Attn: Newbs! Yes you

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Registered Mustachio

Car Info: 2004 wrx wagon
Originally Posted by shaggadelic
you from hawaii newb?

Hahaha noooope. Didn't realize this was a Hawaii thread until you said that, lol I just clicked here from the new posts. I'm in Cali, Pacific ocean love!

/newb
Old 02-20-2013, 05:18 PM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
My wife was so excited to start waving at other subys when she took over the wrx, but 90% of the people she comes across either don't wave or give her a "wtf" look.

Funny thing is when she does get a rare wave, she isn't used to it and doesn't react in time.

It would be nice for the waves to become common again.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:53 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
Originally Posted by shaggadelic
Sheeeeeeet you 2 are older then me!!! but i still teach you oldies some new tricks!
I will learn nothing from you until you have passed 5th grade grammar. I have spoken.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:08 PM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
I do remember as if it was decades ago that us HIII hung out for various reasons like install days, bbq's, or just hanging out and talk story. Remember the turnout that we had at Ryan's house in the Leeward side for an install day?

Face it, when we all bought our cars, it was completely new to all of us. Parts were trickling in week by week. I remember when everyone had a Blitz Nur Spec at one point and either a HKS SSQV, GFB, or TurboXS RFL. Then, the amazement on how much gains there was by just an uppipe and a stage 2 tune.

Since the car has been out forever, we all no longer share that excitement. I can see that excitement in the BRZ/FRS crowd now, but even theirs will be short lived when people get used to it.

I stopped waving to people about the last year I had my WRX and that's because I never got waves back. Hell, I even got a finger back at me by some military dude with mainland plates. When I sold my WRX, it was kind of a bittersweet moment. After all, I did sell it to a 18 year old kid that wrecked the car a week after. But that goes to show, how common it is now.

I'm just here for the old friends and the drama now.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:21 PM

Car Info: 2013 DGM Subaru WRX Limited
Is it more common for locals or military to not wave back?

It intrigued me because I am wondering if military would be more adaptable to this custom then locals.

PS.. Not slamming anyone lol.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:05 PM

Car Info: 06 Subaru WRX STI
i didnt fully read everyones post. but so far all the subies i see all shaka or waive or the wassup nod. no stink eyes or anything. but there was this one black 06 wrx that didnt even wanna look at me. looked like a young *** kid. but ah oh well thats just one.

this subie club is alot much more welcoming than other clubs. i was once a G35driver member and all those mthafckas wouldnt even waive or anything like they think their g's are much more worthy.

i love i-club.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:23 PM

Car Info: S14
I noticed this when I had my wagon, no one ever threw the Shaka or deuces during the time I had my wagon. So I sold it.......well that and wanted to save for a house
Old 02-20-2013, 07:28 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
A few years ago, II once waved to a military guy in a WRB WRX on the H1, all he did was look @ me with a WTF look.... Soooo, that was awkward, being the person that I am, I thought to myself well let's take this awkwardness up a notch, I sped up and got right next to him, my blow off valve going off. He looked over again and I was waving both my hands in the air like the Harlem shake all while giving the most stupid mental retard smile. It broke the ice, he Shaka back..... Great success!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:05 PM

Car Info: 1989 Honda Civic, 11ʻ R1 & 09ʻ GSXR600
Originally Posted by 04sleeper
yea cuz people either think a 10 yr old kid stole a bike or they just saw kevin hart.
wow....Kevin Hart
Old 02-20-2013, 09:20 PM

Car Info: 2003 Subaru Wrx
Originally Posted by keonigt

It intrigued me because I am wondering if military would be more adaptable to this custom then locals.

Im military, i think that everyone should feel the pride and give the signs when your rollin in any subaru. When im rolling on base and when i see another wrx/sti i always give the greeting, even if they cant see me. those mf who give the stink eye are the ones who should be driving honda's and ****.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:30 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by keonigt

Naw I think it depends on the person and why they bought the car....

I remember pulling over and just talking to other new owners back when I had my bugeye (good ol days!) and Arizona was luckily pretty good on the wave back Suby to Suby and all AWD's had a pretty good community. Made the mistake last friday of saying wassup to the evo guys here....
Since Ive been here Ive only gotten a handfull of waves/shakas back....meh for me its habit now, cant stop! lol
Old 02-20-2013, 09:48 PM

Car Info: 07' SG FXT
haha us fozzy's get no love out there! I gotta stop in the middle of the road sometimes just to get friends notice its me infront them!
Old 02-20-2013, 10:17 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
Originally Posted by arghtwo
haha us fozzy's get no love out there! I gotta stop in the middle of the road sometimes just to get friends notice its me infront them!
you must be doing it wrong....i always got love in my fozzys.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:19 PM

Car Info: 2003 Subaru Wrx
i havent seen any that i can think of lol
Old 02-20-2013, 10:24 PM

Car Info: 07' SG FXT
Originally Posted by 04sleeper
you must be doing it wrong....i always got love in my fozzys.
LOL its bone stock right now...

Quick Reply: Attn: Newbs! Yes you