Anyone know how to make the wing light work???

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 10:47 PM

Car Info: TurboXS BOV, it's all I got... FOR NOW!
Anyone know how to make the wing light work???

OK, the deal is that I had a trunk with no wing, and I've since traded it for a WRX trunk. Im keeping the trunk, but I cant get the light to work. I've used the same gauge wires to just connect them, as well as bigger gauge wires. Anyone know??? If not I might just go to the dealership...
Old 02-23-2005, 01:33 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
it should just be plug and play but i'm not too sure. i'd be happy to take a look at it and try to help you, or you could come by vakamon and i'll see if ryan knows.

Last edited by 04sleeper; 02-23-2005 at 01:35 AM.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by 04sleeper
it should just be plug and lay but i'm not too sure. i'd be happy to take a look at it and try to help you, or you could come by vakamon and i'll see if ryan knows.
Plug and Lay huh?

Why don't you wire it using the wiring diagram? You may just be connecting the wrong wires.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:56 AM

Car Info: Storme..

getting layed is always good
Old 02-23-2005, 02:06 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
ok...I'm a little confused on what you're asking...

In the subject you mention you'd like to get the wing light to work but in your thread you don't mention anything about a wing.

Did you buy the "WRX Trunk" that you mention with a wing on it? or did you just buy a WRX trunk and bought a factory Wing for the trunk and want to know how to wire it up?

I own a WRX and did NOT purchase a wing with my car. Later I decided to purchase a wing from Schuman which now includes what is known as the installation kit (now bundled together if you buy it new). In this installation kit you'll get everything you'll need (ie. Wing light harness, wing tension cord (don't know exact name), all mounting hardware and templates).

To answer your question before you ask it... there is a harness that you need to plug the factory harness from the wing into behind the trunk lining on the right side of the trunk.

if you bought the WRX trunk/wing combo together and it didn't come with a harness then you'llneed to buy the installation kit or wire it up manually (like I think you're trying to do).

please carify... I think I might have already answerd your question though.