Attn: Russ

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 09:38 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Attn: Russ

Hey Russ!
I've got a few questions for you.

First is about your exhaust hangers. When you put in your Nur-spec touring exhaust, what hangers did you use? Did you modify the ones on the exhuast themselves? When I put on my Borla Hush, I used Kartboy long hangers, but the exhaust tips still sat really close to the bumper, melting it a little.

Next is about the rear swaybar. Are the upgraded endlinks a requirement for the STi rear sway bar? I hear that those w/lowered suspensions do not experience as many bent endlinks as those who keep their stock ride height, probably because the new, lowered ride height is close to that of the actual STi (or in my case, exactly the height of an STi).

Also, do you have strut tower braces on your FXT? If so, do they make a noticable difference with the handling? Does the brand of the bars make a big difference or is it mainly for bling factor?

Thanks in advance for any help you can off, Russ. Muchly appreciated!

--Josh
Old 07-07-2005, 10:39 PM

Hey Josh. We modified the hangers on the exhaust and used stock hangers. My bumper gets black (ha!ha!) but not burnt.

You don't need anything special to use the STi factory sway. I just bolted mine on.

I don't have any strut braces, but if I was autoxing again I would definately install them. If you want function over form, then it doesn't matter what brand you get...they all work.

btw, I was impressed by the way you drove that "multi-use vehicle" at SCCA! haha!