ATTN: silver satin

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 10:57 PM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
silver satin,

can you post them or pm me? Or better yet, we can get together and do them at once.

San
Old 01-16-2004, 11:04 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
http://www.fastwrx.com/ensusbuskit.html

Hey Mach5WRX, Here is the link for the complete bushing kit The only thing is the kit is for a WRX I'm not sure if the sway bars are a different size and if the front control arm mounting points and rear trailing arms are different. I sent them a message to see if not I am positive that Energy Suspension will be coming out with a kit for the STI if this one won't work.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:46 AM

If someone is going to order the whiteline steering rack bushings, let me know. I'd like to get as well and will split the shipping cost.

Dan,

I'll take some pictures later today and post up.

BTW, I actually had most of the bushings back when I had the wagon as they came with the STi rear sway bar kit for the wagon. The only thing I had installed was the front control arm bushings, rear sway bar and sway bar mounts. I sold the Group N bushings for the links (since I bought the pinks) and I gave away the rear subframe bushings (those things were solid metal).
Old 01-17-2004, 12:00 PM

mehlt, Dan and I have already ordered them. Shipping is free from Oakes.com..if says Hawaii included. So no need to worry about that.

1- Take the jack plate off with the four 12mm bolts that hold it.
2- Two lines are clamped to the rack with one 10mm bolt just adjacent to the passenger-side steering rack bushing. Remove that 10mm bolt so they can be freely moved.
3- Take the two 14mm bolts off the passenger-side steering rack bracket.
4- Pull the bushing out and replace it with the whiteline/noltec part, but don't put the bracket back in place yet.
5- Remove the two 14mm bolts from the driver's side bracket.
6- You will need to be careful, but you can pull the bracket off if you can pull the two lines that you freed (with the 10mm bolt) away from the rack. The rack will move freely, so push it up while you pull the lines down, and then the bracket will come off.
7- Grab the driver's side bushing and pull the bottom half down, while pushing up on the upper half with a screw driver or prybar. It will come out with some effort, and you can move the steering rack a little to coax it out.
8- Grab the new bushing and orient it so that the split end is facing straight up. The original bushing's open end would have been facing forward or backward with respect to the car, but the new one goes in much easier by opening it and clamping it aroung the rack facing straight up. I had to use my prybar to get it to go into place right. That's the trick- changint the orientation of the bushing to make it easier to put in.
9- Replace the driver's side clamp and secure it with the 14mm bolts; Then the passenger side and then the 10mm bolt that holds the two lines to the rack; lastly, the jackplate.
10- I just remembered: don't forget to lube the bushings before you put them in!

Got these from the link mehlt supplied. Will follow them when I do mine just to see if they are good they should help if anything.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:25 PM

Picture of pillowball bushing from lateral link (pinks):
Attached Thumbnails ATTN: silver satin-pillowball.jpg  
Old 01-17-2004, 06:26 PM

Picture of Group N bushing from other end of the same lateral link
Attached Thumbnails ATTN: silver satin-group-n.jpg  
Old 01-17-2004, 06:27 PM

Bushing from trailing link
Attached Thumbnails ATTN: silver satin-rear-link.jpg  
Old 01-17-2004, 06:31 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Thanks for the pictures!
Old 01-17-2004, 06:32 PM

Originally posted by silver satin
mehlt, Dan and I have already ordered them. Shipping is free from Oakes.com..if says Hawaii included. So no need to worry about that.
I just ordered. Let me know how the install goes. Probably won't do until after March when I do the rest of my suspension stuff.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:35 PM

Originally posted by Mach5WRX
Thanks for the pictures!
No problem and you can probably see my pink springs in the background.

Okay, done post whoring for the day.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:05 PM

This might be a dumb question but besides the bushings what is the advantage to the STI Pink lateral links over the stock ones. If you replace all the bushing that the STI pink lateral link and trailing arm kits replace it's half the price of the pink stuff. All the Noltec bushing's plus a couple more is $332.00 replaces trailing arm and lateral link bushings etc. STI Pink parts $635.00 If bushings are the only difference I'm gonna get the Noltec and replace them my self if I am wrong then the STI pink parts are in the future I just want to make sure I'm not buying something just for looks.

Last edited by silver satin; 01-17-2004 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:18 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
I think If Farid can't get me the pink parts, I'm just going to switch out my bushings.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:26 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Originally posted by Mach5WRX
I think if money can't get me the pink parts, I'm just going to switch teams.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:33 PM

Other then the bushings and color there are no other advantages. Just depends on what kind of bushings you want. If you just want hardened bushings then that would be the cheaper route versus the pillowball bushings.
You may want to do some searching though to see how hard it is to press the bushings out/in.
Old 01-18-2004, 02:37 AM

It's all about mind over matter and what's in my mind dosen't matter. My dad always said if you learn to do things the hard way, it ain't hard anymore...I'm willing to bet they won't be too hard to get out I hope. Did you notice a big difference when you put the Pink lateral links on your wagon?? Was there a huge difference over stock that made the $$ worth spending on them because if they are worth it then I'll just get the STI pink lateral links and trailing arms if not then the bushings are coming out. My real question is are they worth it or are you just paying for some stock bits painted pink because I'm not rich so where I can save money I'd like to save it. The pilow ball are probably not as stiff as polyurthane would be..

Quick Reply: ATTN: silver satin