ATTN:: those subys who were drivin down H1 earlier...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 10:04 PM

Car Info: WRX
ahhaah....
Old 12-06-2005, 01:15 AM

Car Info: '97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
Originally Posted by Island Style
What I have problems with is when people get on this high horse to say how bad it is here...I can bet this same person has this attitude wherever they go...

There are bad drivers everywhere...
I agree, there are bad drivers everywhere. I've lived in New England for much of my driving life and have driven in NYC and Boston, both notorious for horrible driving, on countless occasions. I've dealt with the ridiculous traffic in the Hampton Roads, VA area. I've driven in the famous SoCal traffic. I've driven across country through the Midwest. I've lived in Orlando, FL, and dealt with the traffic there. Everywhere I've been there have been bad drivers. However, I can honestly say, without any doubt in my mind, that I've never encountered driving as poor as it is here. The basic driving level of knowledge among the driving public here is horrible. Entirely too many people can't figure out simple driving situations like how to merge, or how to navigate a 4-way stop sign. I'm convinced that a substantial portion of the traffic that I encounter here is due to the inability of much of the driving public to handle such basic situations. Nowhere else have I ever heard (routinely) on the radio traffic updates, "(Insert highway name here) is backed up all the way to (insert exit here) due to a stalled vehicle on the right shoulder." Wait, isn't the shoulder already out of the flow of traffic? So how could that possibly cause a 5mi backup on a 4 or 5 lane highway? I could go on and on citing specific examples of behavior I see every day here that I've either never encountered anywhere else or encountered much less frequently.

Originally Posted by Island Style
People need to learn to make the best of any situation they are in, if people learned this simple lesson in life, they would be much happier wherever they were...works for me...
That's why you're username is Island Style Maybe mine should be Intolerant New England Bastard or something like that , because I can't just grin and bear it. 7 days on island and counting.

Originally Posted by silver satin
Let one of these fawking dumb azzholes cause my wife to get in a accident I priomise I"ll fawk you up you can put money on it.
Wait, you're going to fawk me up because someone else caused an accident? That doesn't seem very fair!

I just shake my head when I read these types of threads because, when it comes right down to it, the two guys in question are not going to change the way they drive just because someone called them out on the local Subaru forum. I know because I'm someone who weaves in and out of traffic, does 120+mph on occasion, etc etc. I've gotten tickets all the way up to reckless driving, I've had people follow me to my destination to tell me how ****ed up I am, etc etc, but I still drive the way I drive. I'd guess that the two drivers that this thread started about are the same way. Oh, and I'll be perfectly happy to compare my accident history against most "safe/defensive" drivers.

Pat

Last edited by Patrick Olsen; 12-06-2005 at 01:18 AM.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:56 AM

Location: in the shopping cart with the lady from kam starbucks
Car Info: blue 04 STI
YEEESSSSS!!!! im loving it!! DRAMA: when people tell other people how to drive... damn..

PAY FOR MY CAR AND MY INSURANCE, AND I'LL BE GLAD TO DRIVE ON YOUR COMMAND!!

other than that, people should just drive however they like!!

Tom im not trying to put your thread down or anything. no one got hurt, and that's always good

