anyone going to watch The Matrix tonight?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 02:50 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
They did an awesome job. Cant even begin to talk about what they did to the trunk. Completely custom. We talked about some ideas and then they mentioned they changed it a bit. Protected the sub and amp since the kid is on the way and I might mess the trunk up with stroller and such.

Ok, new thread with pics. Sorry for Hijack.

Last edited by DaveWRX; 05-15-2003 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-15-2003, 07:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
Originally posted by WRX-Zero
Sequels are usually not quite as good as the first movie. There are some that surpass the first one. I liked X2, more than the first X-Men movie.
Me too, I thought the first X-men wasn't that great. Liked the 2nd a lot, and looking forward to 'Reloaded'. It just won't be the same as watching the first one... I'm talking about the "Holy **** I've never seen that before" effect I got from 'The Matrix". I think it's gonna be a Saturday matinee.
Old 05-15-2003, 07:44 PM

Reloaded was MEAN! Much better than the first one. Waaaaaayyy more action! Had enough special effects and action for 3 movies, I think. Plus, Keanu Reeve's fighting skills has improved by leaps and bounds. You know... in the first film he looked like a stiff dork with his kung fu moves. He's now a lot more fluid and believable. Probably going to see it again this weekend.
Still in awe...
Old 05-15-2003, 08:53 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Saw it this morning. This is gonna be a huge hit. I thought the movie slowed down a bit much during the extended talking scenes but made up for it during the fight scenes, which were sick!

My favorite new character is Persephone (per-sef-unny). You'll know who I'm talking about when you see her in that great dress.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush

Last edited by Wingless Wonder; 05-15-2003 at 08:55 PM.
Old 05-16-2003, 01:25 AM

overall i thought the movie was good, but I didn't really like some of the CGI scenes. Looked like i was watching a video game. Still like the 1st one better as far as the story and charm of the movie.
Old 05-21-2003, 06:08 AM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
HOLY ****. Matrix: Reloaded was FANTASTIC!

They went a little overboard in the first Agent Smith fight scene - but the rest was GREAT!

The Architect's speech was just TRULY AWE-INSPIRING! Exactly the kind of mind-**** that I like.

I'm still trying to figure out which of a handful of theories I have in my mind is where the Brothers Warchovski (sp?) are going... :devil:
Old 05-21-2003, 09:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
Originally posted by IS2Scooby

The Architect's speech was just TRULY AWE-INSPIRING! Exactly the kind of mind-**** that I like.
I was hoping that Neo was going to take an alternative choice... the one that involved blowing the architect away
Old 05-21-2003, 01:17 PM

HOLY ****. Matrix: Reloaded was FANTASTIC!

They went a little overboard in the first Agent Smith fight scene - but the rest was GREAT!

I'm still trying to figure out which of a handful of theories I have in my mind is where the Brothers Warchovski (sp?) are going... :devil:
Hmm, I gotta admit I wasnt that thrilled. The fight scene with 100 Smiths was way overboard and lost my attention. I just didnt really like it. I like it because its the Matrix is all, but I just wasnt drawn into it. I liked seeing Zion and all, but it seemed like it was just dragging on and on. I know no one else has felt the same from what I have read, but just my take.

I didnt care for some of the scenes like the French guy talking on and on and for some reason the cake he "made" and served to the damn fine girl, damn she was hot as hell, that whole deal of zooming in on the "stuff" and showing the "spolsion" she had, just made me shake my head.
Old 05-21-2003, 02:14 PM
Pr0n King

Greg, I don't think that was the idea. I think it's a moral story on the choice of evils affecting our plight - or not... I have a theory about what happened and why Neo can affect the Sentinels in "the real world" now - and that deals with what the Architect was saying about his choices/outcomes (or as the old antideluvian program would have said "causality").

Dave, No way! Really? I thought that was great! The fact that he served the cake to her knowing that it would get her "hot and bothered" so she would go to the lady's room and he was going to meet her there after to get "lips" on his "stick" (Persephone's lipstick reference during their confrontation) was great!
Old 05-21-2003, 02:15 PM
Pr0n King

I liked the Zion scenes as well... I think we have to remember that this movie was not made as a stand-alone product, but as an "Empire Strikes Back" or "The Two Towers" type of movie that bridges the first in the trilogy and the last... In that sense it had WONDERFUL pacing! As a standalone movie it was TERRIBLY edited, but I think the idea was that everybody knew that within the next 6 months the "last" (??) Matrix movie would be out to tie everything together... Loved it!
Old 05-21-2003, 05:36 PM
Pr0n King

Last edited by IS2Scooby; 05-21-2003 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-21-2003, 05:41 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Thumbs up

Good point!
Old 05-21-2003, 06:42 PM

(Persephone's lipstick reference during their confrontation) was great!
I thought that was COMPLETELY out of place in a Matrix movie. Those sort of comments and innuendos just dont belong in a Matrix movie IMHO. I would have liked to see those in any other R movie, but NOT Matrix. I was just completely disappointed and can only hope Revolutions is better.

Ok one more gripe...DAMN THE CREDITS WERE LONG!!! Jesus christ, even knowing the trailer was there I almost left. It just never stopped. Hah...
Old 05-21-2003, 07:03 PM
Pr0n King

This one was much more philosophical, I agree. I like the fact that they decided to get under the skin of the matter and not just rely on "bullet time" to keep people entertained.

The whole idea of anthropomorphising (sp?) the "programs" in the machine was where they were going with the Persephone/her pig husband scene arc, I believe. Showing that there were levels of "programs" in the code and that not everything in the Matrix is governed by strict anti-human rules and not everything is all part of one consciousness like the Borg collective mind (I'm not a Trekkie so I don't know if I'm using this reference incorrectly).

To each their own though. I've been really disappointed in many movies that others loved - and I've loved movies others haven't liked.

All I know is that 90% of the people that didn't like the first movie just didn't think about it enough to see what was going on. I have a feeling that this may hold true for the second in the series as well.

There's a 10% contingent out there that just didn't like the movie for whatever reason. I think you're in that 10% - used big brain, understood everything, still thought it stunk.

I think I just give movies I have a soft spot for lots of leeway - and things that I don't like I critique very harsly. Human nature, I guess. Being subjective is much easier than being objective!
Old 05-21-2003, 07:10 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
I wanted some titty shots, but that's just me.

Quick Reply: anyone going to watch The Matrix tonight?