ATTN: Hawaii i-club S2K owners.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 11:07 AM

Car Info: 2007 7.0RS
i love mine dude...i'm keeping the M3 and have the z06 on order, so power isnt an issue...i think it makes a great "fun" car...and is relatively cheap- compared to the Z4s, slk's and boxters...

i love that the top drops in a few seconds...instant fun in the sun...and the weather here makes owning a convertible worth it...it's also pretty sporty- not bad for a 4 cylinder 2 seater...power is okay, and is made up top...it'll be disappointing coming from your STI, which has a lot of torque...hearing the motor scream to 9k rpms (8k for 04+) is unreal...and there's that little oomph of vtec when you hit 6k...shifter is awesome...handling is pretty nice too (mine tends to kick the *** out a lot though- mismatched tires on the car)...but the PIMP factor is there...i get a lot of looks and comments while driving it...and a few female friends of mine have given me thier "oohs and ahhhs" about the car...the wimmens adore the white on red leather ...also, knowing it's a reliable honda...

cons- the soft top...as with any vert, security is an issue...trunk space is minimal...the blind spots like wes mentioned...i also cant get a good position for heel-toe with the stock pedals...radio isnt the greatest, but it's okay...ride is slightly less rough than an STI...

i bought mine just to have a sporty convertible...and it fits the bill perfectly...if you can afford it, do it...i plan on keeping mine for a VERY long time...i paid 1k more for a honda certified warranty which will end in the middle of 2009...

keep driving one and make an informed decision dan...and if you buy an 04 or 05, i'll buy your stock rims/tires from you
Old 12-27-2004, 11:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
^^^Holy crap...nice car collection!

Have you tried a Boxster yet? I know it's further up the price range but, having driven both, the boxster is lightyears ahead of the S2000. Way more useable engine and better ergonomics...plus I bet the Porsche will prove to be better cat nip (sp) than the Honda. Just my opinion...both are great though :banana:
Old 12-27-2004, 11:31 AM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Originally Posted by poser

keep driving one and make an informed decision dan...and if you buy an 04 or 05, i'll buy your stock rims/tires from you
Thanks, I found a used 04 w/4165 miles....white w/tan interior. The owner can't afford it anymore. I don't like the tan interior, but for the deal I may get........I can change the pieces out over time.
Old 12-27-2004, 02:04 PM

S2000 + supercharger + STi driver = unbeatable

Last edited by el toro; 12-27-2004 at 02:23 PM.
Old 12-27-2004, 02:16 PM
Angry Dan

Originally Posted by el toro
S2000 + supercharger
That's the plan
Old 12-27-2004, 02:24 PM

what about this?

or this?

annnnnnnnd!

buwahahahahahahahahahaha

Last edited by el toro; 12-27-2004 at 02:35 PM.
Old 12-27-2004, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by bpang1
^^^Holy crap...nice car collection!

Have you tried a Boxster yet? I know it's further up the price range but, having driven both, the boxster is lightyears ahead of the S2000.
no, never driven the boxster...i did try the z3 and slk 32 though...the boxster is nice, but it doesnt appeal to me too much...just the way it looks...and with my experience on the prices for parts and labor on a german car, i wanted something cheaper to maintain

and with the boxster, from what i read there is no access to the engine...so oil changes are a dealer responsibility...and porsche prices (for parts/maintenance) are fooking insane...

DAN- i agree dude...i dont like the white on tan...doesnt look good...try and see if you can switch with someone who has a black car, then you'd be white on black and he'd be black on tan; which are both better looking color combos than what the factory offers...

also, i'm sure you did already, but check out the forums at

http://www.s2ki.com/home/

lots of good info there...

ps- when you get your car, i want your stock rims
Old 12-27-2004, 02:42 PM
Angry Dan

ps- when you get your car, i want your stock rims
Hell no the stock 04/05 S2k wheels ROCK!!!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2004, 10:10 PM
Angry Dan

120hp per 1000cc The VE on the head rocks!
Old 12-27-2004, 10:39 PM

you look so cute with the red leather!

but the PIMP factor is there...i get a lot of looks and comments while driving it...and a few female friends of mine have given me thier "oohs and ahhhs" about the car...the wimmens adore the white on red leather
Old 12-27-2004, 10:40 PM

Car Info: '04 STI
I know someone who might be selling his supercharged NSX...although it is a '92. It is cherry but I don't know that mileage. Rumors might be that he is selling his other cars along with his NSX to pick up a Gillardo...is that how you spell that car???
Old 12-27-2004, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by mini-t
you look so cute with the red leather!
whatever helps me get those panties dropped i'm no richard...

my date last week, was like, "ooooh, RED leather..." while stroking it (the car) with her fingers...
Old 12-28-2004, 01:56 AM

hmmm....i guess this means you have more stories for me, eh?

red with silverstone is hot! our little baby (the cute dog) loved riding the s2k with the wind blowing through her hair!

whatever helps me get those panties dropped i'm no richard...

my date last week, was like, "ooooh, RED leather..." while stroking it (the car) with her fingers...
Old 12-28-2004, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by mini-t
hmmm....i guess this means you have more stories for me, eh?
yup...lots more stories
Old 12-28-2004, 06:47 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Originally Posted by Mach5WRX
Slow is smooth....smooth is fast!
Alright, Ranger. Spoken like a true building clearing guru.

Originally Posted by STIAV8TOR
I know someone who might be selling his supercharged NSX...although it is a '92. It is cherry but I don't know that mileage. Rumors might be that he is selling his other cars along with his NSX to pick up a Gillardo...is that how you spell that car???
NSX! NSX! NSX! NSX!

Dan, I think the S2k is a fabulous car as is. Please don't throw any rice crap on the exterior. A SC would be nice, though.

Would you buy a used NSX if the price were right? I think that that would be nice as well.

What about a '95 or newer 240sx? Looks pretty and a lot of potential. Convertible, too, if that's what you're interested in.

Hey, I'm about to send you another PM.

Quick Reply: ATTN: Hawaii i-club S2K owners.......