ATTN: Thursday Meet

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 08:16 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
So is Kapolei for this week the 11th? or is it for the 18th?
Old 11-08-2004, 08:16 PM

Car Info: Subaru, Hummer, Cadillac, Buick, GMC, Previously Owned Vehicles
Cool

Originally Posted by sneezerboi
Hah! I jus gon call you "Uncle" already.

shoots
Old 11-08-2004, 08:27 PM

Car Info: your mom.
Greg, look what you started!
Old 11-08-2004, 08:36 PM

Edited main Thread/message

Originally Posted by iNfEk
So is Kapolei for this week the 11th? or is it for the 18th?

Please post.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by hangbot
Greg, look what you started!
Greg was the person too start the unwind session.. i feel that he should be the one too make the schedule.. instead of everyone putting there two cents in on where the meets should be held at...

sorry greg not too put you on the spot!

just feel it should be more organize. should select one person too handle the schedule, if greg does not want to..
Old 11-08-2004, 11:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
That sounds like a plan Kyle, but either way I'm cool with Nino's schedule for the most part!
Old 11-08-2004, 11:27 PM

Greg was at the last meet

Originally Posted by dis_local_guy
Greg was the person too start the unwind session.. i feel that he should be the one too make the schedule.. instead of everyone putting there two cents in on where the meets should be held at...

just feel it should be more organize. should select one person too handle the schedule, if greg does not want to..

He was involved in the whole prosses. Greg is a great friend to me and I would never do anything behind his back. Were you not a the last meet. I thought it was clear. Is there a problem. there only seems to be a few of you. Its just for the holiday season. Then someone else can be "In Charge" I'mm just finding a way to help everyone wind down by having no worries.

Oh well. I'm getting older and learning everyday.... Like I said, " I'll be where you all are."

K bye
Old 11-09-2004, 12:12 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by suby_blitzer
I understand the original reason why we meat on Thursdays was to plan tracks the next day.
umm this was started to meet and put faces behind the screennames

Originally Posted by dis_local_guy

i agree with u kyle, no offense nino, but greg did start this long bfore alot of the
i-clubbers started to go to these things untill everyone heard how big and awesome these things are!! this is just to unwind and relax. Nino i think u should do this months one but the just have greg make it like it was in the past make a poll for the place and which ever one has the most votes wins. like it was before. that worked the best
Old 11-09-2004, 12:16 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by ElNino
Ward will be the site of our next meet 11th.

Ohana Batting Cages the week following on the 19th from 5 - 10PM

Kapolei will be the next on the 25th.

Kaneohe will be the First week December 2, 2004

Waikele of December 9, 2004

* Ala Moana December 16, 2004. I know we've met there in the past and the 16th is one of the last Thursdays before Chirstmas. Maybe we can do a prank gift exchange, we can draw name etc. This is tentative, Please post!

** Wall Mart Keeamoku, I was thinking about on the 23rd for da SALES and am trying to work out parking with security THERE in the structure and Nick Augusta who is the General Manager of the Starbucks store there. This is just me thinking out loud, Please post!

Hope that this is satisfactory for everyone.... I tried to go back and forth
Aloha,
Nino

nino i say u should take out the kapolei or waikele and fill that with aiea to have a central meeting spot in that month because kapolei and waikele are both on the west side and theres no central on this and there 2 west sides

just my .02 cents
Old 11-09-2004, 12:45 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
whatever works. i don't care where the meet is i'm there. i kinda liked it in the begining when greg would just post "i'm going here if anyone wants to come", and those who did...went. it doesn't matter where you live, it's gonna be a "drive" for somebody. come cuz you want to, not cuz it's close to home. i make the trip no matter where it is just to go and be with friends. i'd drive to kauai if i had to cuz i just like driving my car anyways. lifes a trip, stop worrying about how far it is and just enjoy the ride. guarenteed no matter where the next meet is, i'll be there and i hope you will to. so schedual it, plan it, post it, i don't care. as long as i know what direction to drive, i'm down. L8R
Old 11-09-2004, 01:33 AM

Car Info: 02 wrx
buy my fake christmas tree, it will solve all your problems
Old 11-09-2004, 01:53 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
this is the first time reading the thread. o.k. greg was at the last unwind and he didn't seem to mind. a few points i'd like to make: 1. this is not a big issue as everyone is making it out to be. come if you wish, but only because you want to, not because that is where it is that week, and complain about the drive. many i-clubbers make the drive every week, and i have never heard one of them complain. 2. i-club has grown leaps and bounds in the last year, and i anticipate that it will grow even more in the years to come. Nino and company (and old skoolers) had a discussion as to the progression of the suby community and the direction that needs to be taken were addressed.
3. o.k. i'm done. that said, me and crazy will see everyone on thursday; wherever it may be.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:57 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
This is getting PHUKEN REDICULOUS!

Why the hell do people keep fighting about the same phuken things over and over again...

Excuse my language but I think it's time to start putting the foot down here.

It really does NOT matter who started this and it really doesn't matter where it should be. The only reason why we discussed having it different places was to make it "FAIR" to everyone that lives in a different location. But this has gotten to out of hand.

We also wanted to make it central for everyone to be able to come out so that no one will complain about where it is being held...

OBVIOUSLY A CENTRAL LOCATION ISN'T WORKING SINCE WE STILL HAVE THESE PROBLEMS.

It has already been made PERFECTLY CLEAR that Nino wanted to TAKE OVER planning these events since Greg didn't mind at all. If you came to the last meet in Aiea (11-04-04) then you would have heard all the extra details...

Also Nino wanted to take over since we wouldn't find out where to meet until LATE WEDs.

This constant fighting about where we are going to meet and who's going to plan it...etc is getting very much out of hand. MOST OF THE PEOPLE THAT ARE COMPLAINING DON'T EVEN COME OUT TO EVERY MEET ANYWAY SO IT REALLY DOESN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE! (I'm not necessarily (sp?) talking about the people that are posting in this particular thread but every thread after the 1st "Unwind Session")

These meets are NOT manditory (You do NOT have to show up to these). If you want to come and hang out (cause that's what we really do instead of unwind) then come and drive to that planned location.

If you do NOT like the planned location then don't come or meet up somewhere else (since this is what has been happening all a long). If you cannot make it for some reason you don't have to explain yourself. We understand...

You can say all you want after this posting but I go to EVERY meet and it really doesn't matter where the hell it is I make it appoint to show up. It could be located at the furthest location from my house and I would still go.

I think this is just silly of how big a issue we all make it out to be.

Whatever... Doesn't matter to me just pick a location already!

Jon
Old 11-09-2004, 03:05 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
^^^Werd
Old 11-09-2004, 03:54 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
nino - you rock even though you are an old man.
kyle- thanks for the props, but i'm just a nobody that likes meeting wit sombodies
shaggy- ^^
hangbot- yep...
infek - so true, who cares- keep the ball rolling and welcome the newbies as they come

*i think it is so cool that a meet started with me jeff, brandy, darrell blew up into something so huge.

its in my nature to try to be the one to bridge gaps since that is what i have been doing all my life (ministry). through the passing months i have noticed certain groups isolating certain people... i guess with every group there will always be "clicks". i am by no means what some HIIC'ers classify old school
but i had a vision of getting more involvement of the "old guys" with the new guys. in due time i guess-

my comment on these matters- people meet where u can- its called fellowship. and thats what it is...nothing more. if it becomes drama then find somethin' else to do! i have limited time with my wife and daughter now so coming out to these unwind sessions has been limited...

i'll see you guys on thurs...

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*

Quick Reply: ATTN: Thursday Meet