ATTN:: those subys who were drivin down H1 earlier...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 06:51 AM

Car Info: 05 STi WR Blue - K&N Typhoon - Helix Downpipe - HKS Carbon Ti - Cobb Accessport
just chill!!!

but yea, i definitely can't wait to get to Fort Bragg, NC this summer.. hopefully people can drive down there
Old 12-04-2005, 09:51 AM

Car Info: 2006 STI, Grey
oh man
Old 12-04-2005, 09:08 PM

Car Info: VIPER/STEALTH/E55
I have passed a car on H-1 going kind of fast before but I have left a lane or two open betwenn me and them. I don't do that **** in traffic. 4a.m. there really is no one out there especialy on a weekend.

Gus//
Old 12-04-2005, 10:06 PM

Car Info: 2002 Legacy GT Wagon
K. Straight up, I don't think the time of day, the place or the circumstances matter at all. If you're going 100+ on the freeway, you deserve a ticket. Period. My friend was doing 97 on the freeway with no cars around at all and he paid out the *** for it. License suspension, a pricey ticket, perma on the bad list AND has to go to driver training. He's the greatest guy on the planet and he's my best friend in the world, but you know what - *He deserved it*. Suck it up and take the ticket.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: black pearl sti
Originally Posted by Psycholis
K. Straight up, I don't think the time of day, the place or the circumstances matter at all. If you're going 100+ on the freeway, you deserve a ticket. Period. My friend was doing 97 on the freeway with no cars around at all and he paid out the *** for it. License suspension, a pricey ticket, perma on the bad list AND has to go to driver training. He's the greatest guy on the planet and he's my best friend in the world, but you know what - *He deserved it*. Suck it up and take the ticket.
I applaud your embracement of the Big Brother attitude. You probably think the Patriot Act is 100% a good thing too.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:21 AM

Car Info: JB WRX, AW STi, JB STi - 04's-
well the other day i was drving "speed limit" with a 2 of my friends & gf in my car going to wallace theathers, then as im at the stop light a bunch of teens "my age" roll in a bmw next to me and give me stink eye and sticked middle finger @ me? I was like wtf? so i rolled my windows up and they were still sticking their heads out of the window and sticking middle finger @ me... basically its like wtf and some people have no lives "sorry i had to complain about something since u guys were.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:55 AM

Car Info: Aspen White 03 BES
havent had anyone come forward, but it has been interesting to hear the different opinions....flyguy, you get where im comin from now?
Old 12-05-2005, 11:25 AM

Car Info: 06 sti
you should post on fh if you really want to find these people.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:05 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Good luck...

Originally Posted by flyguy3663
just chill!!!

but yea, i definitely can't wait to get to Fort Bragg, NC this summer.. hopefully people can drive down there
I've driven in both South and North Carolina...please don't make it sound like Hawaii's drivers are that bad...with all the retirees down there that think they own the road...and the NASCAR followers with their loud a$$ v8's???...you think you're going to a "better driving" state? Please...

Last edited by Island Style; 12-05-2005 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:49 PM

Car Info: 2002 Legacy GT Wagon
Originally Posted by ftnssn
I applaud your embracement of the Big Brother attitude. You probably think the Patriot Act is 100% a good thing too.
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:04 PM

Car Info: 2001 BRP RSTi
Originally Posted by Island Style
I've driven in both South and North Carolina...please don't make it sound like Hawaii's drivers are that bad...with all the retirees down there that think they own the road...and the NASCAR followers with their loud a$$ v8's???...you think you're going to a "better driving" state? Please...
Im with you Brent, I just came from Charleston SC and I have driven up and down that area, and they have some of the worst drivers I have ever seen! Hawaii has its bad ones, especially when it comes to merging, but nothing beats the "southern shuffle" as I like to call it.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
I was a Marine, I lived in Hawaii. If you are not on base you don't have any more pull than any other American. You already have broken the law by running those plates. I hate how almost every MP I have met thinks he is gods gift to the law. When I lived in Hawaii I knew people who would drive even faster by MP's just to make you mad. I never did that. I really think you need to stay out of these peoples business, and forget about what you see of base in a police sence. If you want to report something call 911 at the time, don't try to be all sneaky about it.

Like everyone else said, Hawaii is the only place I have ever lived where poeple are so worried about how others drive.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:05 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Were you in the Air Force there?

Originally Posted by darksurfer81
Im with you Brent, I just came from Charleston SC and I have driven up and down that area, and they have some of the worst drivers I have ever seen! Hawaii has its bad ones, especially when it comes to merging, but nothing beats the "southern shuffle" as I like to call it.
I was stationed at Shaw AFB in Sumter South Carolina...nice base and nice people...I really liked it there...but I think it is Hwy 78 or Hwy 378? This little stretch between Columbia SC and Myrtle Beach...suppose to be one of the worst for automobile related deaths...

Not trying to knock the South or anything...like I said, I lived there for 3 years and never had any trouble at all...the people there were all friendly and nice...

What I have problems with is when people get on this high horse to say how bad it is here...I can bet this same person has this attitude wherever they go...People need to learn to make the best of any situation they are in, if people learned this simple lesson in life, they would be much happier wherever they were...works for me...

I had a few close calls on the hwys there like I have here...you are right...nutty drivers everywhere...my worst one was when I had my FZR-600...car pulls out in front of me (going about 60mph), and there is gravel on the road....talk about sh!tting my pants....saved that one...luckily, I drive defensively...and knew for some reason this guy was going to pull out without looking...

There are bad drivers everywhere...
Old 12-05-2005, 09:47 PM

Car Info: WRX
I was heading up towards Schofield this morning and a white 04/05 STI got inches from hitting me and was going around 95-105mph in and out of traffic.....come on man....people are just trying to get to work...plus there was a bunch of traffic man......just think of others and not yourself....
Old 12-05-2005, 09:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Originally Posted by aznsensation18
I was heading up towards Schofield this morning and a white 04/05 STI got inches from hitting me and was going around 95-105mph in and out of traffic.....come on man....people are just trying to get to work...plus there was a bunch of traffic man......just think of others and not yourself....
Just get big blake daddy to beat him up...

Quick Reply: ATTN:: those subys who were drivin down H1 earlier...