anyone going to watch The Matrix tonight?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 07:11 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Maybe I'm just a big fan of the "causality introduction" scene because it heralded the entrance of Persephone who is just plain sizzling...

Nobody has broached the most interesting subject yet... What do you think of Neo's decision? Did you fully understand the consequences and revelations in the Architect's monologue? That was one great recitation!
Old 05-21-2003, 07:55 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Let's try this again. MSIE crashed on me just as I was about finished composing my original reply.

Originally posted by IS2Scooby
Maybe I'm just a big fan of the "causality introduction" scene because it heralded the entrance of Persephone who is just plain sizzling...
Is Persephone hot, or what! I've ordered "Tears of the Sun" and "Malena" on DVD to see more of Monica Bellucci.

Did you fully understand the consequences and revelations in the Architect's monologue?
Not everything, but I got the part about Neo not being the first One. I was as surprised as Neo at the end of the movie when he had his ephiphany, just as it looked like the Sentinels were going to make mincemeat of them all. This was an interesting little development, and one not mentioned by the Architect. A variable. The outcome predicted by the Architect is not so certain now.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 05-21-2003, 09:11 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
*POSSIBLE SPOILER! WARNING! POSSIBLE SPOILER!*

Thanks for the reply! I think that the whole gist of the matter is - the "real world" isn't. The Matrix is a construct WITHIN a construct. The "choice" (the red pill or the blue?) is but the illusion of such and is only there to act as a net for the people that cannot "accept" the construct. The choice is provided as a safety net for those souls that would otherwise have to be flushed.

Matrix within a matrix, dream within a dream.

Last edited by IS2Scooby; 05-21-2003 at 09:18 PM.