-Drevis

SPREADING ALOHA
Old 12-06-2005, 07:10 AM

Being in ground assault convoy for three straight days here, and many other missions- driving will never be the same again for me, I sort of flinch , close my eyes, and thought of my love ones every time we pass on every pile of trash, vehicles, or anything that can hide IEDs on the road, even the local vehicles that’s approaching from the rear or front makes me nervous. Each time I just pray and hope that if it’s going to happen - just let it be quick and painless. Seven of our guys weren’t so lucky-, adding them to the numerous KIAs by IEDs here in Iraq. When I come home to Hawaii I will appreciate that traffic, and just smile at those inconsiderate yet luckiest drivers in the world (“street racers”). – should I whine about it? I think not- I’ll just enjoy and appreciate life for what it is and not to dwell on things that I can’t control.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:16 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by sub-sonic
Being in ground assault convoy for three straight days here, and many other missions- driving will never be the same again for me, I sort of flinch , close my eyes, and thought of my love ones every time we pass on every pile of trash, vehicles, or anything that can hide IEDs on the road, even the local vehicles that’s approaching from the rear or front makes me nervous. Each time I just pray and hope that if it’s going to happen - just let it be quick and painless. Seven of our guys weren’t so lucky-, adding them to the numerous KIAs by IEDs here in Iraq. When I come home to Hawaii I will appreciate that traffic, and just smile at those inconsiderate yet luckiest drivers in the world (“street racers”). – should I whine about it? I think not- I’ll just enjoy and appreciate life for what it is and not to dwell on things that I can’t control.

I feel you on that bro......Most of the people here will never know that feeling!
Old 12-06-2005, 07:17 AM

Car Info: Rust bucketo
^ I hope for the best man, please stay alert and come back alive.. Those sneaky terrorist uck'ers need to die..
Old 12-07-2005, 01:07 AM

Car Info: 2002 Legacy GT Wagon
I just shake my head when I read these types of threads because, when it comes right down to it, the two guys in question are not going to change the way they drive just because someone called them out on the local Subaru forum. I know because I'm someone who weaves in and out of traffic, does 120+mph on occasion, etc etc. I've gotten tickets all the way up to reckless driving, I've had people follow me to my destination to tell me how ****ed up I am, etc etc, but I still drive the way I drive. I'd guess that the two drivers that this thread started about are the same way. Oh, and I'll be perfectly happy to compare my accident history against most "safe/defensive" drivers.
Worst case scenario - You get into an accident with someone driving that way and you kill and or paralyze someone. Sure, the chances of it happening are minor, but I figure why take the chances on public streets? Seems awful selfish to me that you get your personal speed pleasure at everyone else's safety expense, but that's just my thing. If you're gonna take full responsibility of the worst case scenario, then by all means, drive how you want. I don't feel like having that kind of thing on my conscience, so I'm gonna play it safe.

Last edited by Psycholis; 12-07-2005 at 01:09 AM.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:15 AM

Car Info: JB WRX, AW STi, JB STi - 04's-
Originally Posted by sub-sonic
enough said. "people stop *****ing like girls, and suck it up. and not to dwell on things that U can’t control.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:41 AM

Car Info: easystreet's ESX 344 Stage 4 Dyno Tuned
Talking

the wheels on my bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels on my bus go round, so early in the morning!!
Old 12-07-2005, 02:53 AM

Car Info: 02 wrx sedan light mod
local drivers do suck.....how about slow cars keep right and stuff like that.......not this is hawaii bra..... living the aloha bra......give me a break, only a few more months on this rock then its back to the real world. can't hardly wait
Old 12-07-2005, 02:53 AM

Car Info: 04 Toyota Tacoma
Originally Posted by esx344dreams04
the wheels on my bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels on my bus go round, so early in the morning!!
"I'm just calling to let you know that your BMW is due for an oil change."
Old 12-07-2005, 03:02 AM

Car Info: easystreet's ESX 344 Stage 4 Dyno Tuned
Red face

Originally Posted by kumaWRX
"I'm just calling to let you know that your BMW is due for an oil change."
scratching head.....ummm, i dont get it, i was actually talking about my tour bus i drive all day, i dont have a BMW, i know its a joke and its lat as hell so maybe ill get it tomorow morning
Old 12-07-2005, 04:19 AM

Car Info: 04 Toyota Tacoma
Originally Posted by esx344dreams04
scratching head.....ummm, i dont get it, i was actually talking about my tour bus i drive all day, i dont have a BMW, i know its a joke and its lat as hell so maybe ill get it tomorow morning
It's kind of an inside joke. It was from the BMW commercial where this guy is singing that song you wrote above and a BMW person calls him and reminds him that he needs an oil change. It'll all make sense when you see that commercial