Anyone w/ tool wana help me put on my DP?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 03:40 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon
Anyone w/ tool wana help me put on my DP?

I basically don't have any tools except for ramps and a torque wrench' and would really appreciate it if anyone would help me do this. I know it's easy but would like it if someone who knew more was there. Ive had th DP and AP in my room for like 6 months and I really wana do it already! I got a big cool garage, raps, and BEER! Have the next three days off too so if anyone's willing I'll even throw in $20! IN KAILUA, easy to find. PM me if you would be so kind and I'll give you my #. Somebody PLEASE! I wana make my wagon go! :RockOn - not mine:

Last edited by KailuaWRX; 05-21-2008 at 03:42 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:32 PM

Thurs, Fri, Sat, morning?
Old 05-21-2008, 03:26 PM

Car Info: grandmas car
dude, you should probably offer someone more money.....i mean if you expect someone to come out to you and all. my friends always say no need, but i gave him $50 last week when installed my timer. i asked what he wanted, he was like couple bucks for food..but yeah, times money ya know. just some advice...cause if you were to bring it to a shop, you think they'd do it for $20? and you expect someone you dont even know to do it for $20? idk, just my 2 cents...
Old 05-21-2008, 03:34 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
lol^^ i would do it for $20.. but i dont live out there.. but thats just me...
Old 05-21-2008, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by wrxisthebest
lol^^ i would do it for $20.. but i dont live out there.. but thats just me...
well if you logically think, gas is like over $4, so depending where theyre coming from, they would probably end up with like $10....so yeah, pretty much trying to get free work done from someone you dont know? idk about that one....
Old 05-21-2008, 03:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Yeah, they might leave you a "present" in your DP.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by ryball
Yeah, they might leave you a "present" in your DP.
thats another thing.....would you really trust someone you dont know working on your car?
Old 05-21-2008, 03:50 PM

Car Info: ghey e-rights activist
Originally Posted by dysfunctnl doll
thats another thing.....would you really trust someone you dont know working on your car?
when i used to take my Lightning to the dealership to get serviced i didn't know any of them...never messed up. but they are prof. mechanics.

i'm checking my schedule on sat. i'll see if i can make it out either Friday or Saturday. Depending on how work is Friday/or how much my wife will need help with the little guy on Saturday, i might be able to make it out. I'll pm you. I can't say no to beer on a saturday morning
Old 05-21-2008, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by AngrySubyWagon
when i used to take my Lightning to the dealership to get serviced i didn't know any of them...never messed up. but they are prof. mechanics.

i'm checking my schedule on sat. i'll see if i can make it out either Friday or Saturday. Depending on how work is Friday/or how much my wife will need help with the little guy on Saturday, i might be able to make it out. I'll pm you. I can't say no to beer on a saturday morning
shoots. next time i need help ill buy you all the beer you want & give you $20. you drive to my location too? shoots hahah.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by AngrySubyWagon

actually bypass my alarm for my timer & install my fuel pump for $20..haha...whatever kind beer you want. shoots pm me haha. im not joking either, my friend is busy this week with a motor swap. but yeah, if no can, than no can...it'll get done eventually.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:05 PM

shoots. next time i need help ill buy you all the beer you want & give you $20. you drive to my location too? shoots hahah.
i'm a helpful guy. just don't expect me to come out to do much more than a simple bolt on, being that sometimes i don't trust myself to work on my own car. my experience with wrenching my car has proven to be more blood than sweat and tears. ehh, but for a dp install, why not.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:10 PM

actually bypass my alarm for my timer & install my fuel pump for $20..haha...whatever kind beer you want. shoots pm me haha. im not joking either, my friend is busy this week with a motor swap. but yeah, if no can, than no can...it'll get done eventually.
HAHA!!! ask Teriyaaaaki what i think of wiring.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:12 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
wiring is fun!!

only if u have diagrams lol
Old 05-21-2008, 04:20 PM

make it $40 then! I was thinking about the gas thing too...
Old 05-21-2008, 05:12 PM

ok, first off sorry for being a *****...it was mentioned to me..hehe. anyway, my main point was, he obviously doesnt know anyone with any skills...he doesnt have any tools....im all about helping people too, but i make them come to me..hehe. my main point was just to pay more...to make it worth someones time. but yeah, if people are willing to help for chump change, more power to you KailuaWRX!

Quick Reply: Anyone w/ tool wana help me put on my DP?