, and a little patience and help would not hurt versus just beating us down. If we are supposed to look up to the old timers and more experienced people....then help us out by gosh versus having people that are in the know just sitting around and b****ing about us screwing up your times and calls.

Yes we had issues....but rather than complaining about it to everyone...wouldnt it be more constructive to help us out on the track or having maybe some of your friends that are standing around watching come help us out. I mean if we are in obvious need of help....then why doesnt someone come and help us out? Complaining about something is always crap load easier versus coming out and actually helping out to assist the situation. Central can't possibly over see everything. I would believe that they depend on the veterans as well in certain times of need. And with 17 new drivers......it was a time of need.

Enough of my rant of the day. Its just that as frustrating as it was to you as the driver....didn't anyone think that some of us felt really bad and was getting frustrated in thinking that we just screwed someone up by accident? Sheez with that kind of comments being made openly so that even the new guys see it....why would any new driver want to come out only to get ripped in a public forum. Its the new guys that come out that allows the older guys to keep on doing what they love to do at the tracks too you know.

A little help, patience, and encouragement would go a longer way and be a lot more beneficial versus just criticism in my newbie opinion.

Flame away...so be it.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:50 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Originally Posted by XLR8SN
Dude...and that is WHY they (we) are called NOOBIES. A little help in understanding all of the calls and such would have been nice, the 10 min crash course doesnt cut it out in the real world. Sorry that we were not all on the ball.....but damn when you just put us in the middle of nowhere without any other guidance....what do you expect? Eventually we will figure it out and get it together a little better. Please be a little patient and stop beating the crap out of all of us. Everyone was new and green at one time or another, and a little patience and help would not hurt versus just beating us down. If we are supposed to look up to the old timers and more experienced people....then help us out by gosh versus having people that are in the know just sitting around and b****ing about us screwing up your times and calls.

Yes we had issues....but rather than complaining about it to everyone...wouldnt it be more constructive to help us out on the track or having maybe some of your friends that are standing around watching come help us out. I mean if we are in obvious need of help....then why doesnt someone come and help us out? Complaining about something is always crap load easier versus coming out and actually helping out to assist the situation. Central can't possibly over see everything. I would believe that they depend on the veterans as well in certain times of need. And with 17 new drivers......it was a time of need.

Enough of my rant of the day. Its just that as frustrating as it was to you as the driver....didn't anyone think that some of us felt really bad and was getting frustrated in thinking that we just screwed someone up by accident? Sheez with that kind of comments being made openly so that even the new guys see it....why would any new driver want to come out only to get ripped in a public forum. Its the new guys that come out that allows the older guys to keep on doing what they love to do at the tracks too you know.

A little help, patience, and encouragement would go a longer way and be a lot more beneficial versus just criticism in my newbie opinion.

Flame away...so be it.
look man don't take this the wrong way, but this is a serious issue. this is a highly competetive sport and people take pride, often calling in their own cones. before you attack someone on this forum, get to know them first. We all i'm sure got yelled at by the know-it-alls, i know i did, even when i was DOING my job correctly. Don't cry, just ask for help. Did any of the new guys run in the earlier heats?? i think not. we wake up very early to be there, and the scca people go early to set up the cones. maybe when you walked the course you could have asked some questions. new people are welcomed always, but i work a lot, and this is one of the few opportunities for me to actually track my car in a month. so pardon us for getting upset. the newbie i yelled at was doing three very important things wrong, he was kneeling down, shirt off, and had the walkie talkie on the ground. NOT to mention not calling anything in. I'm sorry if you did your job properly, but we were overrun with newbies. It was a record amount that they haven't seen come out in years. All i can say is pay your dues. I used to do 1/4 mi. but the old school muscleheads are soo closed-minded and they are always asses. just deal with it, and learn from your mistakes. And if you think we need all the newbies you are mistaken. SCCA has been around for a while and will continue to be around with or without new guys showing up. If you were smart, then maybe looking up what you needed to do (SUCH AS A SEARCH) before actually going down there. Hate me for what you want, but i'm always willing to help. PM me if you want this matter to go into more detail, or if you want more help or clarification. Remember, we already know what WE are doing. oh yeah here's your smiley face
P.S.- she is not a dude, it's a woman FYI
Old 07-20-2005, 06:12 PM

Car Info: 2008 Legacy 3.0R 3L H-6 RIP :( Hello 09 FXT!
if you would like to discuss this in person then by all means come to the meet this thurs AND WE WILL TALK about this issue. i also don't care if you are a boy or girl. i care about this sport and i don't apprieciate when someone is jeopardizing other people's lives by not doing their job. like 808subaru said this is a serious and dangerous sport whether you know it or not.
i'm also there whenever there is an emergency whether central knows it or not. in other words i'm in the medical profession and i care about peoples lives. so when people aren't doing their job such as being ready to flag another car comming directly after a situation on the course or even a corner worker resetting the course, then it puts lives in danger.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:14 PM

Man... do I have a lot to learn about Auto-X or what...
Old 07-20-2005, 08:52 PM

damn. i mean come on all of us started as noobs too. but pretty much they tell u how it is when they show you the coarse and all and how to handle it. when i first started i had no idea what the hell i was doin but i just listened to the people around me and i pretty much did what i had to do. like running for the cones, standing and not sitting or being on the cell phone. holding the flag so that it doesn't wave around. its all pretty much commen sense if u ask me. the only confusing part is calling in the cones. like if they guy knocks over 2 cones but its a directional cone with a standing one, that counts as only one not 2. if he takes out 2 in the slolem then that counts as 2. nah mean? i was confused about that till some one told me. so learn but main thing is run for the cone and pay attention. not to pick on noobs or anything cus i was a noob my self. this is my first year and only raced about 3 times. keep it real yo. holla holla holla!

Quick Reply: Auto X was great again!