ATTN: Thursday Meet

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 12:55 AM

Car Info: Subaru, Hummer, Cadillac, Buick, GMC, Previously Owned Vehicles
Cool ATTN: Thursday Meet

Ward will be the site of our next meet 11th.

Ohana Batting Cages the week following on the 19th from 5 - 10PM

Kapolei will be the next on the 25th.

Kaneohe will be the First week December 2, 2004

Waikele of December 9, 2004

* Ala Moana December 16, 2004. I know we've met there in the past and the 16th is one of the last Thursdays before Chirstmas. Maybe we can do a prank gift exchange, we can draw name etc. This is tentative, Please post!

** Wall Mart Keeamoku, I was thinking about on the 23rd for da SALES and am trying to work out parking with security THERE in the structure and Nick Augusta who is the General Manager of the Starbucks store there. This is just me thinking out loud, Please post!

Hope that this is satisfactory for everyone.... I tried to go back and forth

Aloha,

Nino

Last edited by ElNino; 11-08-2004 at 08:35 PM. Reason: More information.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:05 AM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon 2004
Somehow I think that this schedule will be boycotted. I kinda like the idea of only Aiea and Ward in rotation for every thursday. Like someone said, Aiea is central....and last time we had a big turnout
Old 11-08-2004, 01:55 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by suby_blitzer
Somehow I think that this schedule will be boycotted. I kinda like the idea of only Aiea and Ward in rotation for every thursday. Like someone said, Aiea is central....and last time we had a big turnout

agreed!! no offense to anyone else its just less comfussing and not that far from town, kapolei, and kaneohe its the central point.c'mon now i drive from kaneohe to manoa then to mililani then to ward or aiea (prefer's aiea) to meet up. its not like its a big deal its just less fighting and just about a neutral distance for almost everyone.

that's just my .02 cents
Old 11-08-2004, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by suby_blitzer
This last meet I personally called ....hmm... I would say at least 75% of them.

I'm not saying that made a difference... but at least 50% did have other plans...

If you have challenges maybe you could have brought it up at the meet. Maybe I was mistaken when I thought that a majority said go ahead and schedule the meets for the holiday season so that we can plan the meets and or be with family and wait for the next closer meet.

I hope that this will not be a challenge for any of you especially the 19th.

Aloha,

Nino.

PS Boycott is such a strong and negative language to use. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just want to get through the Holidays.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:03 AM

Okay, I take back the boycotted thing (I apologize if I offended anyone)....but the thing is that this is the Holiday season. And regardless, most of us I-Clubbers will have plans. It would be nice to have us I-Clubbers together for the Holidays.

I say we have it at Aiea and Ward (in rotation), because that's where I've seen the biggest turnout.
Kahala - 18 cars
Kaneohe - 15 cars (I heard before I arrived 12:00AM)
Ward - 27+ (Roughly)
Kapolei - 20
Aiea - 25 (I heard before I arrived)
Hawaii Kai - AVOIDED
Mililani - Not planned

Stats I thought I'd share

I have no objection to going around the island, however, I do usually have work on Thursdays and my work hours dont allow me to show up early....more like 11pm at the earliest. That's just me.

Best thing I think Nino is to take a poll on days and see where everyone stands on the issue. I understand the original reason why we meat on Thursdays was to plan tracks the next day. However, the I-club community jus grew within this year.

Id like to kno what everyone else thinks though. But thanks for thinking about us Nino.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by ElNino
This last meet I personally called ....hmm... I would say at least 75% of them.

I'm not saying that made a difference... but at least 50% did have other plans...

If you have challenges maybe you could have brought it up at the meet.
I would have said something Nino, If I didn't have to work till 10:45PM that day.

Last edited by suby_blitzer; 11-08-2004 at 03:32 AM.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Hey...I stopped trying to say where the meets are gonna be because I'm not coming to anything other than Ward.

Doesn't mean that I don't care it just means that I need to get my sleepage because of work and such.

However, I DO think that we should just straight up poll for each week starting on monday and to conclude on thursday at 3:00 PM...this way everyone has enough time to check the boards to see which place won. We've got a case of too many people trying to make the plan with only a small amount of say from the general group.

I've taken the liberty of starting the first poll for this week.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:17 AM

This will be my last on this matter...

So If no-one else post I will just assume that OUR holiday schedule will stand...

I will although keep an open mind to be a team player. Family and friends will be out of town and most of us will be on the road anyways. It willl probly be nice for our family and and friends to see our Island of Oahu via Starbuck/Jamba... Batting Cages...

I am no longer gonna force this issue, but I will sail where the boat goes. This way we don't have the same problem we had inthe past of where, w h e r e ? W H E R E ?

Aloha, from Waipahu,

This is Nino Camilo the Crazy Filipino signing off for the last time on this post in Waipahu!

El Nino
Old 11-08-2004, 09:56 AM

Car Info: cars
Here's my 2 cents on the issue.

1. On last Thursday's meet (Pearl Ridge) we discussed and voted on meets. Nino volunteered to make the schedule for the following month so everyone could plan ahead. As I recall, no one objected to this.
2. If you can't make it to the meets or its too far for you to drive, its okay. No one is obligated to come to each one. Come to the meets you can attend. And remember, some i-clubbers drive far to make the meets. Have some consideration when saying that you're not coming because its too far of a drive.

I hope I haven't offended anyone, but I'm just stating the facts as we discussed last week. I think that we should discuss this again this upcoming meet (Ward) so everyone can voice their opinions. If any of you can't make it and want to suggest something, PM me and I'll bring it up for you.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Perhaps we should've announced that we would be voting on such matters before we held the vote? In that case, I would've showed up to the last one

But oh well, at least we have one meet at ward coming up
Old 11-08-2004, 10:43 AM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Agreed. Wherever the meets are, it will be close for some, and far for others, which I don't understand since we all live on a puny island. For people like me, Infek, Keirnna, 04Sleeper, 808Subaru (and Crazy), Namakemono, Porshia, and others, we don't care where it is, we're there. Attend those that you can, and don't attend those you can't. Simple as that.

Personally, I'm fine w/the schedule that Nino posted. A lot of i-clubbers live a reasonable distance from each of the sites (except Julio).

I don't think this matter should have grown to as large as it did. I think we should just stick to the plan to avoid future confusion.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: "the loud one"
waikele is good for me.....
Old 11-08-2004, 12:24 PM

Car Info: 2008 Legacy 3.0R 3L H-6 RIP :( Hello 09 FXT!
i'm just gonna apoligize first. don't get offended anyone but....On last Thursday's meet (Pearl Ridge) we discussed and voted on meets. Nino volunteered to make the schedule for the following month so everyone could plan ahead. As I recall, no one objected to this!
imo, i think we do need someone to take charge for these meets during the upcoming holidays. it might cause less confusion and less stress finding out the last minute on where to go. wasn't the meets called Unwind Sessions before? nino i got your support right here. oh and i think that the next meet is fine.

no put downs pls but suggestions are cool with me.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:54 PM

Open minded and listening

I am in the same boat with all of you just wanting to wind down, Unwind.

So where you folks all are, I am there!!!! I love being the old man of the group, mybe I should change my user name to "POPS". He he he, you folks are ElNino and I am nothing without you!

As a team player!

Your servant,

Just ME "pops"
Old 11-08-2004, 08:01 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Hah! I jus gon call you "Uncle" already.

Quick Reply: ATTN: Thursday Meet