ATTN: Everyone gdogg needs a hug.......

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 04:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Originally posted by aznsexrboy808
ahh... I'm in the same position as gdogg or something. I'm afraid to post or attend meets because I feel kinda left out and stuff. I am part of the younger ones in HIIC and often feel that I don't fit in. It's hard to talk with people because I don't know much about subarus yet. I'm also afraid to attend install days because I feel that I have nothing to contribute. I feel welcomed, but inferior because of like my lack of knowledge. I would like to meet everyone sometime and hopefully become friends with all you great people. I have a lot to learn and I hope and know that you all will be there to guide me. You all are a bunch of great guys (I know it) and I hope the best for everyone in HIIC. Oh yea, Happy New Year everyone!!!!!
It's all in the attitude, partner. You've got the right one. You don't need parts or knowledge to go to an install day. You don't have to race to go to the track. But if you go, you meet us and everyone becomes familiar. That's not to say that you still won't need thick skin on the board, just don't post stupid stuff like I do.
Old 01-03-2004, 03:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
OK, last year after I got my WRX, I was the new guy on the board. I posted about racing this Honda up H-2 and got FLAMED. MY feelings were hurt, and I thought that everyone was out to get me. But then I went out (very timidly) to HRP for drag night and met some of the guys and found out they were cool. They were the same guys who tore me a new one for posting about street racing. Then I went to an auto-x and met some other guys, one of whom had REALLY gotten on my case online. HE was totally cool, and he and I are still good friends. Then I decided to go to last years TFT cruise. I posted up and met Dan/Mach5WRX/Angry Dan and found out that he was really cool. Another guy that had made fun of me (at least a little bit at the time, much more in the future) was Sean. Later, after I met him, he turned out to be one of the most knowledgable and willing-to-help guys out there.

The best advice I can give is have a thick skin on here. IF we haven't met you, then we (at least me) naturally think your a punk and will treat you as such if you come on with (perceptably) a punk attitude. IT's hard to judge online.

If you decide that this place is too much for you, I'd suggest coming out to an install day or auto-x. Why? Because it is a LOT more close-knit than tft. TFT is great, but it is BIG by nature and you meet a LOT of new people and don't REALLY get to know them.

Go out to drag nights. Go out to auto-x. Go out to install days. This is where you meet people and you get street cred, so to speak.

If you don't have the time for these events, then perhaps i-club should become a place where you get technical knowledge an that is all. Making friends takes a lot of work and time and effort. Some of us have the luxury to be able to do that, others do not. Just do not simply expect to show up and be respected unless you bring with you something worthwhile to share. Hard truth? Perhaps.
-Greg
Old 01-03-2004, 10:18 PM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
It takes time to learn the attitudes of HIIC but once you get to know us, we're nice people. Alot of times new people just don't understand we're more of an easy going, less serious but wholy sarcastic group. I met you gdogg while at the TFT's cruise and you were sitting on the same table as I, you're cool, just remember that the more involved you are, the more we get to know you.
Old 01-03-2004, 11:32 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Originally posted by Ditchhanger
Just relax dude...you aren't the evil a$$ of the group all by yourself...
I know...it's me, Nolimit and Rexstang.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:10 AM

Originally posted by Mach5WRX
I know...it's me, Nolimit and Rexstang.
No, your not quite evil enough. Your semi-evil, your quasi-evil, your the margarine of evil, your the diet coke of evil, just one calorie, not "evil" enough.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:17 AM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
NASIOC Forums
Members: 43,444, Threads: 461,353, Posts: 5,113,774
Welcome to our newest member, gdogg

^
l
l
l
l
l
Does he think that he'll get a warmer welcome on "Flamesioc"?

Last edited by Mach5WRX; 01-04-2004 at 12:32 AM.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
I split my time pretty evenly on Nasioc.

As far as Flamesioc, I guess the sorts of posts I put on there don't merit anyone's wrath. I haven't ever had much of a problem.

Why in the hell did you get banned from here?
Old 01-07-2004, 07:58 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
(ok, I know this is late, ... but I've been gone for 2 weeks )

wow, .... we gotta make a sticky or something for "Don't Be Afraid, ... or at least very afraid" or something for all the n00bs.

How many times have n00b's come on here and felt like 'outsiders'? Maybe we're too harsh?? I really don't think so, ... there HAS to be some kind of structure to all the madness!

So anyway, .... to ANY n00b, ... try and come out to the install parties or whatever. You Don't have to know how to do anything!! I promise! You'll learn more with the hands-on experience than you ever could online, ... and sooner than you think, ... you'll be helping out just like everyone else has done.

Cheers
Sean
(the other evil guy )
Old 01-07-2004, 10:08 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
I too was the new guy for awhile, then just basically stopped posting every single thought that passed through my head. I got a lot of cr@p for constantly posting this and that without searching and was tired of being flamed constantly by a select few who seemed to be the board monitors, but once you think twice about a post and do a search and realize most of the answers to all the questions are out there (mostly in the HI forum too) you will learn what to post and what wont get you flamed. When you first started posting it was like 10 a day new topics and it was too much, but I guess finding a community like this is cool and that can get the better of you. Just slow down, read the forums and like everyone says come out to some event. Was good to meet you at the TFT cruise at Chili's, but you gotta come to install day (seems to be the best) or auto-x, drags. Install days are the best since everyone has time to chat and isnt running around to race or work the track. Just get known, atleast get your face to your screen name.

I know Im saying the same thing everyone else said and thats because its true. Until you meet people you are just another screen name. Oh and your first install day, bring lotsa steak, and burgers and drinks. That doesnt hurt.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:14 PM
Big Baller

Car Info: 93 BG5, 00&01 GM6, 06LGT, 07STi
hi
Old 01-07-2004, 10:56 PM

Car Info: 5.4RS
i think we all need a group hug then a a group shot or 5:banana:
Old 01-08-2004, 12:50 AM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Originally posted by ds baruuuuu
i think we all need a group hug then a group shot of 151 :banana:
Old 01-08-2004, 01:31 AM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
Originally posted by ds baruuuuu
i think we all need a group hug then a a group shot or 5:banana:
How was new year's eve big D? i wish I was here for your party!

Quick Reply: ATTN: Everyone gdogg needs a hug.......