Anyone investment savvy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 07:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Anyone investment savvy?

There's a pending IPO that I want to jump on, but I've never bought stocks before; only mutual funds. What's the best way to make a one-time only purchase.

I'm thinking that since this is their IPO, they probably won't offer purchasing directly like I know some companies do.

I looked at some of the online (day?) trading websites and they def don't seem inexpensive.

I just want to lay down a couple of g's and be done with it.

Thanks
Old 10-29-2006, 08:42 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
I use Scottrade. You can open an account with a minimum of $500. Depending on the company, alot (read; almost every company) in the last 4 or 5 months has had there stock price sink like a rock in the weeks following it's release. What company is going public? I'll look up some info on it.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:17 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
pat,

IMHO... me and my wife always say stay away from buying stocks... we recently got involved in Options... i suggest getting a good mentor before jumping in. we got started about 1999- and we did it without a "coach" - it's like jumping in the ring w/out a trainer- we got beat up because we used experiences from "average" people...

we spent some serious money to get coached/trained... and honestly it's worth it-
we did some online classes (and real classes here in Hawaii) at www.incomestrategies.com

and Forex is huge too... 24 hour market... never closes... different ballgame but more interesting-

and when you hit "big ballers" status - there are even some companies that will take 100K, risk only 10-20K but usually make some massive returns on your money-

there is this one company that we were eyeballing, and they have a site which i think is not ready to launch yet (or maybe they are by now)
www.trendax.com

sorry i never really answered your question directly.. i figured i'd just round everything off and basically just say that me and wifey are amateurs in that area, but we have learned to get good coaching-

aloha from the summit of *-^-mauna kea-^-*