As of April 2006, there will not be a track to use on Oahu, HI....

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 02:29 AM

Car Info: 1993 RX-7/2002 Subaru WRX
As of April 2006, there will not be a track to use on Oahu, HI....

What will you do then? 8O

As of April 2006...there will not be a track to use...unless something is done, NOW.

The Race Events Hawaii website has been updated with all necessary information regarding the Future of HMC: www.raceeventshawaii.com

Currently, there is a very important bill up for approval that is integral to what we're trying to do...please support HMC by providing testimony or appearing in person...look here for further info:

Latest News Regarding the Future of HMC!
http://www.raceeventshawaii.com/Cont...l%20Cruise.htm

And finally, the Presidents' Day Motorsports and Car Enthusiast Cruise FAQ is posted as well:
http://www.raceeventshawaii.com/Cont...apitol_FAQ.htm

You won't know what's missing until it's too late...Please spread this message to every single message board you frequent, show up for the hearing on Friday if you can (I'll be there!), and then please come out for the State Capitol Cruise on Feb 21, 2005 from 12-2.

You don't have to do anything more than simply, cruise around the capitol with your car club in an orderly fashion. Show them we MEAN BUSINESS.

We need your help, anyone that shares a passion for all things autmotive NEEDS to be there!!! It's a holiday...please spend a small amount of your time with us for a great cause.

Once it's gone...it's gone forever. Again, Please spread the word to every forum you frequent!
Old 02-03-2005, 02:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: "the loud one"
its already been covered!! thanks for supporting it though!!
Old 02-03-2005, 02:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
I'm glad I'm leaving you guys are getting screwed! BTW we have somewhere close to 10 threads talking about this very topic, so quit posting(you people that are only hear to complain about the track). If no one keeps the tread alive they obviously don't care.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:05 AM

Gimme a break, I'm doing this for Mr.Oakland...he asked me to post it on every single message board I know of. I didn't exactly read the forums first, and one more extra post can't hurt. I'm the webmaster for REH and Superlaps, and that's what was asked of me.

Plus, it's on a central website that will be updated as time goes on...G'pa wants to have a central focus point for the entire track problem, so that way everyone can have the same info all the time.

I haven't been here in awhile, anyways, I just got my WRX finally, but I've been so busy working at the track, etc, I haven't had time to hang out. So sorry if I bent you all outta shape with one post.

Jeez.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:10 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ArchangelX
Gimme a break, I'm doing this for Mr.Oakland...he asked me to post it on every single message board I know of. I didn't exactly read the forums first, and one more extra post can't hurt. I'm the webmaster for REH and Superlaps, and that's what was asked of me.

Plus, it's on a central website that will be updated as time goes on...G'pa wants to have a central focus point for the entire track problem, so that way everyone can have the same info all the time.

I haven't been here in awhile, anyways, I just got my WRX finally, but I've been so busy working at the track, etc, I haven't had time to hang out. So sorry if I bent you all outta shape with one post.

Jeez.
Hey are you the guy with the black WRX with forgein plates? Where are those plates from? Is it legal for you to drive with them? I really might support a new track if I knew that different people would run it. You guys bring in enough money to fix the pot holes in the track. Last superlap I had a GIANT cement rock that broke up out of a port hole and messed up my under carrige.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:20 AM

LOL...hahah...I just realized who you are. Sorry for the off-temper, it's been a long night of working on the website and posting, yadda yadda.

Yepz, that's me...it's UK plates, and they're swapped out now (or at least will be by tomorrow, heheh...it's finally registered here).

And I patched a gazillion holes about two weeks ago...now thanks to the last Superlap Series event, I've got one bigazz patch to do. I'll have it done most likely tomorrow if the rain will let up a little.

We've been trying to do the best we can, but with the lease being up, noone really wants to put anything into the track. We're doing really well with the Drift Session and Superlap events though, and the participation has helped us out when it comes to putting it back into the track. We're currently patching holes, and are going to have the tires outta there so we can cut back on the mosquito population.

Thanks for coming out, man. The rest of you guys really need to come out to Superlap...we need more WRX's...we had two at the last event, and they were running decent times. The WRX's usually embarass quite a few cars when they come out. Join us next time, it's on Feb 19th!!!

Did you see your results from the last session? 42 isn't too bad man! We're going to get timer's for the cars that you can rent or buy so your times will be spot on...check it out, it's in the news section!

Check out the Superlap website for more info!
Superlap Series Website

Last edited by ArchangelX; 02-03-2005 at 03:26 AM.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:26 AM
VIP Member

Yepz, that's me...it's UK plates, and they're swapped out now (or at least will be by tomorrow, heheh...it's finally registered here).

And I patched a gazillion holes about two weeks ago...now thanks to the last Superlap Series event, I've got one bigazz patch to do. I'll have it done most likely tomorrow if the rain will let up a little.

We've been trying to do the best we can, but with the lease being up, noone really wants to put anything into the track. We're doing really well with the Drift Session and Superlap events as well...

You guys really need to come out to Superlap...we need more WRX's...we had two at the last event, and they were running decent times. The WRX's usually embarass quite a few cars when they come out. Join us next time, it's on Feb 19th!!!

Check out the Superlap website for more info!
Superlap Series Website
I'm glad to see that a fellow I-clubber is patching the track up. I still don't understand how thousands of dollars are made ever week with the track, but almost none of that cash comes back to actually having a "real" fix on the track. Just on Friday and Saturday night alone that much is made. Not including weekends where there is a drift, or superlap event. I understand the lease is up in a year, but until then I think we deserve to have a re-paved track. Like I said in the first post, it really doesn't matter to me anymore because after our track day on the 24th I'll be shipping my car to Indiana and that will be it for HRP me.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:29 AM

Yah...I know where you're coming from...but I guess all hope has gone to the new motorsports center...I guess they just can't justify it, when it's about to be torn down in a year. From what I've read...there's NO way the lease will be extended. The track will be dead come April 31, 06.

I guess people will just put it off until it's too late...and then we'll have a huge rash of street racing. Serves the public right I guess...

Enjoy Indiana, man! I'll take some nice pics of your final track day.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:12 AM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Aren't you they guy who also has the silver FD? I remember you coming to a small "meet" at the Kapolei park a while back. This was back when your WRX was still in the UK. I see you around the FH/SH forums.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:36 AM

Yepz...the FD is currently being rebuilt.

I'll be coming to meets soon, just need to get a few things done before I can relax.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:20 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
nice to see you again man. we were wondering who the wrx with uk plates was. glad to her you got it back. hope all goes well with the FD. thanx for helpin out with the track and doing what you can. keep it up and we'll keep comming out(not that i have driven yet).
Old 02-03-2005, 12:31 PM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
hahah, damn mann i been wondering where you went off to. can't get that fd out of my head, and the image that i look like a big monkey in it.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:30 PM

Car Info: your mom.
Yepz...the FD is currently being rebuilt.

I'll be coming to meets soon, just need to get a few things done before I can relax.
hey Michael! where you been bro? haven't seen you in a while

what happened to the FD? one of the 200 little hoses get loose??
Old 02-03-2005, 08:26 PM

LOL...heyaz! I remember youz. :P

Basically the engine took a shiat on the track. I don't think it was built right in the first place. It's getting rebuilt within the next week and a half...I wanna get her running ASAP, because she's been sitting for awhile.

I won't be able to make it out tonight, but I'll try and hit the next meet, guys. Take care!