ATTN: HIIC HPD or Hoppie

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 04:38 PM

Car Info: Storme..
ATTN: HIIC HPD or Hoppie

i had a pretty interesting run in with somebody on the H1 today..

this late model white toyota camry seemed to be tailing me a little too close on the h1 going east today.. i didnt think anything of it.. considering most people who do that end up switching lanes to get further ahead anyway..

but for some reason traffic wasnt to his advantage so he's still on my tail.. like he's in a hurry..

when traffic clears up.. he's still tailing me.. not as close as before.. and didnt seem like he was in a rush.. maybe he just likes to drive fast.. but as he got closer (though lanes were already clear) i tapped my brake 3 times to let him know he was starting to tailgate.... and he continues..

then all of a sudden he punches around me and cuts in front of me.. got to be at least going 90+. as soon as that happens i punch it also to follow this guy.. nearly rear ending him because at one point he jammed the brakes.. all the way to the kahala exit which i was planning on exiting in the first place.. when we get to the light.. he gets out of the car and seems very mad..

he's holding some business card and wearing those novelty HPD shirts that you might see at satelite city hall.. i didnt get to see the business card because his thumb was over all the wording.. but he was showing it to me like a badge..

"why you driving like that fo' ah?"

"what are you talking about??? why are YOU driving like that?"

"you shouldnt be driving like that, i should arrest you right now" (brings the business card closer)

"no YOU shouldnt be driving like that.. i tapped my brakes while you were tailgating me.. you know it"

"you shouldnt be driving like that" (gets into his car and goes off)

he looked like a local type guy with glasses and short curly hair.. know who this is?
Old 07-05-2005, 04:49 PM

Car Info: car
stupid guy.... i had a older camry tailgate the hell out of me on my way to keehi lagoon while i was driving speed limit. he kept going at it for a couple blocks, tapped my brakes he did it more. as we got to a intersection, he pulled up on the side to make a right turn. some chubby asian guy, arm over the steering wheel, gangster pose, giving me stink eye. man some people just pick on others for no reason..
Old 07-05-2005, 04:49 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
same incident that someone else had... just some idiot trying to cause trouble. call 911 next time and get his license plate and you can find out for sure that way.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:04 PM

arent you supposed to show a badge? not a business card?
Old 07-05-2005, 05:09 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
yup... that's why it's a crock of ****!

Jon
Old 07-05-2005, 05:11 PM

ahh could have got him for impersonation....
Old 07-05-2005, 05:22 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
next time get license plate and call 911...
Old 07-05-2005, 05:31 PM

Car Info: 04 Toyota Tacoma
lostUNCERTAIN- Some people are just too dumb to even bother with. Their IQ is just too low for help, they just look for trouble because they have nothing better to do. Just be happy you're not a POS like the dude tailing you or whatever. Next time, call 911 like the others mentioned.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:52 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
here comes gdogg da preacha man... jus be careful... in reality we have no idea what "these people" may be packing... taking things into your own hands means that you must handle the situation if it escalates...... now are you really prepared to handle the situation if the dude just happens to be going through a divorce, pissed off, and you may just be the one guy to tip him off... worse case scenario packing a gun....

i know these are extreme scenarios...but we cannot honestly say that they won't or haven't happened.... you guys remember the solo bike(police officer) that was hospitalized after a shootout several years back... and it was a routine traffic stop....

just my word of advice..... along with everyone elses.... call 911 and let them handle it. you just never know who is behind that wheel or what they have been through that day....

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 07-05-2005, 06:01 PM

Car Info: 04 Toyota Tacoma
Yeah, gdogg, that's what I meant to say lol. Bottom line... It aint worth it, try to let it go the best you can. Before I used to get pissed when ppl tail me, or cut me off, or various other a$$hole-esque activities. Now I just let it go cuz it aint worth dying for (in the worst possible scenario).
Old 07-05-2005, 06:11 PM

gotcha greg.. just gotta laugh it off i guess
Old 07-06-2005, 02:47 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
some ppl don't say what lane they were in.. and i think that's part of the factor. if you're in the far left lane (aka. fast lane ) and not passing anyone, then [ludacris] MOVE! Get out the way [/ludacris]... -- i dont care if u're going the speed limit.. i'd hate to be blocked if i was in a hurry for some emergency.

or if i see someone in a hurry and i can get out the way.. i shift over, and let them be laser bait.

that don't mean that i don't 'block' ppl when i'm in other lanes.. if i'm in the far right and u don't like my cruisin' speed.. then go around.. or if i see an ***-hat driving jacked-up and i can 'box' them in with the use of another car.. then i jus might. depends if i'm being a ***** or not.

pass on the left, cruise on the right..... i'm pretty sure most ppl dont realize what the sign "Slower traffic keep right" means

oh, and i'm glad no physical altercation happened..
Old 07-06-2005, 02:58 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
yeah there are all kinds of stopid drivers out there. this weekend a woman ran a stop sign in waikele while i was turning left after i had stopped, and she was honking her horn and yelling. i honked my horn and yelled that she ran a stop sign. she was going so fast, and when she saw me turning left she floored the gas at me. just be careful out there, people are crazy, and it's not worth getting shot at by some tard with a gun...
Old 07-06-2005, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by WRX_FLIP
some ppl don't say what lane they were in.. and i think that's part of the factor. if you're in the far left lane (aka. fast lane ) and not passing anyone, then [ludacris] MOVE! Get out the way [/ludacris]... -- i dont care if u're going the speed limit.. i'd hate to be blocked if i was in a hurry for some emergency.

or if i see someone in a hurry and i can get out the way.. i shift over, and let them be laser bait.

that don't mean that i don't 'block' ppl when i'm in other lanes.. if i'm in the far right and u don't like my cruisin' speed.. then go around.. or if i see an ***-hat driving jacked-up and i can 'box' them in with the use of another car.. then i jus might. depends if i'm being a ***** or not.

pass on the left, cruise on the right..... i'm pretty sure most ppl dont realize what the sign "Slower traffic keep right" means

oh, and i'm glad no physical altercation happened..
well i guess that's what i was told by Justin (04sleeper) too..

i WAS in the left lane.. so i guess maybe i wasnt going fast enough.. i was always taught to flow with traffic.. i was at around 65 already in a 50mph zone...

just trying to drive the right way man..
Old 07-06-2005, 03:09 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
I'm just glad nothing serious happened. I box ppl in too sometimes... teach them a lesson...

Quick Reply: ATTN: HIIC HPD or Hoppie